Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cassia & amla for greys, second attempt!

Default Re: Cassia & amla for greys, second attempt!

Quote Originally Posted by tevta View Post
    Interesting thread, very informative.. I am outgrowing henna, trying to remove it from my hair. 4 cm or so virgin hair (about 20 % grey, other mousy dark dark blond or very light brown). Just bought some amla and cassia. I want my curls back and I want to have grey hair blonde. I will try to experiment with doses to get it right, I don't want to MIX in henna because quite frankly I am sick and tired of it.
    My picture of now: http://imgur.com/a/QdB6J1L
    My hair is little bit damp, so it seems darker than irl. I will try to keep you posted about the outcome.
    Ooh, I really like your colour, but I totally get just getting sick of a colour no matter how pretty someone else thinks it is.

However, as I've been power reading about henna and cassia as I'm about to do it for the first time, I've been reading that cassia can really reduce curl, so would that be the best for getting your curl back?

Length
    26/20/30
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Aww, thank you for the compliment. Red goes well with my complexion, but it has been 20 years that I am redhead, with a short detour in blonde. Now I will try to strip the hair, and if it is succesful, I will perhaps do a manic panic blue on them, before I'm too old for it

Uh, didn't read that about cassia and curls. I was thinking of adding amla for curls. But it will darken the color, won't it?

Aww, thank you for the compliment. Red goes well with my complexion, but it has been 20 years that I am redhead, with a short detour in blonde. Now I will try to strip the hair, and if it is succesful, I will perhaps do a manic panic blue on them, before I'm too old for it

Uh, didn't read that about cassia and curls. I was thinking of adding amla for curls. But it will darken the color, won't it?
    Hoo boy, I am not an expert at all when it comes to herbal colour. I'm a bit of a wizard with conventional dye, and was trained a bit professionally, but everything I've learned about herbal has been in the last 4 days of obsessive reading.

I could be wrong about the cassia and curls, but I feel like I read that here a few times.

In terms of blue, I would suspect that you will end up with purple on the henna'd lengths.

I've never tried to get rid of henna, but I have tried to get rid of dyed red and it's impossible. Even dyeing it blue black didn't totally get rid of it, in the sun, there was a very obvious line where the red ended.

As far as I understand, red is forever. When I went dye red 5 years ago, I told my husband "you better love red, because from here on out, it's either red or shaving my head"

I only had 3 inches of hair at the time, so it wasn't as dramatic a statement as it sounds.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Henna's known to straighten curls, but I've not seen that mentioned for cassia. Not that I've used them, just read a lot out of curiosity since being here
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    26/20/30
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Yep, that happened to me. Anyhoo, 50/50 amla and cassia, chamomile, over night, nothing
    http://imgur.com/a/h0oCK1y

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Interesting thread, very informative.. I am outgrowing henna, trying to remove it from my hair. 4 cm or so virgin hair (about 20 % grey, other mousy dark dark blond or very light brown). Just bought some amla and cassia. I want my curls back and I want to have grey hair blonde. I will try to experiment with doses to get it right, I don't want to MIX in henna because quite frankly I am sick and tired of it.
    My picture of now: http://imgur.com/a/QdB6J1L
    My hair is little bit damp, so it seems darker than irl. I will try to keep you posted about the outcome.
    Best to just go "cold turkey" and grow it out. Ask me how I know. If you keep dyeing, it never ends, trust me on that.

Maybe join the grow out dye thread? It's up to you, of course!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Yep, that happened to me. Anyhoo, 50/50 amla and cassia, chamomile, over night, nothing
    http://imgur.com/a/h0oCK1y
    On both my laptop and tablet, the second photo does appear to have a slight golden hue, to my eyes anyway. I would venture that it would be worth doing it again, or maybe even trying straight cassia
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness