Pixie/MBL/???

Default Re: 60's/70's/Hippie hairdo ideas

I forgot about halter dresses! Definitely platform shoes. 🌼🌻🌸✌🏻❤️

Length
    thigh/mbl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Thanks everyone so much! I got super busy and didn't come back to this thread until now - I love the conversation it sparked!

My main take-away is I already look like a hippie. LOL! I've got the middle part, the long hair, curtain bangs, paisley kerchiefs... No bell bottoms or platforms, but I think a bootcut and slightly platformed boot might do okay! What about clogs? Maybe that's a Scandinavian thing but I talked to my mom about it this morning and she mentioned she used to wear clogs all the time back then. Anyway, it's January so I'll definitely only break those out for indoor events...
    2008: 24cm/10" 2015: 41cm/16" 2022: 120cm/48" // 2022: 52cm/21"
    instagram

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Bell bottom jeans/pants.

Hair parted straight down the middle with a band around the head at forehead level.

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Thanks everyone so much! I got super busy and didn't come back to this thread until now - I love the conversation it sparked!

My main take-away is I already look like a hippie. LOL! I've got the middle part, the long hair, curtain bangs, paisley kerchiefs... No bell bottoms or platforms, but I think a bootcut and slightly platformed boot might do okay! What about clogs? Maybe that's a Scandinavian thing but I talked to my mom about it this morning and she mentioned she used to wear clogs all the time back then. Anyway, it's January so I'll definitely only break those out for indoor events...
    LOL ~ thanks for the memories it sparked ....and for tolerating the digression

That's cool you already rock the look

Oh sure.....clogs, platforms, mules were all IN....sounds like you are good to go girl

Rock on

Length
    pixie/Calf/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post

Nod, nod, yes, I had platform clogs. Clump, clump, clump every step.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I used to have clogs - I loved them - so comfortable!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Going to have to agree with all the hair parted down the middle with a headband suggestions, if you're going for the stereotype. That's the first thing that pops into my head when I think "hippie hair."

Everybody is saying to wear bell-bottoms, but if you can't find any, I'd think a long flowy skirt would be appropriate too, no? (Actual hippies and ex-hippies, help me out, were those a thing?) Bootcut jeans read more modern, and bootcut hiphuggers are so late '90s/early 2000s.
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    1c/2a,M,ii. Maintaining at classic for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Ninja View Post
    Going to have to agree with all the hair parted down the middle with a headband suggestions, if you're going for the stereotype. That's the first thing that pops into my head when I think "hippie hair."

Everybody is saying to wear bell-bottoms, but if you can't find any, I'd think a long flowy skirt would be appropriate too, no? (Actual hippies and ex-hippies, help me out, were those a thing?) Bootcut jeans read more modern, and bootcut hiphuggers are so late '90s/early 2000s.
    I still wear long flowy broomstick skirts and tunic tops

Any flare bottom/hiphugger jeans would pass I think.

Okay, I'm curious... what's a "hazing team," and what does it have to do with college? The only "hazing" and "college" I know of that go together are fraternities/sororities, and it doesn't get a good rap. And has nothing to do with hippies.