Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cassia & amla on blonde hair?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Cassia & amla on blonde hair?

That's odd, when I made my henna (I used about 200/300grams I think for shoulder to APL hair), I used *plenty*, so I could "dump" it on my hair well enough. It's not your regular dye... And you have to make it the consistency of mashed potatoes, so it doesn't drip.

Use enough!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    That's odd, when I made my henna (I used about 200/300grams I think for shoulder to APL hair), I used *plenty*, so I could "dump" it on my hair well enough. It's not your regular dye... And you have to make it the consistency of mashed potatoes, so it doesn't drip.

Use enough!
    I obviously didn’t use anywhere near enough! Is it safe to try again soon or do I need to leave it a certain amount of time?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ab1J View Post
    I obviously didn’t use anywhere near enough! Is it safe to try again soon or do I need to leave it a certain amount of time?
    I would wait a week, but just so the color can still "change" a bit on you; as you may know, henna oxidizes, I'm betting the same goes for cassia on light colored hair.

Ok thanks Lapushka. Have you tried cassia and or amla before on your own hair? If so what did you think of it?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ab1J View Post
    Ok thanks Lapushka. Have you tried cassia and or amla before on your own hair? If so what did you think of it?
    I haven't tried amla, oil or powder. I have tried cassia. Somehow, for me, it did not have the "thickening" effects (on individual strands of hair) that henna had, so I pretty much gave up using it after one go. My hair is also too dark, so it didn't "color" it either. Kind of disappointing for me.