Thread: Thinking about cutting my hair

...My vanity’s a mess... desisparkles's Avatar
    Length
    20/45 CL/Thigh
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Thinking about cutting my hair

Quote Originally Posted by Untressed View Post
    I'm thinking about cutting my barely waist length hair back to reduce thinning at the ends. Worried that even if I do, I could suffer another shed and be in worse shape. It's a pickle.
    What about micro trimming so you get the hemline you want but slowly so you keep your length?
    Super fine and delicate
    Dye & heat free circa 2017
    Senna has turned my silvers to gold - give me all the metals

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Untressed View Post
    I'm thinking about cutting my barely waist length hair back to reduce thinning at the ends. Worried that even if I do, I could suffer another shed and be in worse shape. It's a pickle.
    Those thinner ends will help you a lot in bunning. If wearing your hair in a bun is your thing, I'd keep the thinner ends. In the spring of last year, I cut my thinned-out BCL hair up to solid hip (quite a long distance on me), and suddenly, buns just wouldn't hold.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    24”/33.5"/39"
    Type
    1a/F/i

From reading your post, my first thought is to get a professional to put some layers in your hair, you could specify, layers from waist down or something.
    Secondly, if your hair is very heavy and thick, a bun is probably the worst way to distribute that weight, unless it was directly on the top of your head! You could try some braiding and pinning it around your head evenly etc.
    Ultimately (for me) enjoyment is the reason for having long hair, sorry it's proving to be a pain at the moment!
    APL - BSL - *MBL* - WL - HL - TBL
    Last trim: 12th March 2021
    Pantene fanatic, sulphate and silicone lover

Quote Originally Posted by desisparkles View Post
    What about micro trimming so you get the hemline you want but slowly so you keep your length?
    Micro trimming sounds like something that could help. Thank you for bringing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Those thinner ends will help you a lot in bunning. If wearing your hair in a bun is your thing, I'd keep the thinner ends. In the spring of last year, I cut my thinned-out BCL hair up to solid hip (quite a long distance on me), and suddenly, buns just wouldn't hold.
    Thank you for mentioning that. I am starting to wear my hair up more to keep it from tangling.