Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Okay henna people, it's me again, where can I go from here?

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Okay henna people, it's me again, where can I go from here?

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    Well, it's certainly an option I'll look into. The only problem I forsee is that they do not have a 3a/3na shade. It jumps from 2na (more of a 1N or straight black than a 2a which is more of an ashy soft black) which is too dark and a 5n which is way too light. Ideally I need a 3a shade. I would prefer not to go that dark and I don't think the lighter shade will match my roots or cover the red which would just mean 22 dollars plus shipping down the drain.

Needless to say I'm hesitant.
    You can mix all the shades (and with your background I'm sure you would be able to create a perfect shade) and they have one clear you can use for diluting it lighter.

But they are so expensive!
    I have my one bottle of Violet and that's it, but I would like to experiment some more... Not gonna happen because of the price. (Anyway, I thinking about trimming off all the damage this year and going all virgin. But if I ever gain real length, I think I want to keep my ends dyed).
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I just... I don't know, it feels like a gamble either way to me. I could try to go over it and ruin my hair and have to cut it off or I could wait for my hair to grow out and slowly chop off the henna. However, there is more than an average amount degree of chance that I'll run out my time while waiting... or on a slightly less morbid note that I'll end up losing my hair anyway.

So, I feel like if I continue waiting and continue hating the color (which I know I will) with the hope that it will all grow out and I will be left with hip length hair in my shade the result could be that I spend years patiently waiting with something I hate to never see the end goal. I guess that I'm afraid that something that should bring me joy will just contribute to me being unhappy.

If I dye it to match my roots (or be very close to matching)... assuming it doesn't fry off my hair, I could likely get some enjoyment out of my hair while waiting for all that dyed stuff to be cut off.

I don't know if that makes sense. I'm generally freaking out right now so I might not be thinking properly.
    I don't think a semi or demi will mess things up beyond repair! No, I don't think that at all. And you used BAQ, so there's a good chance it will go just fine! Just strand test and you'll be good to go. And you are a hairdresser, so you are expert at this, and avoiding your roots should be no problem at all!

Let's stay positive!!!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I don't think a semi or demi will mess things up beyond repair! No, I don't think that at all. And you used BAQ, so there's a good chance it will go just fine! Just strand test and you'll be good to go. And you are a hairdresser, so you are expert at this, and avoiding your roots should be no problem at all!

Let's stay positive!!!
    Thanks. I'll try to stay positive. It helps that I have an appointment scheduled now.

I'm not a stylist anymore. When I started going to school I stopped renewing my license. Now, I'm a microbiologist and a student.

That said, even if I were still a practicing stylist I certainly wouldn't be an expert with this. This is is my first go around with henna and henna is a different kind of beast.

I'm pretty sure I'll end up dyeing over it either way but I'll start with some shed hair then move onto a strand test before doing a full head application.

Thanks so much for all of the advice and sorry I was a bit... emotional yesterday.

Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Hey guys.

Last night I washed my hair with a clarifying shampoo and a lot of color came out.

I took a photo of my wurls under some day bulbs and... Well,

Is there even any henna left in my hair?

Here is a comparison of a week after I hennaed (left) and today (right)

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I like what it looks like now *a lot*! It's so pretty and a subtle ombre. That is gorgeous!!!
    You did an awesome job, jane_marie!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I like what it looks like now *a lot*! It's so pretty and a subtle ombre. That is gorgeous!!!
    You did an awesome job, jane_marie!
    Thanks.

That's the thing though. All I did was put a semi over it and that semi has washed out. I still haven't done the dark demi.

I'm just curious if it's possible my henna didn't take right because the red seems to be gone.

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Thanks.That's the thing though. All I did was put a semi over it and that semi has washed out. I still haven't done the dark demi. I'm just curious if it's possible my henna didn't take right because the red seems to be gone.
    Henna fades in rare cases, looks like you are one of those.

Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Henna fades in rare cases, looks like you are one of those.
    You think? That would be amazing! I sort of want to slap a demi to match my natural shade over it.

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Yep, henna is usually extremely permanent. When I went too dark with henna, nothing short of bleach would lighten it. Ended up cutting it all away last year.

Have you tried a heavy oiling since you hennaed? I've heard that can sometimes help fade it. Did nothing for me but since your hair isn't holding the henna, it might help pull out any left that you can't see.

Not sure how much you want to spend on getting your natural color back but I hear very good things about overtone and its non damaging.
    https://overtone.co/collections/shop-by-color-brown

Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Yep, henna is usually extremely permanent. When I went too dark with henna, nothing short of bleach would lighten it. Ended up cutting it all away last year.

Have you tried a heavy oiling since you hennaed? I've heard that can sometimes help fade it. Did nothing for me but since your hair isn't holding the henna, it might help pull out any left that you can't see.

Not sure how much you want to spend on getting your natural color back but I hear very good things about overtone and its non damaging.
    https://overtone.co/collections/shop-by-color-brown
    I do very heavily oil. About once every two weeks I saturate my hair for an hour or two before I wash. I also oil after every wash.

I wonder if all of that oiling is the reason my henna is gone or rather practically gone.