Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Continuously Breaking Off Hair

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Continuously Breaking Off Hair

Quote Originally Posted by Old Lady Kaydee View Post
    I'm going though similar struggles. I thought it was my age. I'll be 46 Christmas Eve. Learned that isn't always the case. I had a trim, took off four inches of some really straggly ends. Some of the ladies here might freak I did that, but I felt it was necessary. It feels tons better. I won't trim or cut it again for a long time. It's still at arm pit length (APL). I'm wanting to grow to my butt. I think really long silver/gray hair is beautiful so I stopped coloring long time ago. I'll be looking forward to following your thread. Merry Christmas. Happy New Years. I'm not a person who lives on these forums. Just drop in from time to time. Dry, natural beach curls, fine, thin hair type here. Dry scalp issues. I eat well. Never use heat on my hair. Never use cheap products. Bought a lot of new hair oils I am slowly trying one at a time. So far almond oil is a favorite. Will be happy to read about what you find that works for you.
    Welcome to the forum!

I'm 47 myself. There's no reason it should not grow due to age. Why is that a thing, anyway?

Happy growing!
    Last edited by lapushka; December 23rd, 2019 at 05:00 PM.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/APL/TBD
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

I'm 47 myself. There's no reason it should not grow due to age. Why is that a thing, anyway?

Happy growing!
    I talk to sooo many people who consider themselves "too old" for things, as early as 30!

What I always tell them is my great-aunt is 94 years old. If 50 year old decides they're too old to have fun anymore, and then they live until 90, that menas they'll spend 40 YEARS feeling too old to do things. That's such a waste!
    I think people forget how young people in their 40's and 50's really are. There's still so much to do, see, learn, and for some, so much more hair to grow.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Laurab View Post
    I talk to sooo many people who consider themselves "too old" for things, as early as 30!

What I always tell them is my great-aunt is 94 years old. If 50 year old decides they're too old to have fun anymore, and then they live until 90, that menas they'll spend 40 YEARS feeling too old to do things. That's such a waste!
    I think people forget how young people in their 40's and 50's really are. There's still so much to do, see, learn, and for some, so much more hair to grow.
    My mom has just turned 74 and when I go "careful this and that", "pay attention to this and that". She always goes, "I'm not old! What do you think? I can do things just fine!" I always get my booty kicked.

Length
    Jaw/31.5"/hip
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Laurab View Post

Wise words! Thank you for this, I needed to read that this morning

aslpro57, I'm sorry you're having such difficulties. I'd recommend taking a look at nightshade's article about repairing damaged hair here. I hope time and care helps, I'm sure it will. Best of luck!

Length
    12/20/36
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

My eyesight is so bad it is hard for me to see the split ends. I need to get new glasses. I am moving to Ecuador in April and I am going to pay someone to do it for me. I am retired hahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    Is it all breaking off at about the same spot (such and such number of inches from the ends, or whatever)? Or just breakage all over the lengths?

There is info over here about how to post images in a forum thread. Basically, you have to use a photo-hosting site; there are a number of different free ones, some of which will automatically reformat your photo to be the right size.

You have to have a certain number of posts (25, I think?) before you can actually view your profile, but you should still be able to edit it by using the link from the e-mail you got when signing up.

Length
    12/20/36
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

So true. I will be 63 in February and retiring to Ecuador in April. I am going to pay someone to dust my hair twice a month. It is really cheap to live there.

Length
    bald/20"/40"
    Type
    3a/3b/F/i

Good luck with your hair. This is the second time I have been made to feel unwelcome on these forums. So I won't be posting anymore. I was talking about hair, and only hair. A well known dermatologist on YouTube mentioned that after age 40 some women can have issues with hair growth. It's possible. We're not ALL the same. Not always true for everyone, but perhaps more of a challenge for some individuals. Did I suggest, even for a second, that it should deter you or stop you? Of course not. Nor did I suggest it should stop you in any other matters of your life. So not sure how my words got twisted into that. Hope you find something that helps with your breakage. Its disheartening to grow for so long only to have it snap at a certain length. To try so hard to get it long, only for it to break. Should it stop you? No. Best wishes. I truly hope you find what works best for you.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Old Lady Kaydee View Post
    Good luck with your hair. This is the second time I have been made to feel unwelcome on these forums. So I won't be posting anymore. I was talking about hair, and only hair. A well known dermatologist on YouTube mentioned that after age 40 some women can have issues with hair growth. It's possible. We're not ALL the same. Not always true for everyone, but perhaps more of a challenge for some individuals. Did I suggest, even for a second, that it should deter you or stop you? Of course not. Nor did I suggest it should stop you in any other matters of your life. So not sure how my words got twisted into that. Hope you find something that helps with your breakage. Its disheartening to grow for so long only to have it snap at a certain length. To try so hard to get it long, only for it to break. Should it stop you? No. Best wishes. I truly hope you find what works best for you.
    What was said, exactly to make you feel unwelcome? I'm quite honestly puzzled. I have scrolled through the thread and I can't find anything that is nasty towards you or anything that you said.