Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the best diet for your healthy hair?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Default Re: What's the best diet for your healthy hair?

I know this sounds crazy but part of me thinks that my hair grows slighty faster when I drink more.... though maybe that's just because drinking tends to uh.... have a relaxing effect. haha

Length
    Buzz/37.5/35??
    Type
    2b/M/ii

As long as you are getting the nutrients your body needs, your hair should grow fine. For me, I have some genetic mutations that prevent me from being able to get certain vitamins from non-animal sources. To get enough for my body, I cannot be a vegetarian (even if I’d like to be) and have to include some organ meats. This is just me, most people will not have the same issue and many people don’t have weird issues like that at all.

Length
    13/13/24
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyAbhc19 View Post
    Consume foods that are rich in Vitamins A, C, D & E, B Vitamins like Biotin & B12, Iron, Protein and Omega-3. Such as egg, mackerel and seabass, sweet potato, avocados & garlic.
    Food high in iron, for sure! I'm iron deficient, and it's quickly and dramatically noticeable that taking iron pills helps my skin and nails (and energy levels). I assume that means my iron pills help my hair, too! I love fish and sweet potatoes, so judging by reading this thread, those probably help my hair, too!

Length
    24.5/38.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I believe in eating a balanced diet. Many people will tell you don’t eat fat because it is unhealthy, other people say do not eat carbs and believe that fruits are bad for your health and other people say don’t worry about your protein intake at all you can’t be deficient in protein because this is very odd and rare. But the thing is if you’re deficient in any thing your hair will be affected. Don’t restrict any macronutrient in your diet. If you are coming from a bad diet and want to start eating healthy for your hair just start with simple steps like including nuts/nut butters and seeds like chia or flax- drinking a smoothie that you love and add some greens in it- eat a small salad as a side dish with your dinner.

Length
    BSL/CL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

(duplicate)
    Last edited by elise.autumn; December 18th, 2019 at 06:00 PM.

Length
    BSL/CL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by amiraaah View Post
    I believe in eating a balanced diet. Many people will tell you don’t eat fat because it is unhealthy, other people say do not eat carbs and believe that fruits are bad for your health and other people say don’t worry about your protein intake at all you can’t be deficient in protein because this is very odd and rare. But the thing is if you’re deficient in any thing your hair will be affected. Don’t restrict any macronutrient in your diet. If you are coming from a bad diet and want to start eating healthy for your hair just start with simple steps like including nuts/nut butters and seeds like chia or flax- drinking a smoothie that you love and add some greens in it- eat a small salad as a side dish with your dinner.
    I second this, and would add to listen to what your body wants. I have been most unhealthy when I heavily restricted things I love (like fruit, because I wondered if I was having too much sugar). This messed me up and I even passed out. Now I live on fruit in addition to some things people occasionally say are unhealthy, like nuts (I have sooo many of these), eggs, and oils (fat). I am much happier and enjoy eating again.

Length
    buzz/bsl/waist
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    I know this sounds crazy but part of me thinks that my hair grows slighty faster when I drink more.... though maybe that's just because drinking tends to uh.... have a relaxing effect. haha
    You're not the only one

But seriously, the best diet for my hair tends to be a whole food diet that's non-restrictive. I wanted to be vegan so bad, but felt and looked crappy every day. I eat mostly vegetables and grains now, but have chicken/fish/other meat a few times a week at least. And some type of cheese most days, too. I do notice more growth when I take a biotin supplement religiously.

Length
    thigh/mbl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mary_whitney View Post
    You're not the only one
    Actually, beer has a rather high amount of silica and biotin, soooo...
    2008: 24cm/10" 2015: 41cm/16" 2022: 120cm/48" // 2022: 52cm/21"
    instagram

Length
    29/29/45

Eating a diet with modest to small amounts of processed foods/sugar is the best for my hair. I think splurging from time to time is okay. But I have to be careful about portions. I have dealt with disordered eating for so long.

Length
    15/31/44
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

For me I recently discovered I'm actually gluten and lactose sensitive (lactose) and intolerant (gluten). It was quite shocking to me as I lived on bread. Never thought I could actually be gluten intolerant but now I'm stopping to eat bread my skin and other health issues are improving dramatically. So now for me the best diet is vegetables, fruit, eggs, meat/fish and non gluten grains like rice or other things like potato.
    16.APL.BSL.WL.Hip.33.34.35.36.37.
    BCL.39.TB.41.42.43.CL.45.46....55.Knee