Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you determine your ultimate length goal?

Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Default How did you determine your ultimate length goal?

Hey there!
    I've been lurking and posting about the forms for some time, and it seems to me people have definitive goals about how long they hope their hair will grow. I'm so firmly undetermined. I have NO idea. I guess I'm just growing to grow. How did you decide? What were the determining factors? For me waist length seems to be my ultimate goal, but knee length and beyond long hairs never cease to amaze me with their dedication and love for their hair!

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/FTL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: How did you determine your ultimate length goal?

I'm just growing to grow, too. My plan is to keep growing until I decide to cut it. While I think it would be nice to have a goal, mine is always changing and I guess doesn't really exist. When my hair isn't fun anymore, I'll stop growing.

Length
    ?/71/Term
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

I never actually set any definitive goals beyond the next milestone. It keeps growing and there kept on being another milestone to reach and apparently I've got floor length hair now, which I never set out to have.
    Princess Cerise of the Blushing Hues in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/SL/APL
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

I agree with the growing just to grow comments
    Original goal was just "As long as it'll get by my friend's wedding"
    but said friend is now happily expecting so timelines have gone out the window.
    I don't think she's decided yet if she still wants a big ceremony, so in my head I'm at least waiting until she decides, but since I've started I feel like I might as well continue no matter what she chooses.
    I'm sorta thinking "Longer than I've had it before" is my current goal, which is like BSL, maybe even waist if I get ambitious. I don't think I'd do longer than that.
    There are some girls on here with absolutely gorgeous hair that goes longer than that, and I love seeing all of the buns and styles they can do, but I don't think that's me.
    I don't want to ever feel like I've gotta wear my hair up everyday, I've always been bad at styling hair, and it's on the thicker side so it gets hot and unmanagable easily. So we'll see how long it gets before I get sick of it lol.

Length
    APL/TBL/term
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I know I def want at least classic length again trying to go for knee for sure this time too and beyond.

I'm doing it because I love long hair and I want to be able to stick with something for once in my life. Last time I caved and bleached..ruined all my progress. Uggh.

Length
    HL/HL+/~CL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

My hair has been around hip-BCL for a large portion of my life, and "long" beyond those periods as well. That's exactly where my ends sit at this very moment too due to chops.

For me, it's about two things: wanting it solidly longer than my "default" length as well as the need for constant self-improvement. Once I run out of things to improve with my hair... Yeah, I don't know what happens then. Sure, my thoughts right now are that it would be awesome to have all-virgin, healthy hair right now, but frankly, the journey is the main thing for me. We'll see what happens later. Maybe I'll wreck my hair just for the heck of it.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.
    TBL by Yule 2020 | Classic by Yule 2020 | No-trimming 2020 (first half)

Length
    24+/46/~47
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

It just grew on me.

I'm not too fussed with however long it is, although there are days it feels a little too long now as it heads into the out-of-reach zone.
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~Onwards, through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Currently past mid-thigh at fingertip length

Type
    1b/F/ii

No specific goal here either. I suspect that much longer than hip length would be in my way. I love the buns people do with longer hair, but I stick to a top knot most days, being at home. Anything at the back of my head is uncomfortable sitting in a recliner or driving in a car. As for how long, I'll find out when I get there. Meanwhile, I'll hold at waist for 2020, growing out layers.

Length
    ChL/SL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/iii

For me, I chose a length that surpassed how long my hair has ever been. I've always grown out until about BSL, and then cut it to a short bob or something. So for once, I would like to see what I look like with long hair. If I didn't have the length goal, I would just let it grow and focus on having good condition hair, which I'm also doing now
    CHL SL APL BSL WL

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Hair texture: my hair stops being wurly after BSL and wavy past waist... So I usually prefer a more "average" lenght but to retain more wave.
    Pixie! - Shingle - Chin-length floofball - Bob...