Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Psoriasis- help for my dad please

Default Re: Psoriasis- help for my dad please

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    That's what we thought as well. The nursing staff never knew it was my grandma who "delivered" her mother's ice-cream, they were very condemning (OMG). But at that age, who the heck has the right to tell you what to eat, if you're otherwise quite healthy for your age.
    Or even if you're not! If I get to 90, I promise I will not even remotely care if eating (or doing) something I enjoy takes a year or two off... and if I'm already sick, I certainly won't care.

(I seem to recall once when my mom was terminally ill, some nurse tried to say she shouldn't do or eat something. I think I actually sarcastically said out loud, "Why, are you afraid it's going to kill her?")

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Or even if you're not! If I get to 90, I promise I will not even remotely care if eating (or doing) something I enjoy takes a year or two off... and if I'm already sick, I certainly won't care.

(I seem to recall once when my mom was terminally ill, some nurse tried to say she shouldn't do or eat something. I think I actually sarcastically said out loud, "Why, are you afraid it's going to kill her?")
    That is why I love my doctor's reasoning. He weighs both ends of the coin. And the doctor said great-grandma could have her ice-cream no worries. But nursing staff can be a big pain in the butt, thinking they know better. Tsssk. Darn it. The experiences with my great-grandma! And my aunts when they were terminal with cancer! OMG.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    That is why I love my doctor's reasoning. He weighs both ends of the coin. And the doctor said great-grandma could have her ice-cream no worries. But nursing staff can be a big pain in the butt, thinking they know better. Tsssk. Darn it. The experiences with my great-grandma! And my aunts when they were terminal with cancer! OMG.
    I mean, I get it. If something happens to someone, they could get in trouble for "allowing" them to do something if the family wants to freak out, so they haven't really a choice. Still, if it were me, I'd have something to say about it.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I mean, I get it. If something happens to someone, they could get in trouble for "allowing" them to do something if the family wants to freak out, so they haven't really a choice. Still, if it were me, I'd have something to say about it.
    Thank goodness family often has the last say; and the doctor! Our family doctor allowed her her ice cream once a week. Staff was something else!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    26/FTL/47
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    Is there some scientific basis behind UV therapy? Because I've been told my entire life to keep my psoriasis away from the sun
    I donít know much about the benefits of UV light and psoriasis, but the warning may be related to the treatment people are already using. My coal tar shampoo bottle warns that increased light sensitivity is a side effect of using the shampoo.

The man who takes joy in the world for any length of time in these present days of struggle must live through much that he loves and much that he hates.

Length
    10/26/40
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

I don't have psoriasis but I do have severe eczema. soap in general isn't good for either of these so its best to stay away from highly fragrant products and harsh soaps.