Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very "sguiggly hair", do I have too much protein?

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Very "sguiggly hair", do I have too much protein?

Quote Originally Posted by pipippappa View Post
    No, I haven't. I dont think they sell any where I'm from. Do you think you could recommend me an affordable one I could find online, if you don't mind?
    V05 clarifying and Suave daily clarifying are a couple of the cheapish drugstore brands available where I live. I usually see them for about half the price in these Amazon listings. . . maybe you can find them in a store near you? Or shop around online more than I did in the last thirty seconds ( ;

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pipippappa View Post
    No, I haven't. I dont think they sell any where I'm from. Do you think you could recommend me an affordable one I could find online, if you don't mind?

My routine is pretty simple. I used to use an egg yolk mixed with water and then condition the ends and i'd also add rapeseed oil a few days after washing but then I stopped using egg yolk and used shampoo for a few weeks and now I might go no-poo and wash with water only except for maybe once a month I'll shampoo. I like to go pretty natural.

And thank you!
    They don't sell them here in my country, either. Some people get Neutrogena for instance off of ebay (but it's not cheap). But basically any harsh shampoo will do the same. Like for instance Pantene volumizing (no silicones, but it does have the harsh sulfates you'll need). Pantene and Herbal Essences (you could do that too) are the harshest on the market.

Once a month should be fine! You can re-set and do what you normally do the rest of the time.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    V05 clarifying and Suave daily clarifying are a couple of the cheapish drugstore brands available where I live. I usually see them for about half the price in these Amazon listings. . . maybe you can find them in a store near you? Or shop around online more than I did in the last thirty seconds ( ;
    Doesn't work for me. I can only get things from ebay in my country (no Amazon in BE). And even Suave is expensive, + shipping to where I live. For that I can get the Neutrogena shampoo!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Doesn't work for me. I can only get things from ebay in my country (no Amazon in BE). And even Suave is expensive, + shipping to where I live. For that I can get the Neutrogena shampoo!
    Huh. . . so cheap and widely available here. Always funny what is and isn't easy to get in different places!