Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Project use-it-up for 2020!

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Default Re: Project use-it-up for 2020!

^I’ve definitely been doing this with the goal of putting a dent in my stash, not buying so many back ups of things, and using up what’s open (then not having so many open things at once).

From a few years ago, I’d say I have about 1/4 of the stash I used to have. My back ups are only of things that have either been discontinued, or that I like enough that I’d be upset if I didn’t have a few extra on hand if they were d/c’d. My dry shampoos are down to 2 (an open Hask Charcoal, plus an extra- the only dry shampoo I like of the couple of dozen I’ve tried). The serums I have are only the open ones (4-5). 2 hair creams, no other leave ins. A few styling products. My goal for 2020 is to have even less, and to spend very little money. So far, so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    I've even prepped a blog post with my current stash and some blank space to update with used up products. I've set it to post on Jan 1st 12:01 AM. At least I have good intentions!!
    That's a really good idea! I did the same with skin care and make-up this year, and it was shocking to me how many products I already owned. Even though it does'nt look like that much. I also calculated the value of all of it combined

I'm in! As with my skin care and make- up, I don't feel like I have a lot of hair related products, but let's see what it looks like when I index it.. I also don't think I go through much shampoo and conditioner in a year, but we shall see!
    ✿✿✿ Last trim: 14/12/2023 ✿✿✿

I'm in, hoping that the next year will be better than the current one. May be dificult even w/o expanding my stash as the amounts of product I use are fairly small.

Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

This year I used 14 conditioning products, 3 shampoos and 2 leave-ins.
    Right now at the beginning of the new challenge I own 9 conditioners/masks, 4 shampoos and 4 leave-ins.
    It looks I should be good with all of this for at least next 6 months or more.

I did my inventory yesterday, and I have 6 shampoos, 7 conditioners, 4 hair masks and 6 leave-ins. I have a decent amount of styling products as well, most of them are either from my pixie cut days or from gift bags after being a hair model. I'll never be able to use them up But the rest, I think I can reduce a fair bit!
    ✿✿✿ Last trim: 14/12/2023 ✿✿✿

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Guys what you have to use up, please don't post "actual" lists of items unless you have actually used the products up (it gets too confusing otherwise). Please keep the 1st post in mind.

But just talking about what you have is... fine!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    thigh/mbl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

First product of the year! It almost feels like cheating though, it was a free sample size and I used it up in two washes (both in 2020 too - on the 1st and tonight on the 4th)

[1] Aveda Shampure Nourishing Shampoo 10 ml
    Last edited by Siv; January 5th, 2020 at 01:55 PM. Reason: grammar
    2008: 24cm/10" 2015: 41cm/16" 2022: 120cm/48" // 2022: 52cm/21"
    instagram

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Joining! I haven't updated my stash list (for the blog) yet, hopefully next week. I'm very close to using up my first conditioner though of course that was started some months ago.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I will have a cheaty start as well because I have one banana Hair Food with like... a quarter of a use left, but it's been sitting at my flat since mid-December when I left home for Yule, and then I went to Norway, and I'll be leaving my products here so they won't get used up yet.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    First product of the year! It almost feels like cheating though, it was a free sample size and I used it up in two washes (both in 2020 too - on the 1st and tonight on the 4th)

[1] 10 ml Aveda Shampure Nourishing Shampoo 10 ml
    Nope, not cheating! Not even this way. If say you have half a bottle left from 2019, and you finish it up 2020, it is a 2020 finished product. It's about what you *finish* in 2020.

This way it is the easiest to fathom and put into practice.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)