Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Think Of This 7 Year Old Girl With The Longest Hair In The World?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    ChinL/WL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default What Do You Think Of This 7 Year Old Girl With The Longest Hair In The World?

Hi all,

What do you all think of this video with this 7 year old with the longest hair at her age in the world?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJSLYpoySkQ

I would love it if my hair was this long now!

Length
    ./CL/FTL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Default Re: What Do You Think Of This 7 Year Old Girl With The Longest Hair In The World?

I'm just glad the comments are turned off.

For real tho that video is giving off strange vibes. Who follows a child around with a camera like that?
    No Trim 2019/20 . Use It Up 2019/20 . Daily wash w/Sulfates(Silicone-free) S+C+Coconut oil . CL 2019-FTL 2020-KNEE 2021?

Length
    ChinL/WL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: What Do You Think Of This 7 Year Old Girl With The Longest Hair In The World?

Quote Originally Posted by The-Young-Maid View Post
    I'm just glad the comments are turned off.

For real tho that video is giving off strange vibes. Who follows a child around with a camera like that?
    It's the mother that is following her with the video camera. Her mother always films her on these videos.

Length
    BSL/TBL/CSL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

It appears to be a family vid, though I'm not sure I would want that kind of YT attention for my child or showing her face. OTOH, I give kudos to her mom or whoever is taking such good care of it. When my daughter was four, she had classic length before I cut it back. She was/is a twirly, whirly curly and I had to rinse/condish/blow out daily. Lots of work and a real commitment!

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

This is just, quite a strange video IMO. Yes it's long, but... why? Maybe the mom is hoping to attract attention from the Guinness book of world records? But, there are other ways of doing this.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Grow, grow, here we grow! Sarahlabyrinth's Avatar
    Length
    12"/Calf/Ankle
    Type
    2b/F/iii

As long as she's happy with it, no problem. It's gorgeous!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    ChinL/WL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    As long as she's happy with it, no problem. It's gorgeous!
    I agree. As long as she's happy with it, no problem. I think it's gorgeous too! 6 years ago I saw twin girls that also looked like the same age is this girl in the video with hair to their ankles as well! But they had their hair plaited up to their ankles. I'm sure once their mo took their hair down it would've reached the floor! I think it's cute or awesome for a child to be able to grow and handle hair that long!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/BSL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

It's pretty to look at but I actually feel kind of bad for her. I had long hair (nowhere near THAT long) as a kid. Everybody thought it was so pretty and nobody wanted me to cut it, but it was in my way when I was out playing. It was always getting in my face, pulling from the tight braids my mom would do, or snagging on things. I just wanted to be out there having fun climbing trees and tumbling around in the grass, not watching out for my hair.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ??/Knee+/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Wow! Beautiful.

In a more recent video it's still very long, but I can't quite work out what she means by the caption https://youtu.be/4dhEakpi4GM

fue muy dificil para mi tomar esta decicion , pero hoy medoy cuenta que fue lo mejor que pude haberles regalado amis hijas ...su livertad para que crescan como culquier ni~a normal ahora ellas son felices y lo mejor viven sin ataduras y yo sin mas dolor de espalda,gracias por mirar mis video, despues ya les comparto el video de cuando corte sus cabellos...asta pronto
    Google translates it to
    It was very difficult for me to make this decision, but today I realize that it was the best thing I could have given you my daughters ... your livertad so that they grow up like any normal girl now they are happy and the best they live without ties and I without more back pain, thanks for watching my video, then I share the video of when you cut your hair ... until soon
    In that video though when she braids both her daughters' hair it's not at all tight, happily And in another one it looks like she's detangling while her daughter's sitting doing whatever she wants to do. Good for them, for the dedication it takes to care for the hair and her daughters seeming quite happy to go along with it. Good call turning the comments off too. The other videos I skimmed through were more recent than the one linked in the OP and to me they have a much less weird vibe!
    Growing back to calf with hopefully some semblance of a hemline.
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    20/29/TBL +
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I just watched the beginning parts of the vids. Beautiful hair! I never had xtra long hair as a child and I believe it's because my mom didn't/doesn't know how to style hair at all. never once had my hair braided - just a pony every now and then.

my daughter has never had a haircut. she is a wurly so when dry is not at mbl yet but wet is at tbl.

my boys are also growing out their hair - one is past shoulders (1a) and one isn't at shoulders yet (2c/3a) but has had it below shoulders when younger (until he asked me to cut it).

I support my kiddos decisions on their hair. that's the same reason I haven't pierced anybody's ears. not my decision to make. and when they are old enough to commit to that decision if they choose, then we will.

with hair - if they ask me to cut it I'll say - think on it and if you feel the same way next week then you pick your new style and I'll gladly do it.

The only thing I'm not keen on them doing is bleaching or dyeing. we have so many wash outs that I don't agree with exposing their scalps to the chemicals but if they just want tips we'll explore that too, sure.
    Fine - II - MBL - Wavy
    dye free since 2017 no trimming until 2022
    You are my people and I love you...