Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Think Of This 7 Year Old Girl With The Longest Hair In The World?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: What Do You Think Of This 7 Year Old Girl With The Longest Hair In The World?

Quote Originally Posted by desisparkles View Post
    I just watched the beginning parts of the vids. Beautiful hair! I never had xtra long hair as a child and I believe it's because my mom didn't/doesn't know how to style hair at all. never once had my hair braided - just a pony every now and then.

my daughter has never had a haircut. she is a wurly so when dry is not at mbl yet but wet is at tbl.

my boys are also growing out their hair - one is past shoulders (1a) and one isn't at shoulders yet (2c/3a) but has had it below shoulders when younger (until he asked me to cut it).

I support my kiddos decisions on their hair. that's the same reason I haven't pierced anybody's ears. not my decision to make. and when they are old enough to commit to that decision if they choose, then we will.

with hair - if they ask me to cut it I'll say - think on it and if you feel the same way next week then you pick your new style and I'll gladly do it.

The only thing I'm not keen on them doing is bleaching or dyeing. we have so many wash outs that I don't agree with exposing their scalps to the chemicals but if they just want tips we'll explore that too, sure.
    My mom had the same kind of attitude towards my hair and I didn't get my ears pierced until age 15, or so.

I started growing my hair out age 5, first grade because I wanted to. My mom let me, but that first year kept going to the hairdressers with me and having it cut. When the penny dropped it wasn't growing, I stomped my foot down (really I did) and told my mom I was never coming to the hairdressers with her again. Then she knew I was very serious and she let me grow my hair. I did not have a "goal". I just wanted "longer" hair, but it grew down to classic and then my mom was sooo so sad that I cut it to a pageboy cut in 5th grade. But again, my decision and my mom just agreed. I love her for that. I love her for a lot of reasons, but this is major in growing up IMO, being able to decide on your appearance.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: What Do You Think Of This 7 Year Old Girl With The Longest Hair In The World?

Beautiful? Sure. Absolutely

Longest in the world? That depends...

Length
    Chin/APL/TBD
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

If she loves it, then I'm happy for her!
    I just hope no adult in her life is making her keep it that long because THEY think it's pretty.
    Having long hair as a kid is harder.
    You want a seven year old to be allowed to run around, go swimming, put on a back-pack without worrying about their hair getting caught in it.
    If they've figured out a way to maintain it all, great! As long as it's her choice, not mom's.

...My vanity’s a mess... desisparkles's Avatar
    Length
    20/45 CL/Thigh
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

lapushka, I bet your mom was so proud of you for having such a strong will about what you wanted at such a young age.
    Super fine and delicate
    Dye & heat free circa 2017
    Senna has turned my silvers to gold - give me all the metals

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Stray_mind View Post
    Beautiful? Sure. Absolutely

Longest in the world? That depends...
    The video claims it's the longest for her age, not The Longest - obviously we still don't know whether that's accurate, but very different from straight out claiming The Longest.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Bob/MBL/WL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

What makes me uncomfortable about this video is that I expect the little girl doesn't have much autonomy over her hair/it being filmed/touched and that film being put on youtube. It looks like someone in her family likes long hair but it might not actually be her. If she was an adult I'd have no problems.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by desisparkles View Post
    lapushka, I bet your mom was so proud of you for having such a strong will about what you wanted at such a young age.
    I think she was surprised most of all that I was so determined. I mean I was 5. Almost 6 by the time my mom was OK with me growing it.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Ear/SL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Yeah, I also feel weird about this video. The person filming (is it her mum?) seems to be very focused on this girl's hair. I don't think the girl has much control over her hair, I think her mum calls the shots. I probably feel this way because my mum was very controlling of my hair when I was young. I had it to waist at its longest (which I didn't want, but she wanted long hair), short hair wasn't an option at the hairdresser and I wasn't allowed to put it up until I was 12 because she was scared I wasn't going to care for it as well as she did. It was always about how pretty my hair was and how I couldn't be trusted with it. Not fun at that age.

Account Closed by Member Request

Well, according to that description her mom says she wants her daughter to be free to be a child and play and be independent and that she is very happy with the decision .
    The title says when "rubi had her hair long"... so I assume that it has been cut short.
    I am in awe of her hair. How gorgeous and she was probably right in saying she was the child with the longest hair the world, at age seven at least.
    My mom always kept my hair boy's short until I went to school. I wish I could have started growing it much earlier than when a teenager but, then again, how would my poor mother deal with hair like this.
    No big deal and I think her mom made the right call.
    Last edited by Ligeia Noire; November 17th, 2019 at 05:30 PM.

Length
    BSL/Thigh/Thigh
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

This is just my perspective, but it seems to me that it's just a thing the mom/dad decided and not the girl. Like it's the mother's fixation and she's super proud of it, I don't know. Maybe the mother wants attention and people to tell her "oh your girl's hair is gorgeous!" But I'm sure the girl likes her hair too. If she cuts it I hope nobody creates drama.
    * BSL* MBL* WL* HL* TLB* Classic* Thigh*!!