Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Think Of This 7 Year Old Girl With The Longest Hair In The World?

Length
    BSL/HL/HL-TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Default Re: What Do You Think Of This 7 Year Old Girl With The Longest Hair In The World?

Quote Originally Posted by earl grey View Post
    Yeah, I also feel weird about this video. The person filming (is it her mum?) seems to be very focused on this girl's hair. I don't think the girl has much control over her hair, I think her mum calls the shots. I probably feel this way because my mum was very controlling of my hair when I was young. I had it to waist at its longest (which I didn't want, but she wanted long hair), short hair wasn't an option at the hairdresser and I wasn't allowed to put it up until I was 12 because she was scared I wasn't going to care for it as well as she did. It was always about how pretty my hair was and how I couldn't be trusted with it. Not fun at that age.
    Same... But in my case it was the opposite. My mother didn't let me have long hair, she hated it. She always pressured me to cut it. I hated not being able to control that, like I was supposed to be my mother's pretty doll and look exactly how she wanted.
    * BSL* MBL* WL* HL* TLB *

Length
    BSL/HL/HL-TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Default Re: What Do You Think Of This 7 Year Old Girl With The Longest Hair In The World?

In another video the mother said that it was difficult for her to make the decision but she wanted her children to be happy and free. She says that she cut their hair and that she has no more backaches. I'm glad that she listened to her daughter and didn't try to control her appearance.
    * BSL* MBL* WL* HL* TLB *

Her YouTube channel looks mostly like a family channel and if you think about the videos as to being shown mostly to family members and friends it doesn't give this weird vibe. Also, the mother is latina, most cultures in latin america have a lot of meaning around long hair, and plenty of people just adores it. It's mostly a cultural thing so it's kind of hard to explain.

There are a ton of videos like this around YouTube in Spanish with girls with hair at waist length and longer and their mothers taking care of it, nothing I ever stuck me as odd. But yeah it's like theirs mother's feel a special pride about their kids hair.

And the video she published early this year basically said it's the last video with her daughters with their long hair and that was going to share another video "soon" about the haircuts. I'm curious how short did they actually cut it.

My opinion is that I don't have one. We don't really know what the kid have to say about her hair, I've seen several kids that love long hair and want to become Rapunzel but we can't know this with just a couple of videos.

Length
    ChL/APL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    The video claims it's the longest for her age, not The Longest - obviously we still don't know whether that's accurate, but very different from straight out claiming The Longest.
    I went for the title of this thread hahaha. But then, even for their age how can someone randomly claim it as the longest in the world?
    Maybe there is someone out there with longer hair who just doesn't feel like showing it to the world. Lol.
    It also depends on her height i think. Unless they mean the length judged by body markers not the actual length of the hair itself.
    Well, nevermind i am just never fond of these claims of x-est anything in the world. There are billions of people there afterall. You never know.

If she doesn't mind to be filmed and showing off her hair, i think it's all good.
    Whatever makes this girl happy.
    Last edited by Stray_mind; November 18th, 2019 at 02:11 AM.

Length
    HL/HL+/~CL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    My mom had the same kind of attitude towards my hair and I didn't get my ears pierced until age 15, or so.
    Same here. I got my ears pierced at 16 and now I've gone years without wearing earrings again, meanwhile my sister wanted hers pierced when she was 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray_mind View Post
    I went for the title of this thread hahaha. But then, even for their age how can someone randomly claim it as the longest in the world?
    Maybe there is someone out there with longer hair who just doesn't feel like showing it to the world. Lol.
    I guess you can claim whatever until someone proves otherwise.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.
    TBL by Yule 2020 | Classic by Yule 2020 | No-trimming 2020 (first half)

Length
    ChinL/WL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I remember getting my ears pierced for the first time when I was a baby, and then again when I was 12 years old. I hardly ever wear any earrings.

Not the longest hair in the world! Video does have a creepy vibe to it.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Same here. I got my ears pierced at 16 and now I've gone years without wearing earrings again, meanwhile my sister wanted hers pierced when she was 6.
    Gosh it's been ages since I last wore my ear studs.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    ChinL/WL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Wendyclaire View Post
    Not the longest hair in the world! Video does have a creepy vibe to it.
    I agree. It isn't the longest hair in the world! Well, if this is your first time seeing the video I can understand it having a creepy vibe to it but if you look at all of the rest of her videos it's not creepy at all. Because, the mother or a family member is the one doing all of the filming with the camera and following of the child. If the mother and the child is happy at showing off her long hair than more power to them. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Length
    24"/24"/36"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I don't think it's creepy, it just looks amateur. Like, a doting mom being like "omg my daughter is so beautiful and so is her hair! Im so proud!!" kind of like those moms who take pics of their babies in like EVERYTHING. I am also sure the mom doesn't actually believe her daughter literally has the longest hair in the world, it's just an exclamation like "I have the cutest baby ever!"

I think it's a cute video, and the rest of the channel gives me the impression its just something they show friends and family and they probably don't think about who else could be watching it.
    waist - tailbone - hip - classic
    Routine: Selsun Blue Salicylic Shampoo, Olaplex No. 4, Ion Absolute Perfection Booster, Pantene Conditioner, Baby oil gel