Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast

Thread: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

So, here we go!

Milady was my gifter, and she put together a super generous box for me Having seen her teaser pic with the starry blue paper, I thought this box was on its way to Lunnafindel or Mwallingford, so I wasn't really watching my mailbox, and I thought the package delivery I missed earlier this week was the Furnival I ordered last week. Instead, here's what came home to me today:

I'm feeling coldy and miserable, so it was the perfect pick-me-up. Here's everything unwrapped:

So many hairtoys, and such care put into the painting, I'm really touched.

Here are the hairtoys. A gorgeous LI stick in one of the acrylics I most wanted to add to my collection (the blue sheen is so captivating), and a topper I don't think I have yet. I love LIs, they are perfectly balanced, smoothed and finished, and this one is no exception. A XS flexi that fits in well with the one I got in the last winter swap (which I'm wearing in my avatar pic). And an amazing fork (I think Furnival?). The grain in the wood is just jaw-dropping, and the topper seems like a combination of wood and purple resin, with a surprising red sheen. It was hard to capture in pictures, especially with my indoor lighting. These are going to need action shots in daylight - I'll see what I can do this weekend.

And here are the non-hair related gifts. A super soft scarf (probably the softest thing I own now). I love grey, it's such a calm, soothing colour, it's a good pick. A hand-painted picture of my dog, which is so special. You really got it right: the eyes are perfect, her little flippy ear is just right, and the detail is pretty amazing! I'm so pleased with it. And some marzipan treats (yum!) and a little Ghibli forest spirit key-ring.

Milady, you're a dear, thank you a million times!
    Mostly active in the Winter Swap of 2019-2020!

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

PS: It is doggy approved.

PPS: nothing got damaged, your packaging was perfect.
    Mostly active in the Winter Swap of 2019-2020!

Length
    20/29/TBL +
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Wow!!!! What a box!!! The snack has me straight up drooling, along with all the other goodies!!
    If I could bottle my hopes in a store bought scent, they'd be nutmeg peach and they'd pay the rent.
    ♪3eb

Length
    0"/WL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

That drawing of your dog looks so perfect! What an amazing box!

Nice Job Milady!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Wow, the entire box is amazing, but the sketch is a treasure

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/55/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    I pretty much had to replace my F5 key after tracking my package
    How many F5s is that now?

That Enterprise is adorable, and the dog is perfect!

I kicked a crud and dodged the rain to finally get a good action shot of my beautiful copper slide

I'm still not sure where to put the lights. Right now I'm at a toss up between over my dresser or over the closet door.

55in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    20/29/TBL +
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

perfection on you, Neko.

Here I am checking this thread for updates like a junkie.
    If I could bottle my hopes in a store bought scent, they'd be nutmeg peach and they'd pay the rent.
    ♪3eb

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Speaking of updates, somebody should be getting a box tomorrow.
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    1c/2a,M,ii. Maintaining at classic for now.

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Desi, I'm so sorry I kept you waiting! My roommate texted me that I had a box while I was out doing Valentine's things, and I was so excited! I came home, and have opened everything, and man did I get spoiled! There are so many toys and treats!

During said Valentine's things I biffed it on the sidewalk and scraped the crap out of my hands, so I'm not going to post the pics tonight, because typing is a little hard, but everyone just know that Desisparkles is an awesome giftor!

Sneak peak: She made me a beautiful paranda, that works so well, and is currently up in my hair. The velvety texture ended up working absolutely perfectly with my hair's texture, and it was a kind of yarn and a thickness that I'd always wanted to try. It's absolutely perfect, and the colors are so beautiful!

Pics coming tomorrow, when my fingers hopefully bend better. But again, thank you thank you thank you!
    "All things strive."
    Waist-length, and (grudgingly) rocking the fairytale ends. Hoping for hip by the end of 2019 with at least a semi-decent hemline. Ultimate goal of TBL...or longer.

Length
    20/29/TBL +
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I’m soo happy you got it! Also so sorry about the biff. I’ve actually never heard that word before.

Thanks for the update and the super kind words. I was fretting like a mad woman, haha. That’s just what I do.
    ♪3eb