Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

Length
    0"/WL/TBL?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Default Re: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    All right; my online orders were shipped directly and have already been delivered. I have the rest of my goodies assembled and ready to ship out tomorrow.

As for the idea of doing a gifting to ourselves, isn't that what we do the rest of the year? I mean - I never put together a box of delights for myself, but here and there throughout the year I buy myself things to please myself.
    I don't know, my money has to be... well managed which usually means forgoing what I want while spending time, effort and expense on others.

Maybe I'm the only one. lol
    We are all blind apes groping different parts of the same bewildered elephant.

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    knee/fgtip/mthgh
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

Sorry for the delay and suspense!! These days were quite hectic, but I managed to download, edit and upload the reveal pics at last : D!

So - Neko, thank you again so much for such an amazing box : D !!! I loved everything and it made my week (otherwise hampered by cold weather, feeling under the blue, multitasking and anxiety bouts, so it came just at the right moment ^^)

So, without further ado, here's the reveal!

First thing I found when opening the box was this AMAZING Doctor Who-themed tote bag Neko made and embroidered with one of our face River Song quotes o_O I can't tell you how much I love it ! Doctor Who is my main fandom, as some of you will already know xD, and River Song is one of my all time fave characters ^^

And of course xD

Everything out of the bag! Sensing an orange/gold and blue palette here : D

7 handmade finishing pins, which I love! I was in dire need of more pins like these, and I love the colour!

I literally squealed when I opened this handmade hairstick - It's Aziraphale's Flaming Sword from Good Omens, and when I said in my About Me that I would love my gifter for ever if she got me sth Good Omens-themed, I was not kidding! I love it and have been wearing it three days in a row now! I actually tweeted it tagging Michael Sheen as well, so that's my actual hype level here xDDD

Action shot with cinnamon bun!

Con't in next post!

Last edited by SwordWomanRiona; Today at 07:40 PM.

Length
    knee/fgtip/mthgh
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Next came this grey paranda paired with this handwoven thin scarf inspired by the one Crowley wears - Another Good Omens reference : D

I don't generally wear much grey because of my Seasonal colouring, but I'm really liking the paranda too : D!

The last two items were this book I'm really excited about (thanks for recommending it and others!) (plus sticker), and some cool chocolate

Everything together!

Thank you again for everything, Neko, you made my week and I love it all !!! The wrapping paper was lovely too, btw!

And some action shots!
    Braided paranda bun with the pins and hairstick -

And also some casual Crowley pics with the necktie from this cosplayer who's actually working on more than one Crowley variation xD

Last edited by SwordWomanRiona; Today at 07:56 PM.

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/55/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Well, knowing your fondness for (hair) weaponry, the flaming sword was the FIRST thing I thought of! It wasn't easy coming by pictures of the hilt, someone is always holding the darned thing.

55in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    knee/fgtip/mthgh
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Dear giftee, I finished the art item this week at last Hope you'll like it Only one crafty item to finish and I'll wrap it all up and send it next week!

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/55/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Oooo, necktie looking good! I wasn't sure how the gray would go in your hair, but since the weaving hadn't used up the whole skein of yarn I figured I may as well make a paranda too. Which Crowley variations are you working on? There are so many to choose from!

55in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*