Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default Re: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

Do you mind terribly receiving it with the packaging in rough condition?

Of course not!!! (Look at the shoe box I''m filling. At least it's new but, you know, NOT pretty). I would be happy to receive a reclaimed box

BSL MBL WL HL BCL TBL Wrist CL FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 39" - 99cm
    My little braid thread

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

Not at all. I'd much rather cardboard boxes get as many uses as possible in their lifespan before they're recycled

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post

Not at all. I'd much rather cardboard boxes get as many uses as possible in their lifespan before they're recycled
    Agree with this!

June 2018: Cut back to CBL, back to growing!

Length
    20/29/TBL +
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I have everything ready to go, I just have to wrap it pretty for you.

I wanted to make you that thing cus you said you liked it but I can't cut the other things out to make room for it.

Shaking my fist at the 5 gift rule right now
    Fine - II - MBL - Wavy
    dye free since 2017 no trimming until 2022
    You are my people and I love you...

Type
    2a/M/iii

Giftee I have my first thing finished! It's probably not the most useful thing in the world, but it's pretty cute (if I do say so myself) and I hope you like it!

Here are my saved-up questions:

How many bows at once are too many?

more than zero

Isn't seven the most powerfully magical number?
    whatever you believe is the most powerful is the most powerful. I'm a strong proponent of placebo magic

How many scented candles for a bath?
    Never too many scented candles for a bath. Alas, I don't have a bath....

What would be the best length for a paranda?
    I don't really wear parandas, so I don't actually know.

How many feet in a mile?
    less than 1...if you're wearing 7-league boots.

What would you do with 186 prophesies?
    Use them when the time is right. (but do you ever really know when the time is right?)

How many tines in a fork?

For food? 4. For hair? 2, maaaybe 3.

Would you like a bar of homemade soap that is lightly scented with bergamot essential oil?
    In principle yes, but it would be over a year before we got to it in the rotation of gifted bar soaps (it is right after christmas, after all...)

Maple syrup, specifically maple candy - yay or nay?
    I'm a Vermonter, so there's really only one answer. The more the better!!

lavender: sure...
    Rose: only really like it in flowers
    Chamomile: no opinion
    Salted Caramel: heck yes!
    Matcha: Absolutely not! Never. I have childhood trauma (related to forced tea ceremonies and sitting still for too long) associated with the taste of matcha
    Jasmine Green tea: slight no
    Sesame seed: sure
    Ginger: yum!
    Turmeric: meh.
    Honey: Love it, but not as much as my sister - she's OBSESSED.
    Strawberry: mmmmm

squished box? cute!

Type
    2a/M/iii

Here's a question: What's one thing that you're looking forward to about the next decade? (in your life or the world at large)

Length
    20/29/TBL +
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I'm looking forward to sooo much this next decade!!

Looking forward to my 40's being better than my 30's and that's pretty hard to top!

Eager to live in the same city as my big sister again, oh the pj parties we shall have!

Looking forward to much longer lengths of hair!!! and lots more sparkles!
    Fine - II - MBL - Wavy
    dye free since 2017 no trimming until 2022
    You are my people and I love you...

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

What's one thing that you're looking forward to about the next decade? (in your life or the world at large)

To approve my exams that will give me a permanent job in the public administration and finally be able to stop studying (I'm already working in the administration, but need to pass the exams to get the 100% permanent job. It is exhausting).

Also, to move to a bigger house with my bf and finally be able to have a cat. I would love love love to adopt Crowley, the feral cat that I've been feeding since summer (she now lets me to pick her up!!), but need to move to another place first. It makes me so sad not to be able to have her yet.

To travel a lot. I wanna come back to Dublin and London, and need to visit Japan. Also wanna dedicate more time to do sport, but with full time job plus studying I'm just able to exercise for 45 min before going to work, waking up at 4:50am on weekdays.

Sooooo. Basically, to approve and stop studying The rest will come with it, hopefully.

Also want my bf to get the credit he deserves... This year was so rough for him (an incredible contract with netflix to adapt one of its comics collapsed because of its former and deeply stupid editor) and he is under a lot of stress. He's incredibly good with me anyway

About the world... I really want people to be aware of the medioambiental problems we have, esp our governments. I'm also afraid of the far right that is rising everywhere in Europe, here in Spain they don't have the power yet but it is so scary.
    Last edited by Milady_DeWinter; January 15th, 2020 at 01:51 AM.

BSL MBL WL HL BCL TBL Wrist CL FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 39" - 99cm
    My little braid thread

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/55/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

What's one thing that you're looking forward to about the next decade? (in your life or the world at large)

Whirled peas.

55in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I can't pick one on this one because everything's kind of rolled up together, but publishing the rest of my books, building our new house on the land we bought and moving in / paying the new house off. When all that happens I will finally, finally get to quit my day job.