Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

Length
    0"/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Default Re: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

Giftee, do you have any specific requirements for jewelry?

No specific requirements but please no cut stones.

And how do you feel about notebooks/journals?

I love them! I can always use something to write and draw on unlined would be awesome but lined would be cool too.
    Last edited by jane_marie; Today at 01:48 AM.
    We are all blind apes groping different parts of the same bewildered elephant.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

Do you have a favorite decade in history? If you could time-travel, when/where would you go?

Ah, the Alexandria library <--- this right here. Otherwise I don't have a favorite decade, and I find most modern fads immensely unappealing

Silver or copper metals. I like big pretty stone pendants, but dislike faceted gems and stones (I much prefer smooth finishes). The lowest holes in my ears are 12g.

Yes to both, but I can be immensely picky about them (though my preferences fall right in line with all my other stated tastes). Paper that works with fountain pens would be a must, though.

------------------------------

Questions for ya'll to answer:

Is there anything I can make that you'd love? Fandom-inspired essential oil blend? Some DIY recipe you're interested in but don't have the stuff on hand to make?

For the thing that's a reflection of me, I thought about including a copy of my book, but I'm not sure if you read fantasy. Would this interest you? (I will not be offended if you say no!)

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Is there anything I can make that you'd love? Fandom-inspired essential oil blend? Some DIY recipe you're interested in but don't have the stuff on hand to make?

A Slytherin scent would be so perfect,esp it would include dragonblood.

For the thing that's a reflection of me, I thought about including a copy of my book, but I'm not sure if you read fantasy. Would this interest you? (I will not be offended if you say no!)

I already purchased the presale ebook of your book (I need to answer you how to download it, since I'm between exams I have not looked into it yet), but would love to have the physical one too

BSL MBL WL HL BCL TBL Wrist CL FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 38'5" - 98cm
    My little braid thread

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

A Slytherin scent would be so perfect,esp it would include dragonblood.

I already purchased the presale ebook (I need to answer you how to download it, since I'm between exams I have not looked into it yet), but would love to have the physical one too

BSL MBL WL HL BCL TBL Wrist CL FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 38'5" - 98cm
    My little braid thread

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Forgot to answer my own questions. I like silver and copper, and enjoy nerdy but under-stated things. Unless it's earrings, then feel free to go nuts, goofy, cheesy, kitchy, love it all.

I love journals. It's dumb, because I can't see well enough to write in them, but I have a bad notebook habit that started in grade school and hasn't stopped. That being said, as much as I'd love them, they just sit on my bookshelves with my other pretties. So they would definitely only be decorative.

A blend for Essik, from Critical Role, or perhaps something from She-ra? Other than that, I've always been intrigued by your non-oil products, herbal conditioners, that sort of thing. You're kind of a genius anything you'd come up with would be amazing I'm certain of it.

I've also already bought an eBook, but would also absolutely take a hard cover. I dithered between which of them to buy for a long time so.
    "All things strive."
    Waist-length, and (grudgingly) rocking the fairytale ends. Hoping for hip by the end of 2019 with at least a semi-decent hemline. Ultimate goal of TBL...or longer.

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I'm feeling discouraged today since I haven't yet bought my giftee anything... I have a great custom item in mind, but the seller won't know until next month whether she can make it. I thought that was okay because I found a backup item of the same general type, but the backup disappeared from Etsy today!

Is there anything that at first glance looks like it would fit in with what you would like, but you actually DON"T like it?
    I'm not really a fan of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy because I think it's kind of dumb. (Gratuitous references to the number 42 are good, though.)

Are you into fandoms and do you collect fandom merch? (Fanart/stickers/figures/keyrings/etc)
    Not really. I use small, inexpensive stickers that I can stick in my planner/bullet journal. I'm not into collectible items that must be stored or displayed.

Do you like Celtic culture/mythology/history?
    I love Celtic music and knots. I don't know much about the mythology or history except where it shows up in the fantasy novels I read. I'd be interested to learn more about the "real" mythology, as opposed to how it's been reinterpreted by modern authors.

Black liquorice and bitter 'sweet stuff', yay or nay? What about hard candy?
    No to licorice. Hard candy is fine if it's an interesting flavor or local to your area, but for general consumption I'm more likely to go with chocolate.

Do you have a favorite decade in history? If you could time-travel, when/where would you go?
    I have some affinity for the Jazz Age because it seems so glamorous and because I love swing music and do swing dance. However, I'd rather time travel to the future to see what it's like. (Except it would be really depressing if I didn't like what I saw but knew it would be inevitable.)

Do you have any specific requirements for jewelry?
    I think my "about me" post covered this pretty well. If this question is for me, you might need to have our swap mistress ask me more specific questions directly.

I like looking at them, but owning them stresses me out. I only use a couple specific kinds for a couple specific purposes.

Maybe an unscented oily leave-in or unscented or lightly scented detangler.

This probably isn't for me since everyone knows I read fantasy. Just in case, the answer is no because I'll probably get the ebook soon. (I have a bunch of Amazon credits that I can spend on Kindle books. Ebook credits make me feel like a kid in a candy store!)
    Last edited by physicschick; Today at 01:25 PM.

Community Guidelines
    ~ Contact a Mod
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." ~ Ghostbusters

Length
    0"/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

My intro talks about some scents that I really adore as well as the ones that I wear on a daily basis. I would adore and Essential oil mixes that highlight the smells I listed. I especially love the smell of a cardamon black tea I have at home.

For the thing that's a reflection of me, I thought about including a copy of my book, but I'm not sure if you read fantasy. Would this interest you?

I like to read and I think it would be pretty cool to receive your book from you as a gift.
    We are all blind apes groping different parts of the same bewildered elephant.

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

You could make me some of that Freya hair goop 'cause I'm out and haven't gotten around to buying more. Fandom-inspired EO blend would be interesting too.

Probably not me if you have to ask if I read fantasy, but just in case it is me, sure!
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    1c/2a,M,ii. Maintaining at classic for now.