Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

Is there anything that at first glance looks like it would fit in with what you would like, but you actually DON'T like it?
    While I love dogs, I don't love all breeds and types. In fact, I disapprove of the direction in which show breeding is going in general - especially when it comes to dogs that are being bred to be more and more disabled, and suffer immensely because of it (think pugs, bulldogs, any flat noses; breeds with domed heads such as cavalier king charles, and dogs with exaggeratedly short legs/long backs/sloped backs). Give me a healthy cross any day! So yeah, no pug prints, ugh. They seem to be everywhere these days.

I'm going to a cosplay convention this weekend, where they have merch and stuff - Are you into fandoms and do you collect fandom merch? (Fanart/stickers/figures/keyrings/etc)
    While there are many books/films I like (see my about me), I never tend to go into hardcore fandom mode. I do appreciate anything Ghibli, but I don't collect merch or anything. I don't own or want any figures/figurines/funko dolls or whatever they're called. I hoard stickers though, and I am looking for a small (5-7 cm max.), flexible/soft keyring. Something that makes it easier for me to grab my keys in my pocket, but isn't fragile, metallic or clunky (I don't want it to wear against my keys or jingle when I walk). I haven't yet found anything that meets my criteria.

Do you like Celtic culture/mythology/history?
    I do, as well as Anglo-Saxon and Scandinavian mythology/art/history in general.

Black liquorice and bitter 'sweet stuff', yay or nay? What about hard candy?
    Leaning towards no on these. There are all sorts of Dutch types of licorice so I have plenty at my fingertips and very rarely like or crave them. Bitter tends not to be my thing. And I much prefer soft caramel or chocolate to hard candy.
    Last edited by Hailwidis; December 10th, 2019 at 11:16 AM. Reason: typos!
    Mostly active in the Winter Swap of 2019-2020!

Length
    0"/WL/TBL?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Default Re: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

I'm going to a cosplay convention this weekend, where they have merch and stuff - Are you into fandoms and do you collect fandom merch? (Fanart/stickers/figures/keyrings/etc)

There are things that I enjoy but not at fandom levels. I don't collect merch but I do really like Jungi Ito and Welcome to Night Vale. I might enjoy a bumper sticker from Welcome to Night Vale or a keyring with Junji Ito's art but please don't go out of your way for them.

I enjoy mythological monsters and witchy types from all cultures.

No thank you. I'm not huge on candy. There are some things I like (dark dark chocolate, a specific type of coconut durian chew, chai tea flavored candies, candied ginger and matcha things) but largely I don't crave candy.
    We are all blind apes groping different parts of the same bewildered elephant.

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I'm a big fandom nerd, and I love stuff related to them! Pins are probably the thing I use most, or plushies, or fanart. I don't specifically collect figures, but if I got one I would not complain. Some of my biggest fandoms are Fruits Basket, She-ra, Critical Role, Steven Universe, Doctor Who, Sherlock, and Good Omens. I am a big 'nicknack' collector, so even if it wasn't in the list of things I use a lot, I'd probably still love it.
    And I hope this is helpful, rather than overly picky, but if you are grabbing pins, if possible I prefer things that can take a bit of a beating. Like I love buttons, but have a hard time using them because they fall off my bags really easily. So something that can stand up to a bit more would be awesome. But again--whatever you might give me, I will be SO excited about!

YES! ALL OF THIS! I'm writing my dissertation on Celtic mythology, and love it all (in spite of that?). I'm all about anything Celtic, whether that be Irish, Welsh, Scottish, Breton, any of it. All in.

Not really my thing. I don't like bitter or sour things really at all. If you have a hard candy you think I'd like, I'll happily try it. But chocolate's much more my thing, or toffee.
    "All things strive."
    Waist-length, and (grudgingly) rocking the fairytale ends. Hoping for hip by the end of 2019 with at least a semi-decent hemline. Ultimate goal of TBL...or longer.

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/55/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Not into collectible merch in terms of dusty knickknacks (unless they are for the garden) but I'd use practical items like bags, and I love arty stickers.

I enjoy mythology and history in general. I've read the Tain and a few classic stories, Deirdre and the Sons of Uisneach pops to mind. I'm fond of Celtic "Christmas" music and the knots are gorgeous.

Yes and yes. I think I prefer sour over bitter but I'm game to taste new flavors.

55in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    20/29/TBL +
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

-I'm going to a cosplay convention this weekend, where they have merch and stuff - Are you into fandoms and do you collect fandom merch? (Fanart/stickers/figures/keyrings/etc)

-Do you like Celtic culture/mythology/history?

-Black liquorice and bitter 'sweet stuff', yay or nay? What about hard candy?

No to all except... I do like candy - too much. ooh you made me remember cinnamon hard candy - yum!!

neko, seriously? well sorry giftee, don't expect any badassery like that from me.
    Fine - II - MBL - Wavy
    dye free since 2017 no trimming until 2022
    You are my people and I love you...

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Are you into fandoms and do you collect fandom merch? (Fanart/stickers/figures/keyrings/etc)

Stickers and keyrings and similar, sure, figures, no. My main fandom these days is Star Trek, and it's a franchise I've loved for over 20 years. NOT the reboot movies though, and I'm not really into the original series except for the cheese value.

I like history in general, I'm not too familiar with Celtic mythology and culture. I do love the knotwork.

No thanks.
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    1c/2a,M,ii. Maintaining at classic for now.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Are you into fandoms and do you collect fandom merch? (Fanart/stickers/figures/keyrings/etc)

Not really so much? For example I love the replica swords in LOTR and the jewelry, but I don't like Funco Pops / pins / keychains / etc. I like things that are lovely even if you don't understand the fandom.

Resounding YES on this one. Any and all of it.

No to black licorice, though I do like other bitter sweet things (like VERY dark chocolate). Not a huge fan of hard candy.

Length
    0"/WL/TBL?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Hello Giftee! I hope you are doing well!

I ordered your second gift today. I'm so excited for you to check it out!
    We are all blind apes groping different parts of the same bewildered elephant.

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Ooh, giftee, today I received something for you! And I must admit I ordered one for myself too, because I just fell in love with it. Thanks for making me discover something awesome!
    Mostly active in the Winter Swap of 2019-2020!

Type
    2a/M/iii

I've been really enjoying everyone's answers so far. Here are mine, all compiled. (As you may be able to tell from my posts here, I'm the kind of person who lets her dishes pile up in the sink so she can do them all at once. I'm not lazy...I'm efficient!)
    What do you think about eastern red cedar?
    Beautiful. I wouldn't think of it myself, but now that you mention it, I certainly like it.

Do you like candles or wax melts? If so, what kinds of scents do you like?
    Theoretically, yes, but the last time I lit a candle in my house my cat investigated it and burned half his whiskers off, so we live in a candle-free zone now

How do you feel about D&D? Play it? Wanna play it? Have a massive dice-collecting problem thatís slowly overtaking your life?
    at least half my friends play it, but I never have - the long-term commitment has always scared me off. I'm a HUGE fan of boardgames generally though - Splendor is my current favorite, and Ticket to Ride, Carcassonne, Sushi Go, and Azul, but if I were to have a boardgame-related item, I think Dixit would be the one - that art is gorgeous, I could put it on my wall!

Is there anything that makes you get all squealy with happiness?
    tiny things, alpacas, kittens (real ones, not so much representations of them), and LITERALLY ANYTHING BLUE (except nuclear waste. that's hard because it's really blue, but it's radioactive...so...I'm very conflicted )

Is there anything that at first glance looks like it would fit in with what you would like, but you actually DON"T like it?
    this is a very good question.
    Here's one: despite being in love with the color blue, I'm not a huge fan of the ocean. Maybe it's how long it takes my hair to dry when I go swimming, or maybe it's just because I'm a contrarian and I don't like the beach just because everyone else does, but if I ever have a choice, I'll choose mountains over ocean.

This is another thing - I feel like I should like fandom stuff, but I've never found anything that really struck my fan-cy so fantasy items, and movie fandom stuff never makes it into my house

Celtic music certainly - my sister is a traditional cello-fiddle player, so that's a large portion of the music I listen to.
    otherwise...it doesn't feel very relevant to me, though I enjoy mythology of all sorts

mmmmm yes!

Here's a question, not necessarily about gifts, but about the theme: Do you have a favorite decade in history? If you could time-travel, when/where would you go?