Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

What do you think about eastern red cedar?
    It's great. That's what my family traditionally uses for our Christmas tree every year. (I like the wood too, since that's what the question probably meant.)

Do you like candles or wax melts? If so, what kinds of scents do you like?
    No.

How do you feel about D&D? Play it? Wanna play it? Have a massive dice-collecting problem thatís slowly overtaking your life?
    Nope. I like most board games and card games, but I don't like RPGs, collectible card games (e.g., Magic the Gathering), or bluffing games. I do like D&D dice, though. Yay Platonic solids! I'm borrowing my husband's D8 so I can randomly select problems to grade from a set of 8 problems.

Is there anything that makes you get all squealy with happiness?
    Kittens! (Also puppies and otters.)

Community Guidelines
    ~ Contact a Mod
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." ~ Ghostbusters

Default Re: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

Catching up on the questions!

What do you think about eastern red cedar?
    Looks nice in pics, I haven't seen it in person.

I like candles, but I have a lot of them I'm currently working through, so please none for right now. I do not use wax melts.

How do you feel about D&D? Play it? Wanna play it? Have a massive dice-collecting problem thatís slowly overtaking your life?
    I can see the appeal, it looks fun, but it does not interest me personally.

Cutesy couple stuff - for example I saw matching phone cases, each with half a heart,
    (so when you lay them next to each other they make up a whole heart) and it just made me go "OMIGOD best thing EVER!!"
    Unfortunately, I could not convince my husband to use them with me, so I didn't buy them, lol.

ALSO I thought of a question:

Is there anything that at first glance looks like it would fit in with what you would like, but you actually DON"T like it?

For example, me, I like most vintage things, and wouldn't mind vintage art or other themed things, in my box -
    But there is this famous vintage ww2 photograph that is used a LOT in vintage themed places in the USA, that I can't stand.
    (I have seen it displayed on several restaurant walls, at holidays and public patriotic displays, as available prints for sale at major retail stores, there are statues of it in several states- it's just everywhere.)

But it really disgusts me, because if you look up the history of the photo, the photographer admits in interviews that it was a forced kiss.
    Basically he saw a sailor going about grabbing several women, and forcing himself on them, because it was his idea of celebrating the end of the war, and managed to photograph one.
    And the woman has done interviews also, that she didn't want to kiss him, that he forcibly held her and he wouldn't let go when she tried.

I just hate that this photo of straight up assault is romanticized so much, you probably know which one I"m talking about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-J_Day_in_Times_Square
    My 2019 Hair journey:
    Valentines day (Feb 14): 30"
    -->
    Currently: 34"

Length
    0"/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Is there anything that at first glance looks like it would fit in with what you would like, but you actually DON"T like it?

huh... this is sort of a hard one. I can think of more things that I like despite them breaking my general rules than the other way around.

I'm really into horror inspired stuff but generally I like them to be creative and interesting. I'm not a fan of.... "Hot Topic Goth" stuff (I don't know what else to call it) or merchandise related to mainstream goth culture type shows.
    Last edited by jane_marie; Today at 09:14 PM.
    We are all blind apes groping different parts of the same bewildered elephant.

Length
    20/26.5/TBL +
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

No. headaches - I am an EO gal.

Still don't know exactly what this is.

when I'm eating something extremely tasty that I didn't have to cook myself - almost every single time.

also, cute little furry things make me squeal.

yeah, dogs. I just don't like them.
    Fine - II - BSL - Wavy
    dye free since 2017 no trimming until 2022
    *Jammin to 3eb in lurker mode*