Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

What do you think about eastern red cedar?
    Gorgeous!

Do you like candles or wax melts? If so, what kinds of scents do you like?
    In theory yes to candles, but in practice it's not in my routine to light them and they end up just collecting dust. Wax melts, I have never used. I only like natural fragrances, nothing strong and artificial. I'm quite picky... I like fresh, clean smells (any kind of citrus, cold, foresty smells, the smell they sometimes market as cotton), some light florals (jasmine). Nothing heavy, heady or overly sweet. Warm, spicy smells are really hit or miss (I like some, others not).

How do you feel about D&D? Play it? Wanna play it? Have a massive dice-collecting problem that’s slowly overtaking your life?
    Never played it, know practically nothing about it. I love board games and I love storytelling so I should love roleplaying, but for some reason have never got into it. I am mildly curious. The dice are pretty.

Is there anything that makes you get all squealy with happiness?
    Good food (share a favourite recipe! I will squeal!), books, Studio Ghibli stuff.
    Nice art.
    Gorgeous fabrics (silky or plush fabrics that feel amazing to the touch are a plus).
    I get the warm fuzzies from dogs, love them.
    I get ridiculously excited about medieval manuscripts.
    Mostly active in the Winter Swap of 2019-2020!

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/55/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

None of the above. Thanks.

How do you feel about D&D? Play it? Wanna play it? Have a massive dice-collecting problem that’s slowly overtaking your life?
    I've never played, but I get the cultural references and appreciate them.

Other people's happiness. Soft squishy things.

55in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post

What were your favorite TV shows from the last decade?

I really don't watch TV, but I loved Hannibal and devoutly watch Critical Role every Thursday!

I ADORE D&D and am so excited that I get to play in a campaign my brother is playing after about 7 years of being the group DM. My upcoming character is a 5e swashbuckler rogue from DarkTow (we're playing in the Critical Role Tal'dorei setting) and I have a Tressym (winged cat) as a familiar.
    Okay your campaign sounds *amazing*!!! I'm like so jealous that is so cool! I really, really hope to get to play in the CR universe someday, if I get back to an actual D&D campaign.

...also posts like this make me want to round up all the LHC Critters and someday do an online Discord watch party or something some Thursday night. (I'm so many episodes ahead of most of my friends that I maybe get a little over excited when I find other people <<).
    "All things strive."
    Waist-length, and (grudgingly) rocking the fairytale ends. Hoping for hip by the end of 2019 with at least a semi-decent hemline. Ultimate goal of TBL...or longer.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Katia_k View Post
    Okay your campaign sounds *amazing*!!! I'm like so jealous that is so cool! I really, really hope to get to play in the CR universe someday, if I get back to an actual D&D campaign.

...also posts like this make me want to round up all the LHC Critters and someday do an online Discord watch party or something some Thursday night. (I'm so many episodes ahead of most of my friends that I maybe get a little over excited when I find other people <<).
    I actually watch CR hosted on one of the Twitch streamers that I mod for, so if you ever want a smaller group to view with we're a bunch of super nice nerds XD

Once i get over the hump of holiday orders I'm going to treat myself by writing out my character's back story-- the short version is she's from the Feywild and was a thief/smuggler getting components for an elvish mage there. She took a liking to the Tressym (winged cat) the mage had in a cage and he said he'd give it to her if she got him a specific book from the Plank King. It took her MONTHS to figure out where this book was and steal it---whatever the text is, it only shows up when the book is held underwater (and it's in a language she can't read, which rules out Common, Elvish, and Umbral). Her time in Darktow is where her swashbuckler flavor / subclass comes in.

She goes back to the elf-mage who is PISSED it took her so long to get this thing and tells her deal's off. She comes back later that night to steal the Tressym and the mage was waiting for her. She backstabs the mage, he tries to kill her, she dodges grabs the cat and runs as this huge magical explosion takes out his entire place. The magical explosion is what gave my character the feat Magical Initiate (I get 2 cantrips and 1 first level spell, which is Find Familiar).

She flees the Feywild, knowing people are going to ask questions and all she's got is a winged cat and a soggy book she can't read (we were each able to start with 1 uncommon magical item, Gloves of Thievery in my case, and 1 trinket. The book is the trinket, and I've left it up to the DM as to what's in it, what it says, and where it might lead. All my character knows is that a fairly powerful mage wanted it, so she starts the adventure trying to find someone who can read it for her.)

I am unreasonably excited to finally be able to play if you can't tell DM's Curse: you never get to play!
    Last edited by Nightshade; December 4th, 2019 at 01:33 PM.

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

No thanks.

I don't have anyone to play with anymore and I miss it. I only have one set of dice though. And a few spare D10s from when we played Vampire.

I'm not really a squealy person. The closest I get is overly elaborate outfits that I could never afford and wouldn't have any occasion to wear even if I could.
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    1c/2a,M,ii. Maintaining at classic for now.

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    I actually watch CR hosted on one of the Twitch streamers that I mod for, so if you ever want a smaller group to view with we're a bunch of super nice nerds XD

Once i get over the hump of holiday orders I'm going to treat myself by writing out my character's back story-- the short version is she's from the Feywild and was a thief/smuggler getting components for an elvish mage there. She took a liking to the Tressym (winged cat) the mage had in a cage and he said he'd give it to her if she got him a specific book from the Plank King. It took her MONTHS to figure out where this book was and steal it---whatever the text is, it only shows up when the book is held underwater (and it's in a language she can't read, which rules out Common, Elvish, and Umbral). Her time in Darktow is where her swashbuckler flavor / subclass comes in.

She goes back to the elf-mage who is PISSED it took her so long to get this thing and tells her deal's off. She comes back later that night to steal the Tressym and the mage was waiting for her. She backstabs the mage, he tries to kill her, she dodges grabs the cat and runs as this huge magical explosion takes out his entire place. The magical explosion is what gave my character the feat Magical Initiate (I get 2 cantrips and 1 first level spell, which is Find Familiar).

She flees the Feywild, knowing people are going to ask questions and all she's got is a winged cat and a soggy book she can't read (we were each able to start with 1 uncommon magical item, Gloves of Thievery in my case, and 1 trinket. The book is the trinket, and I've left it up to the DM as to what's in it, what it says, and where it might lead. All my character knows is that a fairly powerful mage wanted it, so she starts the adventure trying to find someone who can read it for her.)

I am unreasonably excited to finally be able to play if you can't tell DM's Curse: you never get to play!
    Guh this is such an awesome backstory! You've hit so many awesome story aspects with this--it's going to be a blast to play! I'm so excited that you get to step out from behind the screen to do it! I love that you're able to walk into this with such an unknown--I bet your DM will do something crazy cool with that book. And stolen-family is just as good as found-family, and I love it.

I will def PM you about CR watching! I can't always do it--our pathfinder game is on Thursdays. But if you guys are game for a timid nerd to pop in when possible, I'd love to have some nerds to flail with. My roommate thinks I'm insane every time I start yelling or flopping around. xD
    "All things strive."
    Waist-length, and (grudgingly) rocking the fairytale ends. Hoping for hip by the end of 2019 with at least a semi-decent hemline. Ultimate goal of TBL...or longer.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Katia_k View Post
    Guh this is such an awesome backstory! You've hit so many awesome story aspects with this--it's going to be a blast to play! I'm so excited that you get to step out from behind the screen to do it! I love that you're able to walk into this with such an unknown--I bet your DM will do something crazy cool with that book. And stolen-family is just as good as found-family, and I love it.

I will def PM you about CR watching! I can't always do it--our pathfinder game is on Thursdays. But if you guys are game for a timid nerd to pop in when possible, I'd love to have some nerds to flail with. My roommate thinks I'm insane every time I start yelling or flopping around. xD
    I look forward to your PM.

Oh and my character thinks said elven mage is dead.

[ NARRATOR: Since it's up to the DM, the mage is likely not actually dead and will likely crop up at some point in the adventure. ]

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Just a reminder all:
    You can always use me to ask direct questions to your giftee! But please keep it in the email chain we already have, I have 13 of you to keep track of so that makes it much easier for me

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

This Sunday is my mom's birthday so I skipped 1 hour of sleep to paint her fav animal. Looks more like an sketch, but I run out of time this year...

Hope to prepare my giftee's painting with a lil more advance! Hope you like it giftee, I already have a fixed idea for you in mind

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCLTBLWristCLFTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 39" - 99cm
    My little braid thread

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/55/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

That is gorgeous!

Giftee, I went shopping. One of these is for you, two are for my husband.

55in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*