Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

Yes we are all supposed to answer everything! 😊

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/55/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

What do you think about eastern red cedar?
    Very pretty, and cedar smells so nice.

Giftee, one supply ordered and I think I'll be able to use it for matching _______, too. I've settled on three of your items, the fourth I know what kind of thing but haven't settled on the specific, and for the fifth there is a kind of thing I'd love to get for you, but if I wait until they are plentiful I'll be pushing the shipping deadline something dreadful, so I'm still undecided on that.

55in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    20/27.5/TBL +
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Cedar looks nice to me!

I'm one of those people that hates lingering so I pretty much have everything ready for my giftee except one thing on the way. I want to just send it off when it gets here but I'm also debating on waiting until January because of the insane shipping going on right now. I got my neighbors amaxon bubble mailer the other day and that happens every year around this time.
    Thank goodness I've always had my mail returned to me but I don't want to chance it for my giftee.

But I also think it would be really nice to get a gift before the end of the year. I will debate on that one.

I'm also starting to worry that maybe my gifts aren't as thoughtful as some of yours - ugh I hate comparing - but I thought of what I wanted for my girly really quickly just by reading her about me's.
    Fine - II - BSL - Wavy
    dye free since 2017 no trimming until 2022
    You are my people and I love you...

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    Hello giftee!

It's nice. Not in my hair though.

Quote Originally Posted by desisparkles View Post
    But I also think it would be really nice to get a gift before the end of the year. I will debate on that one.
    I'd rather get one later to be honest. January and February are blah so it's nice to get a gift, and in December everything is nuts with giftmas and I'm getting too much stuff already and it gets dark so early that taking reveal photos is even more of a PITA than usual.
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    1c/2a,M,ii. Maintaining at classic for now.

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    knee/fgtip/mthgh
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Dear giftee, sorry for not being active on here lately, life is being a bit stressful right now, and so I haven't been able to start planning your package yet, but soon! I've actually started on the crafty item (aka the drawing-painting), and plan on thoroughly spoiling you in general, so no worries there xD! Brainstorming in progress!

Questions:

Fave movies of the decade:
    -Fandoms: Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange and other MCU movies, The Hobbit movies, the Star Trek movies (especially Beyond and Into Darkness), Brave, Frozen 1 and 2, Maleficent 1, Moana, the newest Star Wars movies, the Hunger Games movies, The Adventures of Tintin,…

-Apart from fandoms, I mostly enjoy historicals, space/sci-fi movies and movies with feminist content. Some I really liked are: Three Billboards in Ebbing, Missouri, The Imitation Game, Interstellar, Gravity, Suffragette, Mustang, Angry Indian Goddesses, Paradise Hills, Portrait of a Lady on Fire, Mary Shelley,…

What kind of music does everyone like?
    Traditional Celtic and Scandinavian, Classical (especially Baroque these days), Medieval music, soundtracks, rock (especially older groups like Pink Floyd or Queen), symphonic metal, minimal music (Wim Mertens is one of my absolute faves), Imagine Dragons,…Not a fan of pop in general, with some exceptions.

Books: Have you read Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, The Rise and Fall of DODO, Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, or To Say Nothing of the Dog?
    Haven’t read any of these (yet?), actually xDD SO many books to read, so little time xD

As to fave genres, anything related to my fandoms (such as Doctor Who books) is always a win, and I also like to read about history, feminism, mythology, science, adventure, fantasy, sci-fi. Not a fan of horror, crime (with exceptions, such as Conan Doyle), and not the biggest fan of poetry in general, unless it’s more in the Ancient/Medieval or feminist lanes. This is my Goodreads , if helpful.

I’m quite particular about what I read, especially seeing as I usually evaluate books through a feminist and representation lens, as well as favouring non-binary approaches and greyscale regarding good/evil and characterization xD So in order to like a book I usually require a minimum in that respect or it completely throws me off, most times, unless I find it to be really well written disregardless :S

Giftee, what do you like to do to pamper or indulge yourself?
    Read, eat sweet stuff, bake, watch series and movies, anything cosplay-related, draw, play music, go to the cinema/eat out, find time to work on a project and blog, a very hot shower, go shopping leisurely, geeky online buys, enjoy time with significant others/close friends, skincare/haircare/painting my nails,…

Also how do you feel about oils, for skin or hair. Like? No?
    For skin, I use jojoba oil daily. For hair, I use it less often; heavy oils don’t work for my hair, but I do use lighter oils such as jojoba or Moroccan oil sporadically in the ends.

Giftee, what animal would you like the most for a painting? Pets included (post pic if so).
    Lionesses, dragonflies, horses, owls, cats

What were your favorite TV shows from the last decade?
    Doctor Who (New Who started in 2005, but yeah xD) and Good Omens are literally my life I also love The Handmaid’s Tale and Sherlock BBC, and like Vikings, Downton Abbey, Big Little Lies, Agent Carter,…

What's the best gift you were given this decade?

My lever harp is one of them Anything cosplay and fandom-related is probably also on the list, especially the cosplay of Missy from Doctor Who and being able to meet Doctor Who cast at 3 conventions so far On a less material plane, discovering Good Omens and Doctor Who was literally life changing, and I have to mention spending time, enjoying hobbies and sharing experiences with the people closest to me as well.

Love the colour and the smell I generally like woodsy smells and any wood colours, but if it’s reddish like this one, it’s a plus.
    Last edited by SwordWomanRiona; December 3rd, 2019 at 06:51 PM.

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Sorry, giftor. A weirdly intense bout of depression/anxiety kind of knocked me on my butt and drove me off the internet for a while, and then it was thanksgiving with my family and that was its own whole thing. So here are the answers to the questions I’ve missed. If you need more detail, have our lovely moderator hit me up.

Animal painting: I love foxes, and a lizard painting would be really fun. My roommate loves chameleons, so they’re a bit of a thing in our house. If you wanted to send a painting that would make two people very happy, that could be it.

TV shows: Community, Dr. Who, She-ra, Fruits Basket (the reboot particularly), Steven Universe, Good Omens, Parks and Rec. (I know some of these aren’t from this decade, sorry).

Best Gift: This is hard… best silly gift I’ve ever gotten was probably a little cloth pouch full of plastic cats, called the bag-o-cats. Best serious gift was my grandmother’s wedding ring, which my parents put my birth stone into when I turned 30. A cryer there for sure.

Books and Music: I was pretty thorough with this one in my about-me, so refer you back to that.

Pampering: A cup of tea, chocolate, and fuzzy socks/blankets, which will immediately get co-opted by the cats. Also new books, though it’s taking me a while to get to new reading lately.

Oils: I covered that in my about-me too.

Red cedar: Like the look, love the smell. All in on this one.

Giftee, I ordered one of your gifts yesterday, and am pretty excited.

Some more questions from me:

Do you like candles or wax melts? If so, what kinds of scents do you like?

(I have a wax melter. I like soft low-key floral or woodsy smells, and herbal scents.)

How do you feel about D&D? Play it? Wanna play it? Have a massive dice-collecting problem that’s slowly overtaking your life?
    (Guess which one I’m enduring… *stares guiltily at dice bag*)

Is there anything that makes you get all squealy with happiness?

(Aside from things I just generally like… I really like tiny things. Like, I love tiny spoons, and tiny cups, and tiny books. They are precious and I make stupid faces when I find them.)
    "All things strive."
    Waist-length, and (grudgingly) rocking the fairytale ends. Hoping for hip by the end of 2019 with at least a semi-decent hemline. Ultimate goal of TBL...or longer.

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Not sure if if would work in my hair but I like it

Yes! Forest or spicy smells. As for floral, I like orange blossom or jasmine the most.

How do you feel about D&D? Play it? Wanna play it? Have a massive dice-collecting problem that’s slowly overtaking your life?
    Table games are not my thing

Rodents and other forest creatures. Rodent paintings, pics or videos. Also preraphaelte paintings - too bad they didn't included rodents in their art. And old My Little Pony from the 80's (I collect them). I also enjoy little rocks with a silky texture to carry them in my pockets, esp if they are beautiful in color or shape (I must have been an otter in my previous life lol)
    Last edited by Milady_DeWinter; December 4th, 2019 at 12:26 AM.

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCLTBLWristCLFTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 38'5" - 98cm
    My little braid thread

Length
    0"/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

I'm in the middle of a major remodel right now an five of us (fiance, myself two cats and a dog) and all of our stuff are sharing the dinning room (which also houses all of out clothes), kitchen and an unfinished basement for the foreseeable future. Unfortunately, I think candles might be a fire hazard at the moment.

I used to play D&D but I don't have the time or a social circle to play with now.

mushrooms, moths, kitten memes,
    We are all blind apes groping different parts of the same bewildered elephant.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Books: Have you read Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, The Rise and Fall of DODO, Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, or To Say Nothing of the Dog?

Of those I have read A Swiftly Tilting Planet

Giftee, what do you like to do to pamper or indulge yourself?

Baths. One of the very few times I can get myself to not be running around doing anything is when I park myself in the tub for a few hours and read.

Also how do you feel about oils, for skin or hair. Like? No?

I like them, but let's be honest, I've no shortage of them

What animal would you like the most for a painting? Pets included (post pic if so)

A luna moth or a Death's Head Moth

What were your favorite TV shows from the last decade?

I really don't watch TV, but I loved Hannibal and devoutly watch Critical Role every Thursday!

What's the best gift you were given this decade?

My husband commissioned a painting of the main character in my books by Nen Chang (one of my favorite artists). She hasn't done it yet, but the gesture was so perfect and sweet it brought me to tears.

I tend not to use red woods in my hair because I prefer the contrast of dark, light, or green woods, but overall it's lovely.

Candles instead of wax melts, but I love woodsy/green smells most.

I ADORE D&D and am so excited that I get to play in a campaign my brother is playing after about 7 years of being the group DM. My upcoming character is a 5e swashbuckler rogue from DarkTow (we're playing in the Critical Role Tal'dorei setting) and I have a Tressym (winged cat) as a familiar.

Winged cats and rare amazing teas.

Length
    0"/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Hello Giftee your first item arrived in the mail yesterday! I am away from home but my SO was kind enough to let me know.

I've also got two of your other items figured out! Woot!
    We are all blind apes groping different parts of the same bewildered elephant.