Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/55/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Sign up deadline Nov 24th -

Books: Have you read Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, The Rise and Fall of DODO, Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, or To Say Nothing of the Dog?

I have not read Jonathan Strange but I think there is a copy of it laying around here somewhere. . .

Giftee, what do you like to do to pamper or indulge yourself?

Quiet time all alone. *bliss*

Also how do you feel about oils, for skin or hair. Like? No?

Hair oils, yep. I currently have plenty of coconut, jojoba, argan, avocado, and mineral. I don't like olive oil on my hair. Smells like salad to me.

What animal would you like the most for a painting? Pets included (post pic if so)

Oh goodness, I don't know. I do collect ceramic quail for my yard.

What were your favorite TV shows from the last decade?

Kim's Convenience, Warehouse 13, Eureka, El Ministerio del Tiempo. KDramas: Boys over Flowers, Secret Garden, Lie to Me, Romance is a Bonus Book. Good Omens was pretty good. Dr Who is always enjoyable. I really don't get into things connected to shows though, but if this helps you think of something new I might enjoy, great!

What's the best gift you were given this decade?

This decade? That is hard. The best gifts ever were the ceramic tea pot and carving knife I received as a teen. Still use those.

55in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/55/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

OMG, I just had the most brilliant idea Giftee, and I think I can actually pull it off!

55in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default Re: Winter swap 19/20 - The end of a decade! - Mail out deadline February 20th

Books: Have you read Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, The Rise and Fall of DODO, Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, or To Say Nothing of the Dog?

Nop, but I've got Jonathan Strange's book in a self waiting for me

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCLTBLWristCLFTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 38'5" - 98cm
    My little braid thread

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Hi guys, a little bit of bad news, one of the sign up emails had landed in my spam inbox and I forgot to check that >.< is there someone who hasn’t started buying for their giftee yet, who would be willing to get a new giftee? If so please email me ASAP! (Don’t write in the thread). I feel terrible, I don’t use the signup email anymore, but it forwards to my daily use email. But of course spam mail doesn’t and I should have logged in to check, but with everything I forgot >.<

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I'm afraid I have got properly started, sorry
    Mostly active in the Winter Swap of 2019-2020!

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

It’s all fixed! Thank you so so much to the kind volunteer

Length
    0"/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Hello giftee!

What do you think about eastern red cedar?
    Last edited by jane_marie; December 3rd, 2019 at 12:53 PM.
    We are all blind apes groping different parts of the same bewildered elephant.

Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

(This is such a stupid question, but everyone's supposed to answer questions, right? I feel like I should know this, but I wanted to double check before barging in on anything. But if we are...)

I personally love Eastern red cedar! What a lovely mix of reds/purples mixed into the grain

ETA: And I'm happy to report that I bought the first item for my giftee Yesterday!
    Last edited by mwallingford; December 3rd, 2019 at 01:01 PM.

Length
    0"/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mwallingford View Post
    (This is such a stupid question, but everyone's supposed to answer questions, right? I feel like I should know this, but I wanted to double check before barging in on anything. But if we are...)
    Yep. Since none of us know who our gifter is we're all supposed to answer... I think.
    Last edited by jane_marie; December 3rd, 2019 at 01:03 PM.
    We are all blind apes groping different parts of the same bewildered elephant.

Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    Yep. Since none of us know who the gifter for them is we're all supposed to answer... I think.
    Whew, I'm glad that's the case! Thanks for the info