1 0.44%
  • Hip length

1 0.44%
  • Tailbone length or longer!

1 0.44%
  • I've never cut my hair before!

0 0%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the SHORTEST you've ever had your hair? (Not counting being a baby ha)

Length
    Chin/APL/TBD
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Default What's the SHORTEST you've ever had your hair? (Not counting being a baby ha)

So I think it's really interesting to think about the range of hair we've all had!
    I've had pixie before myself, and I know I'm not the only one on this thread. I've even seen people talk about having shaved heads!
    And then on the other end of the spectrum, I've known people who have had long hair practically their whole lives who would never go short.
    So I'm curious, what's the shortest everyone's been?
    Sorry if my terminology for the poll isn't 100% on point, I'm still fairly new to all the lingo

Default Re: What's the SHORTEST you've ever had your hair? (Not countine being a baby ha)

My shortest was a pixie back in the 80's....and not by choice

My stylist (DH"s cousin) decided a 'Dorothy Hamel' wedge cut with the shaved nape would look good on me when for years she did a wispy pixie cut on me.

Needless to say she got an earful,was not tipped,and it was almost 2 years before I stepped into a salon again;I grew my hair out to WL and trimmed my own bangs

Default Re: What's the SHORTEST you've ever had your hair? (Not countine being a baby ha)

Pixie, or in the region of pixie, when I was about 10.

It wasn't my choice.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I voted chin length. It was more like shaggy overgrown ear length but not a pixie. It's the only time I've had actually short hair. I was 13 then, so it was 13 years ago, exactly half of my life ago.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Shaved, well, not totally bald, but up to a few mm. If that counts. I was late teens/early twenties then, at university.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    15”/23”/45”
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

I’ve had pixie cuts several times. Each time I have hated it, most of them were not by choice.
    Stretched: NL - SL - CBL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - HL - BCL - TBL - CL

Length
    ?/71/Term
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

I had a bob in second grade.
    Princess Cerise of the Blushing Hues in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by unheardletters View Post
    I’ve had pixie cuts several times. Each time I have hated it, most of them were not by choice.
    Had those too. Earlier in life and later in life (puberty, teens and 20s). Growing those out was terrible, I remember that!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    thigh/mbl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Pixie! I enjoyed the look of it it but not having to style it every morning..
    2008: 24cm/10" 2015: 41cm/16" 2022: 120cm/48" // 2022: 52cm/21"
    instagram

Length
    Chin/APL/TBD
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Ugh, I can't imagine being forced to have my hair a certain way. Hair is such a personal thing. I'm glad I can trust my hairdresser. The idea of someone not listening and just cutting whatever they feel like sounds like a nightmare.