Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lilysilk Quality Query

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: Lilysilk Quality Query

Hello! I usually tie a silk scarf around my pillow because caps either slip out during the night or are too tight to make me sleep comfortably. I think the results are pretty much the same, but its better for me personally.
    I've also seen improvements in my skin when I started to change my pillow scarf every two days
    Pixie! - Shingle - Chin-length floofball - Bob...

Length
    1/15/38
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTangles View Post
    Hello! I usually tie a silk scarf around my pillow because caps either slip out during the night or are too tight to make me sleep comfortably. I think the results are pretty much the same, but its better for me personally.
    I've also seen improvements in my skin when I started to change my pillow scarf every two days
    That's a clever solution to the problem of a cap being uncomfortable for the wearer, I'll definitely try it if I feel similar discomfort. I've resolved to sew my own bonnet so that I can get the best fit for my head. Fingers crossed!!

Thanks for the insight

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ??/Knee+/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LakshmiAura View Post
    Thank you for your thoughts, I will certainly check out Nnembas.

I cosleep with my toddler and so I do quite a lot of turning to and fro to breastfeed and remove tiny feet from my face haha

Your note about the elastic creating friction at the hairline is something I have been pondering with concern since starting to look into sleep bonnets. My hair is fine and my hairline is quite unable to withstand a lot of rubbing without experiencing breakage. May I ask if the elastic was exposed or covered by the material?

I've wondered if sewing my own bonnet and making sure the elastic is covered by the silk would help at all, though I suppose if it's tight enough friction will occur regardless.
    Sorry I completely forgot to reply to this! The elastic was completely enclosed in satin, very well constructed I must say - the problem was that I simply bought a size too small. But like I said, no problems now I've modified it it will be good to see how you get on with making your own, I admire people who have such skills to do things like that!
    Knee by 'Nineteen - hooray! Half-inching onwards to Calf.
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    APL/WL/CL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LakshmiAura View Post
    That's a clever solution to the problem of a cap being uncomfortable for the wearer, I'll definitely try it if I feel similar discomfort. I've resolved to sew my own bonnet so that I can get the best fit for my head. Fingers crossed!!

Thanks for the insight
    If you're good at sewing that's a great idea, you can get a big silk scarf for quite cheap and do it completely custom to your taste