Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How should hair "feel like"?

Length
    APL/TBL/term
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: How should hair "feel like"?

This is a good question! Mine feels like satin and it's really shiny. I dont use any leave in...I do WCC (wash, conditioner twice) I'll either clean with a cowash (or shampoo) and then use biolage conditioner.

If I use protein my hair will feel crunchy..ick.

Length
    3.9/20/30
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Simsy that's exactly my quest now, how to figure out if my hair is still healthy although it doesn't feel the same (heavy) anymore.

ExpectoPatronum That is what I was thinking, maybe the combination just seems to suit my hair type. Though I do have to figure out if my hair is still as moisturized as before, but for now it seem so.
    Don't regret the chop, but now I want to see how long it can get

Length
    ShgLp/CL/term?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Hexana,
    when I joined lhc 2 and a half years ago I had the exact same problem as you have now. I just didn't know how to describe it so I searched trough all the (what's left of) articles of lhc and all over the internet. silly me I thought I have wavy hair 2b/2c when my hair was short as yours (chin/shoulder as I see your photos). then when my hair reached bsl I thought I had 2a wavy hair so still wavy but... wavy? hmm. then my hair got much longer, I learned about weighed down hair tabu and I know now about layers and how they mess the "curl" pattern of hair. so if you have short layered hair you can say you have the texture you experience at the certain length, but my true, realistic way to test one's hair pattern is on terminal length.
    last year when my hair reached waist length no voluminising shampoo or conditioner or any other product could poof my crown. hence my "I don't have volume on the crown because I'm not a queen". I mean what's the fuss on the crown when your short hair looks like a wig? anyway...
    my what's-left-of-layers and taper is 2a. I'm sure my hair was artificially thinned "for volume" because it's feathered on one side and the the opposite side of the same chunk is straight and much much longer. (I watched hair cutting/dressing tutorials a lot to understand this fact). conditioning the lengths means curling my hair. it curls like that bed hair trendy stuff, like I didn't even bothered to comb my hair. now I have straight hair until bsl and poofy hair from bsl to classic. and no, not even oils can weigh my layers down. the only way my hair straightens is braiding it.
    now I am asking myself if I am not a true 1b/1c? but I let it at the almost certain 1c.
    so you see, a haircut can make your 1c hair curl like a 2b. 2 times "curlier" than it is in real life, because from 1c there's also 2a and then comes the 2b.
    Well I don't have [volume on the] crown because I'm not a queen.

Length
    14/40/CL+
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I've often wondered this as well- As others have said, some people like their hair more moisturized and weighed down, others like light and fluffy. The only time when you know something isn't right is when your hair feels unpleasant- Like sticky, dry, straw-like, waxy, etc.

Length
    3.9/20/30
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Hi all, I wanted to come back to you about my latest experience. Last night I used my old conditioner again and noticed how my hair was immediately heavier. This morning when I was getting ready for work I glided through it with my fingers and noticed that my fingers were "slippery" after that. I also noticed that my hair has like a waxy coting on it that apparently transferred to my fingers. My hair is still soft just heavy and I must confess that it doesn't feel as good as when I washed it with the Shea moisture conditioner. It is also a bit of a darker shade. Maybe I didn't notice how big of a difference it was before, because I just thought that it should feel like that. Well now I think I will try sticking to Shea moisture. Thanks for all the replies.
    Don't regret the chop, but now I want to see how long it can get