Thread: Hair accessories for shorter hair?

Length
    15/15.5/22?
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

Default Hair accessories for shorter hair?

So I've seen sooooo many gorgeous hair forks and things listed on here, but my hair isn't near long enough yet to actually use one.
    What are y'alls go-to store for things like headbands and hair clips? If it works in thicker hair that's even better
    I'm trying to find more stuff that's appropriate for an adult but not super boring.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Hair accessories for shorter hair?

I loved claw clips right up until I could wear a bun with a fork, and that was waist/hip (hip to be comfortable). Claw clips are hair friendly and much better than elastics IMO.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    15/15.5/22?
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I loved claw clips right up until I could wear a bun with a fork, and that was waist/hip (hip to be comfortable). Claw clips are hair friendly and much better than elastics IMO.
    I need to get more of these! I just have one, and I think I would've been better off getting a different style.
    I think a lot of the elastics I have are just too small for my hair. I've never had an elastic break on me, but it tends to pull my scalp and hurt, and that cannot be good for it.

☮ Enjoy the journey ♡ Groovy Granny's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/HP~TB/HP~TB
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Growing out from chin length Threddies was a lifesaver for headbands, ties etc, as were claw clips and barettes.
    You can get great deals locally, at Claires, at Amazon, or really pretty/unique/hair safe clips from PinswithPersonality.

As you grow, you can try buns as half ups, then add in the rest of your hair.
    Buy a few hair toys you can wear for the half ups, but grow into as well for center held buns etc

Lilla Rose has lots of styling options for any length hair; feel free to message Tracy for any questions you may have for sizes etc.

Bling it up and enjoy every stage
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; November 10th, 2019 at 02:11 PM.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Laurab View Post
    I need to get more of these! I just have one, and I think I would've been better off getting a different style.
    I think a lot of the elastics I have are just too small for my hair. I've never had an elastic break on me, but it tends to pull my scalp and hurt, and that cannot be good for it.
    No tension is not great for the hair. Avoid that at all costs, you'd be better off wearing it loose rather than pulling it back tightly. I wore my hair down until about APL. There is really no real need to put it up before that stage.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    15/15.5/22?
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    No tension is not great for the hair. Avoid that at all costs, you'd be better off wearing it loose rather than pulling it back tightly. I wore my hair down until about APL. There is really no real need to put it up before that stage.
    Good to know. I'm just starting to read about protective styles and whatnot, it's a whole world of stuff and I'm not sure when to start getting into it. Knowing I've got a few months at least where I can leave it down no worries is relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    Growing out from chin length Threddies was a lifesaver for headbands, ties etc, as were claw clips and barettes.
    You can get great deals locally, at Claires, at Amazon, or really pretty/unique/hair safe clips from PinswithPersonality.

As you grow, you can try buns as half ups, then add in the rest of your hair.
    Buy a few hair toys you can wear for the half ups, but grow into as well for center held buns etc

Lilla Rose has lots of styling options for any length hair; feel free to message Tracy for any questions you may have for sizes etc.

Bling it up and enjoy every stage
    All very helpful! I'm taking notes and will start looking into related Etsy stores

Thanks guys.
    Two of the hair products I bought less than a week ago have already broken (they're sending me replacements, but still) so it's making me think it's worth the money to get some nicer stuff.

Length
    12/APL/30
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

When I buy claw clips I always like to make sure there are no sharp edges on the claw part (where the mold seams are). If it's one you really like but it has sharp edges, you can sand them down or use an x-acto knife to pare them off.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeZ View Post
    When I buy claw clips I always like to make sure there are no sharp edges on the claw part (where the mold seams are). If it's one you really like but it has sharp edges, you can sand them down or use an x-acto knife to pare them off.
    THIS!!
    I've seen so many beautiful claws and clips and such at regular stores, but when you run your fingers over the parts, there are snags, burs, little extra sharp pieces from the injection mold plastic sticking out or whatever...
    Always double check what your putting in your hair!
    My 2019 Hair journey:
    Valentines day (Feb 14): 30"
    -->
    Currently: 34"

Length
    APL/WL/CL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I think the little flexis look lovely on half updo's on shorter hair, also ficcares maybe for holding a small bun?