View Poll Results: Do you experience hair envy?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

46 22.89%
  • Sometimes

89 44.28%
  • Rarely

29 14.43%
  • Never

24 11.94%
  • Mostly just at LHC

18 8.96%
  • Other?

6 2.99%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you experience (long) hair envy?

Length
    Ear/APL/CL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: Do you experience (long) hair envy?

I voted "sometimes", since I define envy as wanting to be like someone else in a particular aspect.
    The component of wanting someone else not to have something because you don't have it is something I never considered part of envy, but rather of jealousy, and I never felt that way.

Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    NEVER

It has always been admiration and inspiration

At almost 68 I am blessed to just be here (alive and on LHC lol) , and have long hair (the longest of my lifetime from age 61)with the support of LHC

Health issues (osteoarthritis & osteoporosis in my spine/joints ) prevent me from attaining super lengths, so it is a joy to see others achieve it

It also helps to learn about the attributes and care of YOUR hair, so that it can behave as it is meant to, and you can enjoy it; avoiding envy and frustration

Enjoy every stage ~ bling it up with hair toys and styles
    You have absolutely gorgeous hair and your post made me smile, and take a step aback to say a quiet "thank you" for my own life and blessings.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Only occasionally about colour, but it's not the kind of envy where I would do something nasty to them or anything like that. I just get this negative thought "Why couldn't I have won the gene lottery instead?!" The negativity is directed towards myself, not the other person. I'm sure it'll get better in time, though.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Only occasionally about colour, but it's not the kind of envy where I would do something nasty to them or anything like that. I just get this negative thought "Why couldn't I have won the gene lottery instead?!" The negativity is directed towards myself, not the other person. I'm sure it'll get better in time, though.
    That's a really good way to put it, and it's also exactly why comparison is generally so destructive. In my experience it does get better with time - or more precisely, with acceptance, which of course takes time
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    28"/35"/clasc
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

All the time! And I mean it in the most positive way. I'm very happy with my own hair and I would never change the color or texture I have, I just love other people's hair a lot. It's not a "wow I hate my hair and wish I could have yours" it's more of a friendly "man that's gorgeous hair she/he is so lucky" .
    .................................................. ............... .......
    ................................ ......................................BSL-MBL-WL-HIP-BCL-TBL-CLASSIC

Length
    3"/APL/WL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/iii

I would say sometimes, but not in a negative way towards others but rather a compare and despair situation. Its mostly regarding wanting more length for me due to shrinkage and not being able to enjoy the actual (stretched) length of my hair. But I can safely say I have come to accept and enjoy my texture - just want more of it in terms of inches lol.
    Stretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL | BSL | MBL | WL
    Unstretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL | | BSL | MBL | WL
    Last Straightening Treatment Feb 2017. Last Chem Dye Aug 2019. Last Henna Feb 2020

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Yes, I experience long hair envy. Because, my girlfriend had bright red hip length almost tailbone length hair back in the 1980s, and I've always wanted hair as long as hers. Or, even longer. Oh, there was also this mystery girl's hair that was ankle length, and I've also always wanted her hair as well! I've always wanted hair as thick and long as hers. It was also a bright red all of the way to her ankles as well.

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I said all the time, but I also agree strongly with what Groovy Granny said.
    A lot of the time if I see someone with impressively long hair I think "wow, wish that were me!" but at the same time, my disability makes it difficult enough to maintain even shoulder length hair!
    I'll be lucky to make it to waist without losing my sanity
    I'm here for the journey, not the destination!

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee93 View Post
    You have absolutely gorgeous hair and your post made me smile, and take a step aback to say a quiet "thank you" for my own life and blessings.
    Sorry.... I am just seeing this now....thank you

Length
    SL/WL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/i

I definitely experience hair envy! Mostly because I want longer hair and I want it now. I also get a bit down on my hair because I am not a huge fan of the thinness and texture. I also just like looking at everyone else's pretty hair