Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Aggressive Ads

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Aggressive Ads

Quote Originally Posted by AmaryllisRed View Post
    I mean, I don't know what a beach waver IS... But I suddenly must have one.
    I am picturing a wacky waving inflatable tube man....onna beach!

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Huh I got "normal" ads again. Sporting goods and food. I got the weirdest and also some inappropriate ones for a long time That's probably because we've turned off "personalized ads" in our browser

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Skincare, clothes, and tires recently, which is fine by me. There was a long run where it was all hair transplant ads. I just want to take care of what I’ve got, not add to it!
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bookworm View Post
    Skincare, clothes, and tires recently, which is fine by me. There was a long run where it was all hair transplant ads. I just want to take care of what I’ve got, not add to it!
    I also got that one and foot stuff for a long time. Ahh and extensions. Doubt that they're even longer than my real hair

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Shouldn't have said something... Those inappropriate ads are back And shady "dating" stuff.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Shouldn't have said something... Those inappropriate ads are back And shady "dating" stuff.
    An excellent opportunity to use the 'report' feature for being inappropriate

Edit: oh, and the extensions bit made me LOL - it's so true, despite their proud boasts of 26 or 30-inch extensions. They chose the wrong site to think that's a persuasive marketing point!
    Last edited by MusicalSpoons; December 7th, 2021 at 02:55 PM.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

On my phone lately it's been all alcohol and TV shows. I don't really watch TV so I don't care, and I already know the alcohol I like and don't need suggestions (and if I wanted some, I'd take them from friends, not ads).

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    For a psyche as unique as your own, I'm sure that's true.

But advertising is a numbers game played over a population and the power of suggestion is well known.
    Probably, but the point is that it's not like I'm cheating them out of sales by declining to view their ads. (Actually, when ads get too annoying, the company is more likely to go on my "don't spend your money here" list...)
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I also ask friends for recommendation on a lot of stuff. And you know what? Chanses are that subconsciously they've been affected by commercials.

When standing in the store to buy something. Odds are that you will chose the "familiar" brand over one that you've never seen before. And why is this brand familiar? Because you've seen in it in commercials on TV or ads on the internet. So while not one person might have clicked on an ad, at least a few have been affected by it, without realizing it. And now they are also recomending this brand to their friends and thus the ad have worked getting customers that haven't even seen it.

This is how ad works.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Today I get an add popping up on the bottom of the screen. Thankfully not every time that I open a page. That would have been really annying! And why are thoose foot band aid ads back!?

Type
    2a/C/iii

I temporarily turned on Javascript to watch a video and seven ads appeared on the LHC page. That many ads make the board impossible to use. I will keep Javascript turned off.
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)