Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Randomest Stuff That Happens To Our Hair (unintentionally)

Default Re: The Randomest Stuff That Happens To Our Hair (unintentionally)

One time I had the window of my car rolled down, and when I parked and went to roll my window up, I accidentally caught some of my hair in it! Luckily I leaned over to get something of the passenger seat and felt it pull, instead of opening the door and ripping it out. That'll teach me to wear half-ups while I'm driving!

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ??/Knee+/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    I was driving one day with the car window down and a bee flew in and got tangled in my hair. Luckily I'm not afraid of bees and figured that she would be able to work her own way out eventually, and that slapping my head and panicking while driving wouldn't be a good idea. She found her own way out!
    Oh that reminds me, I got a bee caught in my hair this summer. I didn't realise until I took my hair down to rebun a while after getting home and going inside. I couldn't believe it got caught in my bun - that's exactly the kind of thing wearing it up is supposed to prevent!!
    Knee by 'Nineteen - hooray! Half-inching onwards to Calf.
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

The Cheery Raggamuffin AutobotsAttack's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/39in/FTL
    Type
    3c/4a/F/iii

Back when I used to comb or brush my hair Iíve had many of them get straight up in my hair. Had to break the handle and bristles/teeth apart to get my hair out. Unknowingly walked through a spider web with the spider smack dab in it, and proceeded to become a full blown ninja trying to fling the spider out. He got out, and i walked away with some serious whiplash. This wasnít really me not knowing it, but I had put myself up to the task of seeing how many pencils I can stick in various parts of my hair. Currently my hair can hold 14 pencils. I also did this years ago when I had an Afro, but with pens.
    ďA Wizard is never late! He arrives precisely when he means to!Ē
    Chin>Neck>SL>BSL>WL>HL>BCL>TBL>Classic>Upper Thigh
    I was the only one who wasnít King Fu Fighting.

☮ Enjoy the journey ♡ Groovy Granny's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/HP~TB/HP~TB
    Type
    2c/F/ii

OMG...what a great thread

Some posts are hilarious but BEES it would be my worst nightmare I'd keel over from a heart attack for sure

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Found a dragonfly in my hair once, it had almost died by the time I noticed and got it out. I wasn't exactly thrilled myself.

Agree with GG, a bee in my hair is probably the last thing I'll see before my soul leaves my body.

Length
    28"/36"/Long
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Hmmm... This is sounding like a list of reasons why people wear head coverings as well as keeping their hair up...
    Somebody give me a magic wand I can wave and make everybody content with his or her own hair! If that same magic wand could also end all hair discriminatory attitudes on the part of society in general... A magic wand would be so grand...

I used to have a snake who loved to weave herself into my hair... it was so cute, I probably have pics somewhere...

The other day I closed my hair in the door behind me because I shut it too quickly, oops!

I keep accidentally hitting DB with my length cause I'll flip it out of the way to get comfortable and he likes to sit in the line of fire. Teehee ^^

Length
    WL/TBL/class
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Simsy View Post
    I used my bun as a pillow one night. The pillow I did have was too thin and squishy to be comfortable, so I balanced myself on my bun and slept rather well under the circumstances. I have also used the bun as a prop in the car to stop my neck from kinking oddly when I’m sleeping against the seatbelt.
    I do a similar thing when I soak in the bathtub. I wash my hair separately in the sink, so when I take a shower/bath I put my hair up in a bun so it's out of the way, and then I can rest my head on the bun against the back of the tub at a comfortable angle while laying in the tub (and this way water doesn't get in my ears)...

Length
    Chin/SL/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Simsy View Post
    I used my bun as a pillow one night. The pillow I did have was too thin and squishy to be comfortable, so I balanced myself on my bun and slept rather well under the circumstances. I have also used the bun as a prop in the car to stop my neck from kinking oddly when Iím sleeping against the seatbelt.
    My hair's only collarbone right now but it's pretty thick, so when I sleep I'd flip my hair upwards so it doesn't get pulled as much, but all the thickness is accumulated on my nape that it feels like I'm using a neck pillow!

My hair sometimes get caught on clothes hangers, yes, even now when it's short. I hang them all over my bedroom so maybe that's why.

Length
    CL/NL/HL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

My hedgehog likes to crawl in between my neck and hair and kinda wrap the hair around him until he's a big tangle... I try to stop him nowadays lol