Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: OrganiGrowHairCo

Length
    12/12/25
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: OrganiGrowHairCo

Hey guys! Its only been about a week and a half (?) since Ive started using these products, but I wanted to post a little mini-update.

https://imgur.com/VXWaU6e
    This is a picture of my hair a week into using the products.
    https://imgur.com/uOzvX9G
    This is a picture of my hair before I started using the products.

While there is a noticeable difference, this might not be because of Organigrowhair. Their products come with a list of directions to follow for healthy hair care, one of which is to only wash your hair once or twice a week. This is less than my hair is used to- but I followed these directions anyway, and I think it could be what has caused such a dramatic difference in my hair. As you can see, my hair is getting pretty greasy in the 1 week photo. Additionally I am using the Scalp Oil every other day (per directed), so by the end of the week oil feels like its pretty much piled up on my hair.

Let me clarify a little more about this. The set I ordered comes with a scalp oil, a pre-poo, a clarifying shampoo, and a conditioner. I am using ONLY these products so that I can get a good idea if they work well. But, the directions say to use the clarifying shampoo only once a week. So, I only wash my hair once a week using the clarifying shampoo. The directions also say to use the pre-poo once or twice a week followed by their shampoo, so I can only use the pre-poo once a week.
    Since this has made my hair pretty oily, I tried to do a CO wash but that didnt really help things much. Lol. I actually notice that even after shampooing and conditioning my hair, it still felt greasy. I think that the oils in the conditioner are too heavy on my hair so Ill have to start using it only on the ends (which is what I would normally do, but it isnt how youre directed to use it).

I tried to fix this problem I was having by using dry shampoo, but then I read about how bad dry shampoo can be on your hair. I also feel like this is getting in the way of correctly reviewing the products so I am doing my very best to stop using it.... but some days I just dont wanna look like a greaseball. So if you guys have any tips on how to prevent oily hair let me know! Id also like to know how to upload images directly into the textbox instead of using Imgur Thanks everyone

Length
    28"/36"/Long
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Macyann, if you tap on your name in blue, at the upper left of any of your posts, you'll get a drop-down menu box, the first option of which is to go to your Profile. Click on that. That takes you to all the controls for how to create your own mini-website here at LHC. (Well, maybe "mini-website" isn't quite accurate terminology, but there are certainly more buttons to push than I've figured out so far.) Anyway, you can create an album in your Profile, & upload photos directly from your computer or phone. Once you upload a photo, the website supplies it with a code that you can copy and paste into the box that appears when you click on the picture with the tree (as opposed to the box that looks like a movie film.)

About your 2 Imgur photos in your most recent post, I think your Oct 25 photo looks a LOT healthier than your Oct. 13! I think greasiness is a minor problem. So I would say that the OrganiGrowHairCo stuff is working for you; you just need to fine-tune the procedure. I mean, I think they've sent you good ingredients, but if your particular head of hair wants to be washed more frequently, or have less oil applied, then you should feel free to do what makes your scalp happy. I mean, you've given it a fair trial by following their instructions to the letter. Now it's time to play around with it & adjust things to make it work for you. You probably want to start with just varying the amounts & frequencies of your use of what they sent you in the box; but after you've satisfied yourself that you've found the optimal way to use OrganiGrowHairCo's stuff, feel free to add in other products, like your favorite previous shampoo, etc. Try mixing in your old favorites that you still have lying around the house.

But I must say, your oiled hair looks VERY healthy! in my opinion.

(And I'm also struggling with not looking too greasy after doing one of my hair masks. My "routine" is also a work-in-progress.)

I wonder what would happen if you contacted the company & asked for their advice? They know their own products, so they might have a good suggestion, like "You really need a bottle of X to balance it all out." So long as their advice isn't too expensive, maybe it might work.
    Last edited by Kalamazoo; October 30th, 2019 at 01:52 AM.
    Somebody give me a magic wand I can wave and make everybody content with his or her own hair! If that same magic wand could also end all hair discriminatory attitudes on the part of society in general... A magic wand would be so grand...

Length
    28"/36"/Long
    Type
    2c/F/ii

P.S. There's also a "Greasy Hair?" thread, which may or may not contain info relevant to you personally. After all, this seems like a side effect of the OrganiGrowHairCo, so I'm not sure if anything on the "Greasy Hair?" thread applies to you or not. https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=144512
    Somebody give me a magic wand I can wave and make everybody content with his or her own hair! If that same magic wand could also end all hair discriminatory attitudes on the part of society in general... A magic wand would be so grand...

Length
    12/12/25
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kalamazoo View Post
    Macyann, if you tap on your name in blue, at the upper left of any of your posts, you'll get a drop-down menu box, the first option of which is to go to your Profile. Click on that. That takes you to all the controls for how to create your own mini-website here at LHC. (Well, maybe "mini-website" isn't quite accurate terminology, but there are certainly more buttons to push than I've figured out so far.) Anyway, you can create an album in your Profile, & upload photos directly from your computer or phone. Once you upload a photo, the website supplies it with a code that you can copy and paste into the box that appears when you click on the picture with the tree (as opposed to the box that looks like a movie film.)

About your 2 Imgur photos in your most recent post, I think your Oct 25 photo looks a LOT healthier than your Oct. 13! I think greasiness is a minor problem. So I would say that the OrganiGrowHairCo stuff is working for you; you just need to fine-tune the procedure. I mean, I think they've sent you good ingredients, but if your particular head of hair wants to be washed more frequently, or have less oil applied, then you should feel free to do what makes your scalp happy. I mean, you've given it a fair trial by following their instructions to the letter. Now it's time to play around with it & adjust things to make it work for you. You probably want to start with just varying the amounts & frequencies of your use of what they sent you in the box; but after you've satisfied yourself that you've found the optimal way to use OrganiGrowHairCo's stuff, feel free to add in other products, like your favorite previous shampoo, etc. Try mixing in your old favorites that you still have lying around the house.

But I must say, your oiled hair looks VERY healthy! in my opinion.

(And I'm also struggling with not looking too greasy after doing one of my hair masks. My "routine" is also a work-in-progress.)

I wonder what would happen if you contacted the company & asked for their advice? They know their own products, so they might have a good suggestion, like "You really need a bottle of X to balance it all out." So long as their advice isn't too expensive, maybe it might work.
    Thanks! I never would have figured that out, lol.

Youre right- I think i will finish this week off as directed, and then start fine-tuning it to my own needs. Id like to try to find a sulfate-free shampoo to use besides the clarifying shampoo because thats another thing they suggested in the directions but like.... If they wanted me to use a sulfate free shampoo, why didnt they send me one??? Whatever though Maybe ill just try using the clarifying wash twice a week, or cut down on the scalp oil. I feel like my hair looks healthier but I dont want to get my hopes up, since its been such a short amount of time!

Ill try to contact the company and ill let everyone know what they say. Funny story- I emailed them asking if biweekly meant twice a week or once every two weeks, because thats what I THOUGHT the directions said for using the clarifying wash. Turns out it ACTUALLY specifically said to use it only once a week (I was reading directions for something else. )They emailed me back though saying "please wash your hair twice a week". So that made me wonder if a.)they even read my email or b.) they dont even know how they directed customers to use their products. I didnt include anything about how greasy my hair was getting, though. I messaged them a separate time on Instagram and they didn't even answer so.... so far im feeling like customer service is not the best.

Length
    20/27.5/TBL +
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

looking really nice!!!

also..you look so much like my lil sis; I did a double take.
    Fine - II - BSL - Wavy
    dye free since 2017 no trimming until 2022
    You are my people and I love you...

Length
    12/12/25
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by desisparkles View Post
    looking really nice!!!

also..you look so much like my lil sis; I did a double take.
    That makes me feel weirdly happy and thank you!

Length
    20/27.5/TBL +
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

lololol
    Fine - II - BSL - Wavy
    dye free since 2017 no trimming until 2022
    You are my people and I love you...

Length
    28"/36"/Long
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Glad to be of help!

Length
    12/12/25
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Hi guys its been almost exactly 1 month since I started using these products so this is my official 1 month update

Before OrganiGrow:

1 Month After OrganiGrow:

Bear with me if those pictures did not upload at all, Ive never attatched pictures that way before. Please excuse poor quality and messy rooms

As far as how I feel about these products thus far Im pretty happy. Ive used so little of what they gave me considering I only use the shampoo/conditioner/hair mask once a week, and I use only a few drops of oil every other day, so I feel satisfied with the price ive paid for the products. The angles in these two pictures are admittedly different but I feel its safe to say my hair has grown a bit in the past month, and definitely feels... different. Like.. bouncier, or stronger? I dont know the correct terminology for the feeling that my hair feels a little less like hay haha. The products arent magic or anything but they have made a noticeable difference.

For those who have been keeping up with my posts on here you know Ive had problems with my hair feeling very oily- youll be happy to know today is the FIRST day (in a month) my hair does not feel oily! Today was wash day and I used conditioner, let that sit for 5 mins, then shampoo twice. I cannot explain how happy I was to actually be able to wear my hair down today as for the past month it has been too oily to do anything except wear in a bun I even put the scalp oil in and it soaked right into my hair... its the conditioner, guys, not made for thin hair at all.

Length
    12/12/25
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

P.S those pictures came out HUGE for me, sorry. Enjoy all the close up and personal details :')