Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: OrganiGrowHairCo

Length
    28"/36"/Long
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: OrganiGrowHairCo

Personally, when it comes to saving $ on hair care products, since I'm not at all opposed to whipping up my own recipe in the kitchen, one of my favorite ways to save money is to read the ingredients on the label. This allows me to leave out any ingredients that I don't think will be good for me (like isopropyl alcohol for example, or preservatives, or anything I know I'm allergic to), while going shopping for any good-sounding ingredients at another, cheaper source. (Example: Mane & Tail contains horsetail. I can get an ounce of that in the herb & spice section of the local grocery store for under $2.)

On the OrganiGrowHairCo website, I notice they're selling rose quartz rollers for $20 + $5 S&H. https://organigrowhairco.com/collect...massage-roller
    I can get the same item on eBay for $7.91 with free shipping. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rose-Quartz...26.m5232.l9681
    Or if I really want to save $, I can buy a jade roller for $3.29 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Facial-Jade...5Vvxpfsytq1nCw

which is kind of weird, because I think of jade as being more valuable than quartz.
    Somebody give me a magic wand I can wave and make everybody content with his or her own hair! If that same magic wand could also end all hair discriminatory attitudes on the part of society in general... A magic wand would be so grand...

Length
    12/12/25
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kalamazoo View Post
    Personally, when it comes to saving $ on hair care products, since I'm not at all opposed to whipping up my own recipe in the kitchen, one of my favorite ways to save money is to read the ingredients on the label. This allows me to leave out any ingredients that I don't think will be good for me (like isopropyl alcohol for example, or preservatives, or anything I know I'm allergic to), while going shopping for any good-sounding ingredients at another, cheaper source. (Example: Mane & Tail contains horsetail. I can get an ounce of that in the herb & spice section of the local grocery store for under $2.)

On the OrganiGrowHairCo website, I notice they're selling rose quartz rollers for $20 + $5 S&H. https://organigrowhairco.com/collect...massage-roller
    I can get the same item on eBay for $7.91 with free shipping. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rose-Quartz...26.m5232.l9681
    Or if I really want to save $, I can buy a jade roller for $3.29 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Facial-Jade...5Vvxpfsytq1nCw

which is kind of weird, because I think of jade as being more valuable than quartz.
    I was totally just thinking about this! The "Stimulating Scalp Beverage" I bought has sunflower, grapeseed, and boabab oil (and essential oils), but its been absorbing into my hair so well that I think when I run out i will just go buy one of these oils.

Length
    28"/36"/Long
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I would like to say, however, that I think you made a wise choice in purchasing this $80 set. Even if you can get the individual ingredients more cheaply elsewhere, if this works for you, then it's proof that the good folks at OrganiGrowHairCo know something about what products are good for your hair, & in what combination, that you didn't know before trying this out. So, if this works for you the way you want it to, you'll have the option of sticking with the tried-and-true, which in that case, would mean purchasing Set #2, OR you can attempt to duplicate & improve the results by monkeying around with your own concoctions based on what you're currently learning by trying out theirs. Or a third option would be to include this as part of your new routine, while incorporating other ideas from elsewhere (or leaving out specific products that don't do the trick for you personally).

So I think this experiment of yours is a win-win all-around. No matter whether the results are good or bad, you're going to know more than before you tried it out, so you'll make more decisions in the future that will be as good or perhaps even better.

I'm very glad you're trying this out & letting us know how it goes! Thank you!
    Somebody give me a magic wand I can wave and make everybody content with his or her own hair! If that same magic wand could also end all hair discriminatory attitudes on the part of society in general... A magic wand would be so grand...

Length
    20/26.5/TBL +
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by kalamazoo View Post
    i would like to say, however, that i think you made a wise choice in purchasing this $80 set. Even if you can get the individual ingredients more cheaply elsewhere, if this works for you, then it's proof that the good folks at organigrowhairco know something about what products are good for your hair, & in what combination, that you didn't know before trying this out. So, if this works for you the way you want it to, you'll have the option of sticking with the tried-and-true, which in that case, would mean purchasing set #2, or you can attempt to duplicate & improve the results by monkeying around with your own concoctions based on what you're currently learning by trying out theirs. Or a third option would be to include this as part of your new routine, while incorporating other ideas from elsewhere (or leaving out specific products that don't do the trick for you personally).

So i think this experiment of yours is a win-win all-around. No matter whether the results are good or bad, you're going to know more than before you tried it out, so you'll make more decisions in the future that will be as good or perhaps even better.

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑ this
    aka Keanu's Lady - Fine - BSL - Wavy and Overly Obsessed
    dye free since 2017 no trimming until 2022
    *Jammin to 3eb*

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by macyann View Post
    Also- of everyone I messaged, 6 people responded saying that they weren't paid to promote and a few explained they only spoke so well of the products because they had a genuinely good experience using them. (no one responded saying that they were paid to promote organigrowhairco)
    Yeah, just FYI, I don't think anyone is going to admit that.

But anyway, if you fare well with them and are willing to shell out the cash; nothing wrong with it.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    28"/36"/Long
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Anyway, $80 is less than a trip to the beauty salon, and you're actually learning something that you can use to take charge of your hair, instead of passively sitting in the chair, letting the beautician do whatever and having no idea what. Knowledge is worth paying for. And you said that the Stimulating Scalp Beverage was absorbing well. That's probably making you feel good, because your two "Before" pictures say plainly that whatever you did last month wasn't working. Your hair needed help, and you found something for less than the price of a salon visit, something that you can continue to do as long as you like. Your monetary savings (over seeing a beautician) will increase with each application. And since you're kind of new around here, you haven't had much time to experiment yet, so if this works and you wind up rescuing your own hair, and relatively quickly, at that? Not bad.
    Last edited by Kalamazoo; October 21st, 2019 at 07:21 AM.

Length
    bsl/CL/ftl
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Price is subjective but 80 dollars isn't That bad. I mean my current deep conditioner from the store is 15 dollars. The brand sells bundles for around the same price.

Kinda gives me Briogeo vibes which is hella expensive and sponsors many online influencers.

Op, what is the scent like in your products?

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I recently saw on Dr Dray's YT channel: a shampoo/conditioner set that is no fragrance should you want it (called function, I think). I think they can also only be ordered online, but it could be a nice alternative if this one has fragrance and you for instance no longer want that, or can't do fragrance in things!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    12/12/25
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRabbit View Post
    Price is subjective but 80 dollars isn't That bad. I mean my current deep conditioner from the store is 15 dollars. The brand sells bundles for around the same price.

Kinda gives me Briogeo vibes which is hella expensive and sponsors many online influencers.

Op, what is the scent like in your products?
    All the products contain a mix of essential oils, for lack of a better word they smell quite nice Mostly floral/citrus smelling, the scalp oil definitally has a lasting scent in my hair but the shampoo, conditioner, and pre-poo pretty much just wash out. In my opinion none of the smells are overwhelming.

Length
    12/12/25
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kalamazoo View Post
    I would like to say, however, that I think you made a wise choice in purchasing this $80 set. Even if you can get the individual ingredients more cheaply elsewhere, if this works for you, then it's proof that the good folks at OrganiGrowHairCo know something about what products are good for your hair, & in what combination, that you didn't know before trying this out. So, if this works for you the way you want it to, you'll have the option of sticking with the tried-and-true, which in that case, would mean purchasing Set #2, OR you can attempt to duplicate & improve the results by monkeying around with your own concoctions based on what you're currently learning by trying out theirs. Or a third option would be to include this as part of your new routine, while incorporating other ideas from elsewhere (or leaving out specific products that don't do the trick for you personally).

So I think this experiment of yours is a win-win all-around. No matter whether the results are good or bad, you're going to know more than before you tried it out, so you'll make more decisions in the future that will be as good or perhaps even better.

Thank you!! Im crossing my fingers that the products work well but yeah, wont beat myself up if they dont.