Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sale and I caved....

Length
    ~20"/55"/55"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Sale and I caved....

Quote Originally Posted by desisparkles View Post
    It washed out so easily for me. Just water did it, I didn't even add shampoo yet.
    Oh, I know everyone who's reviewed on the internet says it washes out fine. I am simply being overcautious. Plus I can't decide what color(s) I want to get.

...My vanity’s a mess... desisparkles's Avatar
    Length
    20/45 CL/Thigh
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Brethil View Post
    Oh, I know everyone who's reviewed on the internet says it washes out fine. I am simply being overcautious. Plus I can't decide what color(s) I want to get.
    I understand completely! If I was lighter I wouldn't want to take a chance of staining. No way.
    Super fine and delicate
    Dye & heat free circa 2017
    Senna has turned my silvers to gold - give me all the metals

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Usually I'm fine waiting for stuff from China and other similarly far away East Asian countries - but it's literally shipping. It left from a port in Guangzhou, so it will be a longer wait over water than most stuff I've bought which tends to have come by plane. Ah well. Thank goodness for basic tracking so I know to expect a longer wait!
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

They arrived! Unfortunately the blue one is unsealed; I don't know whether to ask for a replacement or if the hygiene aspect is not a real issue because it's only going on my hair, not my skin EDIT: I have asked for a replacement. All the other colours were new and unused; the seal had lifted slightly on a couple of them but not enough to have been caused by a human. The silver has dried up slightly because of that but not enough to make it unusable I think. (If I'd paid the higher prices people are charging I would have asked for new ones of those with the lifted seals, but as they were so cheap I don't mind.)

I was going to ask if you need to wear gloves like one of the videos showed, but I might test that out myself and report back - in theory you shouldn't need to if it washes out easily, and we have Swarfega if it's stubborn I have other not important things I should be doing though so I'm not sure I should try it out just yet. Self-control, self-control ...
    Last edited by MusicalSpoons; November 13th, 2019 at 07:19 AM.

Length
    20/45 CL/Thigh
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I used without gloves the first and time and with gloves the second.

only because I couldn't wash the cologne scent off of my hands. I think it lingered much more on my hands than in my hair.

I'm excited to see your pics! I have been saving mine for special occasions but honestly I dunno why. I should just use it the day before wash day to have a little fun with them.
    Super fine and delicate

Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Well, heh, that didn't exactly work - I think the reason it said it's better for curlies is probably because they don't tend to brush or comb their hair? I made the mistake of trying three sections on the ends, and I put the stuff on like this (shows how thin my ends are!) https://photos.app.goo.gl/RimZ7RpDKboVLiHVA and put it up while it was drying https://photos.app.goo.gl/HysDCwfKzpk4GGtQ9 ... so that's *exactly* how it dried, in three stuck sections

I thought oh okay, I'll just separate the hair - well, I eventually managed it with great (forced) patience and much wondering why the heck I decided to try this out when I was so tired already, and most of the colour came off on my hands and the comb It was cool to see my hair a different colour though, even just in tiny parts. So the best colour pic is this https://photos.app.goo.gl/HWE3jFw4FDYDcg4NA and then I rinsed it out because the ends were just so insanely cobwebby (and I don't do Halloween!!) No harm done, only extra tired and a vague lesson learned. I don't know how to do it for more success next time, but I know to certainly NOT do it that way at least.

Smell wasn't an issue - there is a slight synthetic-y whiff on my hands but only if I sniff them up close, and my hair just smells of the conditioner I used after rinsing. It rinsed out perfectly easily with just water.

Length
    20/45 CL/Thigh
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Spoons, I know you hear this all the time but wow, your length is jaw droppingly awesome.

I think it looks super cool the 3 strands all straight like that
    Super fine and delicate

Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Oh, thank you! I don't hear that very often because people outside LHC rarely see it - even I don't (take it down, comb, rebun) unless it's wet, so it's a nice surprise when I occasionally do I would love to find a way to make good use of the colours because they are just so cool, very brightly pigmented and even feel like a reasonably decent quality product. My hair had loads of slip when I was rinsing it out!

Type
    1b/F/i

Due to this thread, I've started using this as a styling product on the short hairs around my face. It actually works pretty well because it stiffens them up (so adds some volume and control) and adds a touch of color to my gray (I've been using the gold and white). I don't use enough to change the color completely, just what you would use as a styling wax.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by lunasea View Post
    Due to this thread, I've started using this as a styling product on the short hairs around my face. It actually works pretty well because it stiffens them up (so adds some volume and control) and adds a touch of color to my gray (I've been using the gold and white). I don't use enough to change the color completely, just what you would use as a styling wax.
    Will you please tell what product and where to get it. I hate my baby hairs
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.