View Poll Results: What type of LHC-er are you?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Veteran: TLHC is your spiritual home and you know it like the back of your hand

15 17.65%
  • Newbie: excited to learn, forming routine and goals, might be your first time growing your hair out

13 15.29%
  • Experimenter: no one knows what you will do next with your hair

6 7.06%
  • In-betweenie: contemplating what you want to do with your hair, no solid goal but maybe one day

8 9.41%
  • Quiet regular: maybe prefers reading, may be offline a lot but always finds their way back

43 50.59%
  • Steady Neddy: you have regular online presence and make steady progress

24 28.24%
  • Pro hair styler: can be found in Hair style of the month section, gives great advice

2 2.35%
  • Inci expert: you know your ingredients and if you don't, you will find out, science based knowledge

16 18.82%
  • Benign neglect mode: no fuss, period.

20 23.53%
  • Other?

4 4.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What type of LHC-er are you?

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default Re: What type of LHC-er are you?

I wrote in my profile that I'm an avid collector of objects of updo construction, and reckon there are a few LHCers that are hoarders of hairtoys like me (that gives them wide-ranging knowledge and experience with all things hairtoy, how/where to acquire them and all the other ins and outs of payments, shipping, etc.). So, thanks to LHC, I have a dragon's hoard of hairstuffs from around the world, and don't mind sharing my experiences and pictures of most of my pretties in and out of action. But when I'm not messing around with that side of the forum, I'd probably say I'm a Veteran of sorts, while being a Quiet Regular lately.

Product hoarder would be another LHCer trait as well, methinks.
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Crystawni View Post
    I wrote in my profile that I'm an avid collector of objects of updo construction, and reckon there are a few LHCers that are hoarders of hairtoys like me (that gives them wide-ranging knowledge and experience with all things hairtoy, how/where to acquire them and all the other ins and outs of payments, shipping, etc.). So, thanks to LHC, I have a dragon's hoard of hairstuffs from around the world, and don't mind sharing my experiences and pictures of most of my pretties in and out of action. But when I'm not messing around with that side of the forum, I'd probably say I'm a Veteran of sorts, while being a Quiet Regular lately.

Product hoarder would be another LHCer trait as well, methinks.
    Definitely, I think I should have replaced Other? with that... I should know, I'm one of the hoarders

No surprise that quiet regulars and Steady Neddies have found this poll

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I voted veteran and quiet regular. I would like to say steady neddy but I do have my periods of not posting. However, I have been on here for 8 years now!
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    thigh/mbl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    When I first came here, I was like that as well. I think plenty of newbies can classify themselves like this, after all, there are just sooo many new things to try.
    I was an experimenter too (actually it started long before I joined LHC, and by the time I joined I wasn't experimenting much anymore) but I think some of us may need to experiment to find what works for our hair
    2008: 24cm/10" 2015: 41cm/16" 2022: 120cm/48" // 2022: 52cm/21"
    instagram

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    I think many of us Benign Neglecters have been through an Experimenter phase or two before settling I wasn't too crazy, but did try more than a few things within my budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    When I first came here, I was like that as well. I think plenty of newbies can classify themselves like this, after all, there are just sooo many new things to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    I was an experimenter too (actually it started long before I joined LHC, and by the time I joined I wasn't experimenting much anymore) but I think some of us may need to experiment to find what works for our hair
    Actually since my first reply and reading your comments, I now realise there is a difference - many of us experimented out of necessity, whereas Experimenters are those who do so because they want to. Even though it likely started out as necessity, they probably enjoy it far more than those of us who stop once finding a good routine
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    14/50/MT
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

Same here! I took about an 8 year break. It's good to be back.

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I have a serious case of Dr Jeckyll/Mr Hyde personality of Benign-Neglecter and Experimenter. Chilling and letting the floofball do is thing, until the moment that I have my bathroom prepared for the apocalypse, bowls of various concoctions all around and a plan in mind.
    And also Inci-expert, that is just my mode of running things. But I tend to be hyper-sensitive to a lot of ingredients, so itīs not an option.
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Length
    22/13/36
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I’m definitely a newbie! I’ve been growing my hair for at least 2 years now from a pixie, but only found LHC a couple of weeks ago. My hairs currently APL give or take, which is the longest it’s ever been due to frying and years of growing and cutting the same inch off after salons telling me you have to cut your hair to grow it. I’m hoping to learn better ways to manage curly hair care and finally reach my length goals.

Length
    ear/class/floor
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

I chose "Quiet regular" and "Benign neglect mode". Though I've only been growing my hair long on purpose for a year or two and I think only signed up here last year, I've been reading here a long time for tips and tricks on henna. And well, I'm lazy! Part of why I started growing my hair out at all was simply because I was fed up of keeping it cut.

Veteran: TLHC is your spiritual home and you know it like the back of your hand....I love LHC and my long hair brothers and sisters as family

Quiet regular: maybe prefers reading, may be offline a lot but always finds their way back ...occasionally offline, depending on life events at times

Steady Neddy: you have regular online presence and make steady progress....as my health and family needs allow me free time
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; September 29th, 2019 at 08:39 PM.