Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Indigo Thread

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

Default Re: Indigo Thread

Wow, what nice looking hair! Ophelia and Tatsu . Color turned out great on both of your heads.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jane99 View Post
    Wow, what nice looking hair! Ophelia and Tatsu . Color turned out great on both of your heads.
    Thank you!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Tatsu it looks so vibrant and shiny after the touch up!

Ophelia I love how it turned out on you!! Very nice.
    ۞
    Lady Tyet, Weaver of the Endless Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cat11 View Post
    Tatsu it looks so vibrant and shiny after the touch up!

Ophelia I love how it turned out on you!! Very nice.
    Thank you!

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

TiffPhares, thank you! I was intimidated by the two-step and would have preferred to do a hendigo instead. But after doing research, I felt pretty sure that hendigo wouldn't give me the hair color coverage I needed.

Jane99 and cat11, thank you!

I shampooed my hair today for the first time after rinsing out the indigo, and the color stayed. So thankful. A lot of indigo color ran out with the rinse after shampoo, and henna color ran out with the rinse after conditioner. However, looking my hair over after it dried, the color looks just the same as the first day, and it's much shinier now. Looks shinier, healthier and fuller in general.

Length
    3.5/3.5/12
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i/ii

This month of December, I went indigo-heavy. Have not done henna at all in maybe 2-3 years, so I decided to re-start now that I am having a less traumatizing time in life.

(Have noticed that I never cared to cut my hair short, except when dealing with awful things stemming during and after a bad marriage, with awful moments with child's health. I was always long-haired before that. I wonder if there is a connection between grief, extended sad situations, or trauma + women who always had long hair, getting their hair chopped off? I think it helps, psychically/psychologically (??) to have short hair, when dealing with awful things, somehow.

As my hair has been cut short , I can do a lot of these henna/indigo treatments, and not use up a packet stilL!

I used indigo with the 2-step method (in which, for the 2nd step, I mixed indigo + cassia),
    then a week or so later, did henna+cassia,
    and a couple of days ago, with henna (not a 2-step).

I like the look of it more than plain henna on me.
    I love red hair, but with my skin (NC43ish) I was feeling a bit like a Troll doll before, when it built up (that time was years ago, and since then have had multiple pixie chops)

I was only doing it to use up the Indigo I have had for a year and been too scared to use but it really is not intimidating on already dark brunette hair.

It makes the henna not too red, and it does not become an ugly black on me either. With the henna and cassia it just looks rich brunette.

I really like Indigo, man.
    It smells bad, to me, like flowers, but in a stomach-turning way,
    but ginger powder mutes the awfulness a bit.

Length
    Chin/BSL/TBL

So, how often does one do this? And do you do a pure henna before indigo every time?

I've grown tired of the henna color, red in my hair. I like black. I did dye my hair a dark brown (looks black) over the henna but id rather not use damaging dye if the indigo can give me the same results. The henna does bleed through the dye a bit when in sunlight. I dont mind it, looks good.
    APL • BSL • WL • HL • TailBoneLength is my goal.

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dee94 View Post
    So, how often does one do this? And do you do a pure henna before indigo every time?

I've grown tired of the henna color, red in my hair. I like black. I did dye my hair a dark brown (looks black) over the henna but id rather not use damaging dye if the indigo can give me the same results. The henna does bleed through the dye a bit when in sunlight. I dont mind it, looks good.
    If you’re doing a two step, yes. Indigo needs henna to stick to. It won’t bind well to the virgin hair of your roots, otherwise.

You can always start with a one-step and see if it gets your hair dark enough.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

My indigo came in today from Henna Sooq. I’m so glad it came back in stock - it is the darkest and stickiest indigo I’ve come across. Looking forward to my next henndigo.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bookworm View Post
    My indigo came in today from Henna Sooq. I’m so glad it came back in stock - it is the darkest and stickiest indigo I’ve come across. Looking forward to my next henndigo.
    That's great!