Thread: Indigo Thread

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Indigo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gothicshollow View Post
    Thank you for this tip!
    I haven't started a blog yet, but I uploaded the pics in my album.

Let's see if it works.

Here's again the post lawsonia (step1) and pre-trimming:

and here after step2 and trimming:
    Just to clarify. I don't use my LHC blog, but my "private blog".

Your hair looks so beautiful and and shiny in the last picture!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    3"/APL/WL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/iii

wow gothicshollow, your hair is stunning!
    Stretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL | BSL | MBL | WL
    Unstretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL | | BSL | MBL | WL
    Last Straightening Treatment Feb 2017. Last Chem Dye Aug 2019. Last Henna Feb 2020

Length
    14/26/26
    Type
    1a/M/i

Thank you TatsuOni and BerrySara!

Today after the run I washed my hair with WO and rinsed with diluted vinegar; it was the first wash after the indigo and surprisingly the water was not blue. The hair is still deep black

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

gothicshollow it came out wonderfully! I'm really impressed that you got the water to rinse clear on the first wash, it took me about a week the first time I henndigo'd!

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

So I indigoed a day ago and then cowashed it out, but the smell is driving me nuts as it is still lingering. I add methi to both my indigo and henna so I can smell both grass and methi, yuck. I'm going to go ahead and shampoo, but if it takes out some of the indigo can I do another indigo-only treatment a week or two from now? Or would I need to start over?
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    So I indigoed a day ago and then cowashed it out, but the smell is driving me nuts as it is still lingering. I add methi to both my indigo and henna so I can smell both grass and methi, yuck. I'm going to go ahead and shampoo, but if it takes out some of the indigo can I do another indigo-only treatment a week or two from now? Or would I need to start over?
    You can use just indigo if you want to I have light roots, so I need to use henna on them, but I only use indigo in the rest of the hair. I usually cover the smell with hair oils

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    You can use just indigo if you want to I have light roots, so I need to use henna on them, but I only use indigo in the rest of the hair. I usually cover the smell with hair oils

Oils are a great way to cover it. Nightblooming always has such lovely mixes. Dabur amla gold is another great one.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bookworm View Post

Oils are a great way to cover it. Nightblooming always has such lovely mixes. Dabur amla gold is another great one.
    I also use NightBlooming

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

I did my henndigo on Wednesday and overall I'm pretty happy with how it came out. The Nupur 9 Herbs Henna is super conditioning on my hair. I can see why C_Bookworm uses this stuff, my hair feels amazing . I let it sit for about 12 hours overnight before applying then left it on for 4 hours before rinsing. Then I applied the Zenia indigo (with salt this time!) and while it didn't turn my hair void black like the HennaSooq indigo but it's still very dark. There's a slight red undertone to it but it's only my second attempt. I'm expecting a few more applications before my hair is hopefully permablack

Lessons learned this time around: Indigo drips are no joke. I made my mixture too thick the first time and went the exact opposite this round. Plus I think I wrapped the plastic around my ears wrong, which left a gap for the indigo to escape and run down the side of my face in a multi-strike attack over 2 hours and induce a small rage fit lol.

Here's my hair from Thursday, one day post henndigo

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

It looks beautiful Nox! I highly recommend laying down and watching a movie to avoid the dripping when you have indigo in your hair