Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Indigo Thread

Length
    SL/BSL/WL
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Indigo Thread

I'm so glad this thread exists, it's been over 6 months since I did an application and I forgot what methods I was using. I'll probably apply on Saturday night/Sunday morning. It's going to be raining on Sunday so that seems like a good day to play video games and avoid dripping everywhere lol. I still plan on putting a deposit only dye on last but I haven't decided what color or brand to use yet. Since they're "staining" dyes a purpleish blue seems like a good place to start since henna gives a warm base. I also might say screw it and put a blue-green on to see what happens. I wanna see if I can get a tint over henndigo

Length
    SL/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Nox_Inber, that sounds intriguing! I'd like to know how that works out. I'm picturing a blue or purple sheen in the sunlight, which I think would look really nice.

I recently did my third henna-indigo two-step. I can't believe how much the health of my hair has improved since I started doing this. Consulting this thread, looks like my first application was 12/6! So, a little over four months. I also reached my first length goal. Now I have to figure out what's next!

Last edited by ophelia; April 25th, 2021 at 12:29 PM.

Length
    Chin/TBL/FTL?
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Congrats! Your hair looks amazing...great color and health!
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/BSL/WL
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

ophelia that's the goal! I bought Joico Color Intensity Indigo which is a blurple since I couldn't decide between the two lol. I loved it on unbleached hair and it never bled. I'll update with pics to document my success or failure.

Your hair looks great! It's a very nice, deep black

Length
    SL/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Thanks so much, C_Bookworm and Nox_Inber!

That would be great, Nox_Inber!
    Last edited by ophelia; April 25th, 2021 at 12:39 PM.

Length
    SL/BSL/WL
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Finally got my henndigo done! The henna went well as usual, I love the Nupur 7 herbs blend and will continue to buy it. The indigo on the other hand...I have mixed feelings. I used Zenia again and the staining power of this particular batch felt lackluster. I should give it another try though because I don't want to exclude user error. My hair is technically black now but it's not deep, pure black. More of a warm, soft black. However, this might give me a better result with the Joico blurple so it could be a good thing Ugh, the mail needs to hurry up I need to dye my hair damnit!
    Last edited by Nox_Inber; April 27th, 2021 at 02:47 PM.
    Lady Kaname, Daywalker of the Chaos Realm in the Order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    Chin/TBL/FTL?
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Henndigo time again! Nupur 9 herbs for the henna followed by some Henna Sooq indigo later today. I’m enjoying the green smell of it all.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights