Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Indigo Thread

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: Indigo Thread

It looks lovely and shiny
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    It is scary following your process ....never having done anything like this personally

Your hair is such a beautiful color..... so shiny.....and your eyes

Happy it turned out as you hoped!
    Quote Originally Posted by desisparkles View Post
    Gorgeous results Tatsu! Also, love the pics of the process. I've never done it so I'm always intrigued.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    TatsuOni, I know I've said it before, but ye gods are your eyes stunning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    That is such a beautiful black!
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bookworm View Post
    It looks lovely and shiny
    Thank so much you everyone!

I usually don't have any problems getting the roots black, it was just the last time that I dyed them, that the indigo for some reason faded Hopefully it will continue to only be that one time

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

My finals thoughts on the Zenia Indigo after my 4th application of it today.
    It's decent for the price, but definitely not the best.

My first experience with indigo was from HennaSooq. Holy bananas that stuff stained everything in sight blue. In comparison, Zenia doesn't stain to nearly that same level. This means it's forgiving to work with since I don't have to fear it giving blue cast to everything for 2 week straight but the result on my hair reflects that. It gets my hair mostly black but there's usually a slightly warm undertone present. I haven't been able to get that same level of super heat death of the universe void black I'm aiming for. Texture is alright, the last bag I used seemed a bit on the gritty side when I washed everything out. Granted, indigo isn't known for being pleasant to work with on its own. Overall, I was never disappointed nor was I ever impressed. None of the bags were close to being expired so that was a non-issue.

It's not a bad buy but I think I'll be looking elsewhere for indigo from here on out. I'm trying to achieve the absolute blackest hair possible and I don't think this will ever get me beyond a darkish, warm black. For people wanting to use indigo but not end up pitch black on accident, this might be a good choice.
    Last edited by Nox_Inber; March 21st, 2020 at 11:16 AM.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I'm curious, what's the effect on indigo on your hair's texture and condition?
    For example, I know henna can make the hair slightly more relaxed, more shiny, and less frizzy.
    Does indigo do the same?
    Neck / SL / APL / BSL / WL+ / HL / BCL / TBL!
    Dye-free since Dec 2018.
    2021 plan: grow & trim - get rid of layers & reach hip-BCL.

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Amenahh View Post
    For example, I know henna can make the hair slightly more relaxed, more shiny, and less frizzy.
    Does indigo do the same?
    When I did henna-indigo mixes, I personally didn't notice any conditioning properties in indigo. Hair Is usually softer and shinier after a pure henna mix.
    But I think It can help remove build up from scalp and hair, like herbal pastes in general.
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Hendigo ruined my hair. Totally.

I have never used straight indigo. But I have used straight henna and I suspect it wasn't that bad on it's own...
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Suortuva View Post
    Hendigo ruined my hair. Totally.

I have never used straight indigo. But I have used straight henna and I suspect it wasn't that bad on it's own...
    Can't say that I am a fan of indigo either. At least with straight up henna if you want to bleach (desperately), you could, but indigo? OMG, that stuff turns green (I hope you realize that, Amenahh). Indigo is very permanent and always needs to be grown out.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Amenahh View Post
    Does indigo do the same?
    Yes to shine. It also leaves hair very soft. I'm someone that prefers to put the absolute minimum of product in my hair, so I appreciate the help indigo gives.

I'm not sure if my wave/slight curls have relaxed because they already were very responsive to things like silicones, how my hair dries, etc. They mostly look the same to me.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Interesting, thanks for the input guys!
    I'm not seriously considering it, I was mainly curious.
    I've done both henna and hendigo before, but I've only done hendigo twice, and to be honest, I didn't remember if it had any effect on the hair (apart from colour, of course).
    Neck / SL / APL / BSL / WL+ / HL / BCL / TBL!
    Dye-free since Dec 2018.
    2021 plan: grow & trim - get rid of layers & reach hip-BCL.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I was going to touch up my roots today. I did henna them and when I was about to mix up the indigo, I discovered that I was almost out of indigo. So I ended up with a liquid made from a bit of indigo, lots of water and xantan gum. I ended up drenching my entire hair with it, because it was so runny. I ended up with brown-red roots. Oh well, I just have to order some indigo and do it again at some point when I feel like it

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights