Thread: WANTED: Ebony Wood Avalon Tusk snap Hair Stick

Length
    39/40/50

Default WANTED: Ebony Wood Avalon Tusk snap Hair Stick

Wanted Ebony Wood Avalon Tusk snap Hair Stick!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10215124553289588&set=gm.1142572412 608436&type=3&eid=ARD8E4iGUbYM_mVB4M-HXfeFcvPtfC05elJGzksL1Df0GehvxmCcNWf92yhs60oKZ2vmK 4NdW1ftxCdv&ifg=1

Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: WANTED: Ebony Wood Avalon Tusk snap Hair Stick

Welcome to LHC! Sorry, but your link doesn't work. I don't think you have enough posts to post pictures. Think you have to have at least 25 and swap board posts don't count. That said, this is gonna be a pricy item IF you can find one. I have one (a custom because I have thin hair) and I paid close to $200 when they were still making them. If anyone is willing to give one up now, they could potentially ask more. There is one last one in their shop (not ebony) that Stacy made before he had medical issues. If it's the right size you may want to grab it if you want a snap tusk. I don't think there will ever be another new one. Also, if you do decide you have to have ebony, I imagine you wouldn't want one that is too big or too small so you might wanna post functional prong length and even weight.
    Last edited by lunasea; September 14th, 2019 at 09:59 AM.
    (We are) star stuff contemplating the stars...Carl Sagan
    In old age; wandering on paths of beauty; lively may I walk...Night Chant of the Navajo.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz

Length
    39/40/50

Lunasea,
    You are correct about the picture and having to wait till I fulfill the 24 posts. I have been looking for this hair still for a while, although I would love to have it in Abony because it would look great with my red hair i might just buy the last one in her shop. Price is not an issue, I happily pay anyone's asking price for it in Abony. I have over 200 ginger snaps that I never use with the jewelry anymore that would work great with this stick. I did however order the 2 prong hair stick from them yesterday!

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

You can post pictures here just fine before reaching 25 posts, but you will have to host them on a photohosting site (set everything to private there though, so be careful). I don't think a FB link is accessible to all of us.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneburnia View Post
    Lunasea,
    You are correct about the picture and having to wait till I fulfill the 24 posts. I have been looking for this hair still for a while, although I would love to have it in Abony because it would look great with my red hair i might just buy the last one in her shop. Price is not an issue, I happily pay anyone's asking price for it in Abony. I have over 200 ginger snaps that I never use with the jewelry anymore that would work great with this stick. I did however order the 2 prong hair stick from them yesterday!
    I hear you about the snaps. I think I have about that many myself- including a bunch of czech glass ones that I got before the Etsy shop that sold them went out of business. I wear them on a pretty regular basis since I have a collection of snap hairtoys and a snap necklace.

Anyway, sorry but there is no way I would give up my ebony tusk (it's been repaired once anyway) because I can wear it with a leather flexi for solid hold. If you would consider another GrahtoeStudio hairtoy, I do have an ebony snap 4 prong fork that I would consider selling. It takes regular snaps not the petite kind. I have very fine, thin hair and it's a bit on the heavy side for me- especially with some of the heavier snaps. It's a bit on the short side because only small toys work in my wimpy hair 4.5 inch total length with a 3.5 fpl. If your hair is thick and long it might be good in a half-up.

<BTW, that's a different kind of snap tusk in the pic to the left. It was a custom too. It's made out of very lightweight joywood. I think it would break in anyone else's hair. My hair has no ninja qualities.
    Last edited by lunasea; September 14th, 2019 at 11:36 AM.
    In old age; wandering on paths of beauty; lively may I walk...Night Chant of the Navajo.

Type
    1b/F/i

Oh, and because pictures are better than descriptions. Not the best pic because you can't see the true prong length due to the shadows...it's really sunny out. I can try for a better pic if you are interested: