Thread: Removing henna?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Removing henna?

Quote Originally Posted by Belgrade Beauty View Post
    Hey guys, I have the same problem. Although I used something called black henna. Not really sure if its henna,but I did it in September 2019 and now I have purple red when on light. I hate it. I always do oil treatments and I notices it washed out a lot of it, but haven't tried any of the given products. I would like to have dark brown to black shade which is my natural hair color. Not to be boring , I have a really bad history with dye and hair fall, so dyes are out of option. Any advice? I really can't stress enough how ridiculous it looks when I'm outside.
    Do you remember the name of the product? Henna shouldn't be black, that makes me think that it might have indigo or even some fairly nasty chemicals in it.

I'm pretty unknowledgeable about henna but I bet knowing what product it is would help others help you.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Belgrade Beauty View Post
    FYI its henna,indigo and some chemicals ...The baggie it came in has some indian lady with a dot on her forehead.
    If it's "henna, indigo, and some chemicals" it is NOT henna, it's a 'henna compound' which is pretty much a chemical dye mixed in with henna powder for posterity's sake. Proceed with extreme caution when removing it and strand test everything first.

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Agreed, I would be extremely cautious about anything referred to as "black henna." One of my best grad school chums is a professional henna artist and has told me absolute horror stories about the scarring and burns people often get from using "black" henna powders. My understanding is that it's generally more dangerous to use for body art than for hair, but if the stuff you used had PPD in it (which "black henna" typically does) it may leave you with a sensitivity/propensity for allergic reactions that you didn't have before. Trying to cover it with another chemical dye could be a recipe for a very bad reaction.