Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you like about your current hair length?

Default What do you like about your current hair length?

Hey there!

I think it's safe to say the most of us are here because we are growing our hair. And I feel I'm not the only one who wants their hair grow faster and already have their hair goal achieved, right?

Because our hair probably doesn't grow any faster - no matter how much we want it to - what if we celebrate our current hair length? What do you like/love about your hair right this current length?

I can go first:

My hair is APL at the moment.

-I'm thinking about dye my hair and I love that my hair is easier to dye when it's not over APL. It's also cheaper when you don't need as much hair color (in this case henna and cassia)

-My hair dries faster than a long hair

-It's long enough to make French and Dutch braids and I can make a bun - double bun are also cute!

-It doesn't take a long time to braid it since it isn't so long yet

-It doesn't get in the way as much it would if it were longer so it's pretty low maintain in a certain way

-It's very easy and fast to brush since it doesn't tangle that much (the longer it gets, the easier it will tangle)

I came up with these things from the top of my head. How about you?

Length
    SL/MBL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: What do you like about your current hair length?

Mine also probably dries faster at this length and requires less product. I can't claim to love this length (APL too) but I guess it's nice that my ends are pretty fresh and don't have much issues with tangling. My hair doesn't get caught in places the way it does when it's long.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Well I have reached my goal, so... there's that. I like this length because it's a comfortable length for me. It is long enough to do the updos I like and not too long to get in the way, still not too long that I can enjoy the LOC/LCO method and be able to scrunch.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    TBL/waist/term
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm at around waist length, and I'd also say it feels like a comfortable length on me. Long enough for the styles I like, but not so long that it looks like "too much" hair for my small frame.
    "Even if the sky is falling down, I know that we'll be safe and sound" ~ Lady Mithrellas of the Cobalt Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

The shorter my hair is the more apparent the wave is so I enjoy that right now at clavicle length. As it gets longer the wave gets stretched out and less obvious.

Length
    17,5/24,6/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I'm growing and I'm APL+ at the moment. What I like:
    - it's longest my hair has ever been as adult
    - so it sometimes feels almost long, I can feel it in my back and it's exciting
    - I can do quite a lot of different styles, braids and buns (joys of thin hair...)
    - I can use hair toys! I really, really enjoy that part with sticks and forks etc
    ETA: And the curls, it's getting more and more 'curly'!
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

My buns are of decent size. If it were shorter my buns would be so tiny!
    current bun size
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.

Length
    pixie/MTL/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by bparnell75 View Post
    My buns are of decent size. If it were shorter my buns would be so tiny!
    current bun size
    Echo chamber here. Finally, finally, finally my buns are visible even at a distance since about classic.

Length
    ChinL/WL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Right now my hair is WL. I'm enjoying it at that length. It's long enough to do the styles I like. It's just at the right length that doesn't get in the way of things. I can also dye my hair, and not having to need too much dye for it to come out right.

Length
    ~WL/BCL/TBL+
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgaris View Post
    Hey there!

I think it's safe to say the most of us are here because we are growing our hair. And I feel I'm not the only one who wants their hair grow faster and already have their hair goal achieved, right?

Because our hair probably doesn't grow any faster - no matter how much we want it to - what if we celebrate our current hair length? What do you like/love about your hair right this current length?
    Well at the moment I have a love/hate thing going on with my hair but it's nearing the end of summer so I'm likely just itching for a bit of change. My hair is TBL actually long enough to sit on now so it's pretty much always up. I love that I can make some rather impressive buns and quite quickly too. I hate that I have a bit of new growth so misbehaved hairs that don't like to lay down. I love that returning to blowdrying on low heat is working nicely for me. I hate that a couple of times I've eyed up the flat iron but that's just not going to happen for now. I think what I really love about my hair is it is teaching me patience as well as letting go of perfection. Sounds silly but it works for me.
    SL-->APL-->BSL-->MBL-->WL-->HL-->BCL-->TBL-->CL--->
    ~~~~~
    I henna!