Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 162

Thread: What do you like about your current hair length?

  1. #151
    Member Alexandrina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    570

    Default Re: What do you like about your current hair length?

    Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    I've been getting into the slicked back, low bun style recently and it's sooo easy to do with really long hair!
    OMG buns are SO much easier to do the longer your hair gets, I agree.
    Hair journey:
    February 2019: 30"
    February 2020: 35"

  2. #152
    Born Zippy Fethenwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,372
    Length
    9/waist/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

    Default Re: What do you like about your current hair length?

    I have hoovered around BSL and waist for quite a while now. And came to the conclusion that I like my hair the most at BSL. I am actually not that much of a bun person (other than to sleep in), and not into eloborate braid hairdos, because often my bangs make these do's a bit difficult.

    Ok, IF my face would look good with long straight hair, hair pulled back without bangs. Then I could actually sport much longer hair.
    Just had to realize that my face shape can't really pull off crazy long hair, I never wear it down when it gets too long

  3. #153
    Member Feral_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    The North UK
    Posts
    688
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: What do you like about your current hair length?

    Fethenwen I think maybe you are being a bit hard on yourself.. from the pic of your hair on the rye flour thread it looked quite lovely.

    I suit a fringe as I scowl too much and have those Ď11í lines between my quite thick eyebrows

  4. #154
    Member Jools69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    UK
    Age
    50
    Posts
    168
    Length
    22/29/43
    Type
    2a/F/ii

    Default Re: What do you like about your current hair length?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fethenwen View Post
    I have hoovered around BSL and waist for quite a while now. And came to the conclusion that I like my hair the most at BSL. I am actually not that much of a bun person (other than to sleep in), and not into eloborate braid hairdos, because often my bangs make these do's a bit difficult.

    Ok, IF my face would look good with long straight hair, hair pulled back without bangs. Then I could actually sport much longer hair.
    Just had to realize that my face shape can't really pull off crazy long hair, I never wear it down when it gets too long
    PMFeral_
    Re: What do you like about your current hair length?

    Fethenwen I think maybe you are being a bit hard on yourself.. from the pic of your hair on the rye flour thread it looked quite lovely.

    I suit a fringe as I scowl too much and have those Ď11í lines between my quite thick eyebrows
    I agree with Feral. I think itís easy for us to be hypercritical of ourselves. What Iíve learnt is what we see about ourselves, people donít tend to see it in the same way. I have a long rectangular face shape and a high, broad forehead with a soft M-shape hairline. When I look back at pictures of myself from years ago when I thought I looked ugly with long hair with a fringe, I actually looked ok.

  5. #155
    Born Zippy Fethenwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,372
    Length
    9/waist/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

    Default Re: What do you like about your current hair length?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jools69 View Post
    I agree with Feral. I think itís easy for us to be hypercritical of ourselves. What Iíve learnt is what we see about ourselves, people donít tend to see it in the same way. I have a long rectangular face shape and a high, broad forehead with a soft M-shape hairline. When I look back at pictures of myself from years ago when I thought I looked ugly with long hair with a fringe, I actually looked ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    Fethenwen I think maybe you are being a bit hard on yourself.. from the pic of your hair on the rye flour thread it looked quite lovely.

    I suit a fringe as I scowl too much and have those Ď11í lines between my quite thick eyebrows
    Thanks, yeah I guess I can be a bit hypercritical about my looks. I have a long face as well.

    Well, yesterday I did get a new cut, and this was more drastic. She gave me what I asked for, which was "shag layers", I am super happy about how it turned out! It looks really nice on wavy hair, as this haircut is meant to be a bit wild.

    I should post a picture as soon as I get to taking one.

    Perhaps I will grow it long and uniform one day again, but as for now I felt I needed some change.

  6. #156
    Member Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Ass-crack of Hell
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,856
    Length
    12/17.5/55
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: What do you like about your current hair length?

    It's nice that it covers the bottom of my neck and keeps it warm during Winter, my hairs been short for so long Ive forgotten how it feels

  7. #157
    shapenote singer embee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    at a singing!
    Posts
    13,581
    Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

    Default Re: What do you like about your current hair length?

    What do I like about this length (terminal, just about classic)? Oooh.. It's not too long for me to take care of, and it's long enough to go into several bun styles that are easy to do and rather secure. I've never been so comfy with my hair before, and I've lived A Long Time (over 70 years).

    (What do I feel sad about? It's no longer thick enough to make a good braid for coronet updo. BooPout.)
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

  8. #158
    Member Dark40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,333
    Length
    ChinL/WL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

    Default Re: What do you like about your current hair length?

    I've just now learned that my ponytail is getting longer!

  9. #159
    Member Dark40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,333
    Length
    ChinL/WL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

    Default Re: What do you like about your current hair length?

    Quote Originally Posted by embee View Post
    What do I like about this length (terminal, just about classic)? Oooh.. It's not too long for me to take care of, and it's long enough to go into several bun styles that are easy to do and rather secure. I've never been so comfy with my hair before, and I've lived A Long Time (over 70 years).

    (What do I feel sad about? It's no longer thick enough to make a good braid for coronet updo. BooPout.)
    Oh yeah, I bet you can do a lot at that length! That's what I love about classic length or longer hair. There are so many buns and styles you can wear it. Wow, you have lived A Long Time (over 70 years). Congratulations! Ahhh yeah, I bet it is sad that it's no longer thick enough to make a good braid for coronet updo. That's the only thing that saddens me about us aging. I'm beginning to age at 48 going on 49 in a month or so. But I've noticed that even though I'm beginning to age my hair is still thick for some really nice hair styles. My mother is 74, and her hair is at BSL still very thick! Before my grandmother passed away she also had thick BSL hair too! But when she got into her early 100s my aunt stopped taking good care of her hair, and it broke off. Or, shortened up to SL.

  10. #160
    shapenote singer embee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    at a singing!
    Posts
    13,581
    Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

    Default Re: What do you like about your current hair length?

    That's cool about your family having thicker hair. Mine has never been thick, just barely average. So thinning has been quite a sad thing. But It's still good to have long hair - after all, thin and long is better than thin and short!
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •