Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question about blog posts

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Default A question about blog posts

There are several members who post a small intro for each post. That tiny bit is all that you can see on the blog feed but when you click on the title you can read more of the entry.

I'd like to know how that is done so that I can stop littering the blog feed with ugly walls of text.

Can anyone help me out?

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: A question about blog posts

It utilizes a glitch in the way the forum interprets HTML code the symbols < and > are used to indicate HTML code, so if you just use the first < the software doesn't quite know what to do with it and in certain views hides everything that comes after it until there is a closing > and then text after the closing > will be displayed.

HOWEVER!

Using HTML in the blogs is a permissions thing. It requires 1000 posts and one year of membership. https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...ad.php?t=68519

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    It utilizes a glitch in the way the forum interprets HTML code the symbols < and > are used to indicate HTML code, so if you just use the first < the software doesn't quite know what to do with it and in certain views hides everything that comes after it until there is a closing > and then text after the closing > will be displayed.

HOWEVER!

Using HTML in the blogs is a permissions thing. It requires 1000 posts and one year of membership. https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...ad.php?t=68519

Oh, okay cool! Thanks for the info! I'll save it for a year from now.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I have been here so long, and never even knew that was a thing.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post

HOWEVER!

I asked this so long ago and just realized I can finally take advantage of it! Thank you so much for explaining how to use it!

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I was going to ask this very question, but I found this thread with the answer. I wondered how can I post a blog with just a headline displayed on the main blog page, so if one wants to read it, they have to click on it. But is it true, I cannot use it (the < character) if Iīm not a member of at least 1 year yet? I only posted one blog entry so far, and I would like to post a second, but it is very picture heavy and I donīt want to spam the entire blog section and obliterate other memberīs post with my entry.

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

You can certainly type the < character in your blog post, but I doubt it'll do anything. However, please make your blog post anyway! Nobody will mind your pictures. We like pictures.

Community Guidelines
    ~ Contact a Mod
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." ~ Ghostbusters

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Thank you for the answer! Iīm not so sure if others will appreciate a looong page of pictures but maybe I will find the courage? If there isnīt any other way just yet.

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/CBL/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I think you could put the pictures in the comments if you don't want them all showing in the post.
    But yeah. We like pictures.
    Hair is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    My not-usually-hair-related blog is at www.thecoffeelessmom.wordpress.com

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I discovered I can post only 10 pictures in one entry, which isnīt way too much. That way I can split my 20 pictures that I wanted to post into two entries, and it fits nicely