Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obsession with my hair

Default Obsession with my hair

Hello. As far I can remember I've been obsessed with hair. My mother loves long hair so she never cut my hair when I was a child. I had gorgeous chestnut bum lenght hair .When I became in my 20s I hated my long hair that much and wanted a change I cut it chin lenght. I felt free and strong ...this mistake changed my life .

years when by and I always cut it. Then I discovered hairdye and experiment it with colors. Brown to black and in the end platinum. Which was a big mistake. My hair fall in clumps in the bathroom.

I felt miserable, when I go out to the mall I saw girls with beautiful long hair and I just want to go home lock myself up and didnt want to see anyone. Honest when I look back I regret every inch I cut of my hair. Every box dye I've used. I cry when I see my old pics with long hair.. what was I thinking back then.

Sometimes I wonder how long my hair would be if I never touched it or if I would be happier in life. It eats me... I feel almost depressed also I try alot lately . I wanted to get this off my chest and share it with you. I'm very proud of all of you that your hair is so long. I'm motivated to start fresh and begin a new life with in the end long locks. Thank you for reading.

Default Re: Obsession with my hair

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I think you need to try to let those regrets go. You tried out shorter hair, and different colours, and now you know they are not what you want. That strengthens your resolve to grow your hair long and healthy, and you won’t go back to short or dyed hair because you have got that out of your system.

Be positive! It takes a long time to grow long hair, and you mustn’t let yourself be miserable in the meantime. Celebrate the small milestones

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Hello & welcome to the forum. You are among like-minded people here (at least about long hair LOL) and that should help you with your journey.

What's your hair like now? So we now what we're starting off from.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Welcome to the forum We are all a little obsessed with hair here, most of us. Read plenty here, keep on browsing and before you know it you will have long hair Happy growing to you!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Wow, you've had quite the journey. But just think about it like, now you dont have any "what ifs" left and as stated above your resolve for growing will be rock solid this time around. A lot of us have to go a couple rounds of growing, and that is ok. Long hair is definitely a journey and you have checked off a lot of distractions. As we like to say "got it out of your system"
    As for your hair now, just try to enjoy it. When I was at shorter lengths after my chop to chin it was comforting to think that my hair will never again be as short. Having said that, I do understand the obsession and how hard it is to break. I think it's just time. Over time you will realize that you ARE getting there. You WILL reach your goals. And now that you know how bad you want it the only thing in the way is time.
    I recommend you try to spoil yourself a bit, just to lift your mood. I also understand feeling depressed oh so well, but treating yourself and self care will help. Buy yourself a barrett or a deep treatment and pamper youself.

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Hi, welcome to LHC I had tail bone length hair when I was younger then I progressively cut it shorter and shorter until I was barely shoulder. Then came the color experiments. I lost a lot of length from some of those. Then once I decided to grow it long and got to BSL, it all broke off from hormone imbalance anyways lol! It was all a great learning experience though, sometimes that loss is what inspires us to really commit to long lengths Something I've learned is to not compare your hair to other people's, or even what you used to have! Sometimes I see thick hair and a great hemline and I remember how mine used to be that way. But after some time and patience I'm already making progress, you will too You will get your length back again and it'll probably be healthier than ever

Welcome to LHC

What's done is done...I could have said the same things for what I have done to my hair over my 67 years

You still have plenty of time to grow to the lengths you dream of (I started again at age 61).... so start NOW!
    Pamper your hair and enjoy every stage of your journey going forward

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    chin/MBL/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

We were pretty much in the same place emotionally when I started growing my hair. The only difference is that I never had long hair; my mom cut it short my whole childhood and I did a ton of experimenting with dyes and cuts over the years. The urge to grow my hair out was there occasionally, but I never truly committed until about last year. And when I did I felt so much regret about every time I gave up on the decision in the past, always coming back to the thought of well my hair could've been this long if i had started sooner. And seeing girls younger than me with long, beautiful hair stung too because I never had that at their age.

But hey, we can't have regrets anymore now that we're committed! I honestly have gotten over that feeling this summer, my hair is almost WL and longer than it ever has been. You'll get back to where you came from and then some, try out some new looks with your short hair or simply put it up, get busy, and try to forget about it. You'll feel better soon!

Thank you all for your advice. I need to try forget the past dont look back anymore . As for now I want my love and attention only for my hair to grow and grow... my mother said to me yesterday it's time to have a boyfriend and get marry someday near soon.. she said if u only pay attention to your hair , u will end up alone with grey witch hair because by the time it's long no man wants you . Just wear extensions or a wig and stop crying. I'm 27 btw

Its hurt me , I'm badly hurts by her words. I dont wanna be fake anymore. I tried expensive lace wig, I tried fake ponytail ariana grande ... but this not me. I dont feel comfortable with all this fake

In my situation now, its like move on and get married or be loyal to my hair , oiling it, deep condioner, massages scalp. Hairmask and so on. I'm sorry if I sound black and white. Its feels like I cant be happy with anyone. My hair is the most important for me.....

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I'm sorry your mom hurt your feelings. It stings the worst when it's our close family who makes the snarky remarks. I hope you know thta any man or person who only wants to be with some one because of their hair isnt someone you want to waste your time on anyways. They should want to be with you for you, bald or long hair, regardless. I hope you are feeling better soon, I know how sharp those words sting. Hugs.