Thread: How to moisture after indigo

Default How to moisture after indigo

Just finished my indigo session and was wondering how do you keep your hair moisturized in the meantime? Because i have very curly hair i usually co wash and use a bunch of leave in conditioner,homemade whipped shea butter cream followed by curling cream but iam not sure i can do that for about 48h after henna and indigo... Please help

Default Re: How to moisture after indigo

How to add* moisture after indigo...my bad

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Curlynatural View Post
    How to add* moisture after indigo...my bad
    You can do anything after henna/indigo, I used to do a heavy oiling and then a honey/deep conditioners after mine and all it did was make it silky, it wont effect color, that color aint going anywhere.

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Oh nice because i really need some oil and my curls are struggling at the minute.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

You've already gotten advice, but I just wanna say that I always, CO-wash, use gel or detangling spray, oils and salve afterwards.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Thank you TatsuOni i will keep it in mind for my next indigo session .I am glad to get tips from fellow indigo heads ( plus your hair looks so beautiful)

Length
    ~WL/BCL/TBL+
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Just finished my indigo session and was wondering how do you keep your hair moisturized in the meantime? Because i have very curly hair i usually co wash and use a bunch of leave in conditioner,homemade whipped shea butter cream followed by curling cream but iam not sure i can do that for about 48h after henna and indigo... Please help
    My experience: If I am using henna alone or with other herbs besides indigo, I generally wash then condition and oil. I do not use any oil before or immediately after using indigo. After using indigo, I carefully comb out my hair, let dry then bun. I let the indigo settle for 48 to 72 hours and actually there is a noticeable change in the texture that tells me it's ok to resume my normal routine. It stays in a bun for that entire duration, just lightly combing morning at night. At that point, I will oil my ends then wash and condition. I generally don't start oiling until after the second wash. At that point, I will do a deep conditioning using coconut milk and herbs.

Indigo does not like oil. Even after multiple applications some oils especially coconut oil can cause the indigo to rub off. For that reason, I restrict indigo to once a month but have no restrictions on henna that I will use as much as twice a week.
    SL-->APL-->BSL-->MBL-->WL-->HL-->BCL-->TBL-->CL--->
    ~~~~~
    I henna!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Thank you TatsuOni i will keep it in mind for my next indigo session .I am glad to get tips from fellow indigo heads ( plus your hair looks so beautiful)
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by hennalove View Post
    My experience: If I am using henna alone or with other herbs besides indigo, I generally wash then condition and oil. I do not use any oil before or immediately after using indigo. After using indigo, I carefully comb out my hair, let dry then bun. I let the indigo settle for 48 to 72 hours and actually there is a noticeable change in the texture that tells me it's ok to resume my normal routine. It stays in a bun for that entire duration, just lightly combing morning at night. At that point, I will oil my ends then wash and condition. I generally don't start oiling until after the second wash. At that point, I will do a deep conditioning using coconut milk and herbs.

Indigo does not like oil. Even after multiple applications some oils especially coconut oil can cause the indigo to rub off. For that reason, I restrict indigo to once a month but have no restrictions on henna that I will use as much as twice a week.
    I have no problem at all using oil after indigo. I even add a few drops too my indigo when I dye my hair and it works fine for me.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights