Thread: General Cantu Discussion

Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Default General Cantu Discussion

I've decided I'm moving on from Suave and V05, a sad day indeed. I feel as though my hair has been thrown out on the cold cobbled streets on a rainy night from an orphanage in an animated movie. SO! It's time to find a new conditioner. Preferably not a ridiculously expensive one. I'm thinking the cantu Shea Butter Hydrating Cream Conditioner. This lead me to some specifics research points for a few ingredients I noticed. Particularly dimethylamine and polyester 11. But it seems to be curly girl approved. I'll check it out and report back! Anyone else have any experience with it?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: General Cantu Discussion

I only have experience (plenty) with their leave-in; love it!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    APL/??/CL
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

I’ve used the cream conditioner and still sometimes do. It’s pretty good, but if you don’t rinse it all out it can feel kinda rough. It also works for co-washing and quite well in SMTs, so a good all purpose rinse out conditioner. It also makes a good shaving cream. I recommend it
    Classic stretched, bcl to tbl most days otherwise.
    Unruly mix of 3s.

I use this conditioner often and it hydrates my hair very well. I also have very little tangles when my hair has dried. I do naturally have straight hair, but these products are designed for curly hair so I suppose they should work for curly hair.

Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

The cleansing cream shampoo (can't remember if it says conditioner...I'm almost certain it says shampoo) smells divine and works quite well at moisturizing my hair. Even though it is creamy and moisturizing, I still use conditioner with it. I don't use it consistently but have a trial size on-hand for when I am running low on my favorite shampoo. I have friends who rave about the leave-in; I have already found my holy grail and keep one leave-in myself, but I would consider trying this at some point.

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee93 View Post
    The cleansing cream shampoo (can't remember if it says conditioner...I'm almost certain it says shampoo) smells divine and works quite well at moisturizing my hair. Even though it is creamy and moisturizing, I still use conditioner with it. I don't use it consistently but have a trial size on-hand for when I am running low on my favorite shampoo. I have friends who rave about the leave-in; I have already found my holy grail and keep one leave-in myself, but I would consider trying this at some point.
    I recently finished their cleansing conditioner, a orange tube, strong sweet smell. Maybe the same product? It was a really good match for me. And then I have some Shea butter leave in in a white jar, it smells really, really nice and I like it a lot.

And oh, I have some curl reactivator something, a huge spray bottle, strong sweet smell. It's a bit odd, I can't spray it right to my hair because it's some kind of liquid jelly... But I spray it to my hands first, and it works.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    13/13/24
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Hello! I am a recently-converted Cantu fangirl!

Okay, okay, so I'm still very new to the curly girl method (like... within the last couple months). And my hair isn't ... well, black or mixed, nor otherwise thick and ultra-curly. I'm caucasian American with naturally wavy, naturally oily, naturally tangly hair. But I've recently learned of sulfate- and silicone-free hair products for curly and wavy hair, and after trying Jessicurl, Cantu, and other random sulfate- and silicone-free products, Cantu prevails by a longshot for me. Maybe I'm still weaning off of silicones, or maybe it's the particular ingredients you mentioned. I wish I knew more about the science it, but am still a newbie to proper hair care at this stage.

I have been using only Cantu products for at least a month now, plus henna and cassia treatments (and silk pillowcases... and a water softener), and am very happy with the progress within this small window. It feels like my wavy hair is “happier” (for lack of better description) with Cantu. My scalp is less oily than it usually would have been before. I can reach “Day 2” and wavy hair now with Cantu.

I use:
    • Cantu Sulfate-Free Cleansing Cream Shampoo
    • Cantu Shea Butter Hydrating Cream Conditioner
    • Cantu Sensitive Hypoallergenic Shampoo (ordered this on NaturallyCurly after I learned about it)
    • Cantu Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream
    • Cantu Care for Kids Conditioning Detangler (just to try)
    • Plus, a couple other Cantu products just to try.

I do hope that helps. What is your hair type and porosity? (I don't know my porosity...) Definitely report back with your results.

Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Suortuva View Post
    I recently finished their cleansing conditioner, a orange tube, strong sweet smell. Maybe the same product? It was a really good match for me. And then I have some Shea butter leave in in a white jar, it smells really, really nice and I like it a lot.

And oh, I have some curl reactivator something, a huge spray bottle, strong sweet smell. It's a bit odd, I can't spray it right to my hair because it's some kind of liquid jelly... But I spray it to my hands first, and it works.
    Hi, Suortuva I checked and mine does say "cleansing cream shampoo"...huh! But I agree that the fragrance is super yummy.