Length
    12"/Calf/Ankle
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: New And Starting from scratch

Welcome to the forum

JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Good luck on your journey! You are strong and you can do it! Remember to be patient

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Hi and welcome! I am sorry you have been through some troubling times but we are here with support! I think giving up bleach would be amazing for your hairs health. In the mane forum you can join the "giving up the bleach/dye thread"and find some incredibly inspiring hair journeys. I used to have bleached hair and it really benefits from having some routine protein treatments. You can have too much of a good thing though, maybe start off bi weekly and see how your hair feels. You can also use a deep conditioner every wash (I do just because I went cone free and my hair seems to e joy all the moisture)
    I think the best thing you can do while your hair is at a short length is to watch some tutorials and learn some new style before it gets long again. The first time I grew out my hair to hip I could barely manage a braid, but this time growing from chin I practiced along the way and it helped to learn on shorter hair. Another suggestion that will help you pass the time while growing is to look at some hair toys, sticks, forks, clips, and spoil yourself a bit. In addition to making the time go by, having your hair up with a hair tool will protect the ends and preserve the length.
    Happy you have joined us and happy growing!

Length
    14/14/24

Quote Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
    Hi and welcome! I am sorry you have been through some troubling times but we are here with support! I think giving up bleach would be amazing for your hairs health. In the mane forum you can join the "giving up the bleach/dye thread"and find some incredibly inspiring hair journeys. I used to have bleached hair and it really benefits from having some routine protein treatments. You can have too much of a good thing though, maybe start off bi weekly and see how your hair feels. You can also use a deep conditioner every wash (I do just because I went cone free and my hair seems to e joy all the moisture)
    I think the best thing you can do while your hair is at a short length is to watch some tutorials and learn some new style before it gets long again. The first time I grew out my hair to hip I could barely manage a braid, but this time growing from chin I practiced along the way and it helped to learn on shorter hair. Another suggestion that will help you pass the time while growing is to look at some hair toys, sticks, forks, clips, and spoil yourself a bit. In addition to making the time go by, having your hair up with a hair tool will protect the ends and preserve the length.
    Happy you have joined us and happy growing!
    Thank you for all the messages welcoming me and the advice and directions to threads. Its all a bit confusing. So what are cones and cone-free ? Also co-washing just means skipping shampoo and using only conditioner, right ?

Welcome! LHC is the place to be when you have hair woes for sure! What an ordeal you have been through, but there are a lot of knowledgeable people here that can help you through whatever hairy issues you might have
    I'm no expert, but what I know of comes is this, cones coat your hair and prevent moisture from soaking in to your hair strands, but they also coat and make your hair appear healthier... they are in most condioners, and go by several different names. That's the basics, but I'm no expert and there are others here who can help you out there.
    And co washing means exactly what you said. You can either use regular conditioner, a cone free one preferably, I love the VO5 brand because it's cheap and light for co washing, or you can get cleansing conditioners. I am just beginning on my own hair journey so I'm learning and am just a student myself, so I'm sure much more wiser LHCers will bring their wisdome! Happy growing!
    Jesus is my Saviour, my Lord, my Love, my Life.

Pixie ~ Ear ~ Chin ~ SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ WL ~

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Manegoal has pretty great answers. Cones are short for silicones. They are in a lot of conditioners. They create a protective seal or barrier around each hair strand. They can lock moisture out and cause dryness sometimes but they can also seal moisture in and be a great tool for some people. They were beneficial for me when I have severely damaged hair but now I dont find them necessary and I avoid them.
    You've got it exactly right about co-washing and manegoal has added some great info so I will leave it at that. Whatever you are still unsure about feel free to ask, we love to help here at lhc

Length
    SL/APL/WL
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Hi! Welcome to LHC

Length
    14/14/24

Quote Originally Posted by Nox_Inber View Post
    Hi! Welcome to LHC
    Hi !

I am really having a hard time enjoying my short hair. Some days I think it looks cute, but other times I feel like it looks like a helmet. And on windy days its just...icky. I tried co-washing it but it lookks darker especially at the roots and I am so addicted to blonde. I am resisting the tempation to bleach the roots and had some low lights put in so there isn't such and obvious line. I just feel BLAH and not cute. Oh well, I guess its temporary.

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

It is most definitely temporary and hopefully you can take a bit of comfort from that. It did bring me comfort when I needed it.