Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Love Beauty and Planet

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Love Beauty and Planet

So strange, my hair loves the Sandalwood conditioner, but it's not doing so well with Lush's American Cream. I was blaming SLS's. But both have it. Though it still might be that, maybe Lush has more. But I still feel a bit disappointed because of the ingredients... Sigh. But these are good products for my hair, I really like what they are doing (I have Sandalwood conditioner and cleansing conditioner).
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I only use it as a change up sometimes from my regular products.
    Not every week.
    So I don't really mind the sulfates.
    In shampoo my hair even prefers sulfates in it.

*Pictures*
    *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I actually forgot about the sulphate-in-conditioner thing and found that Savers have a random stock of a couple of LBAP things. They had body washes/shower gels as well as three hair products (coconut & ylang-ylang shampoo, and vetiver shampoo and conditioner) but I have a shower gel in my stash to try first so resisted. I sniffed the vetiver conditioner because it was a great price, but I'm glad I did because it was not really my kind of smell - a bit herbal-y, and although it put me in mind of summer, it's definitely a smell I'd only not mind in a shampoo because my hair tends not to hold onto any shampoo scent.

I'm nowhere near getting onto the LBAP conditioner already in my stash anyway
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I have been thinking, that I don't want to buy any new products with Methylchloroisothiazolinone or Methylisothiazolinone. So I was very disappointed when I realised that my LBAP products have these. Why?

I found out that lots of my other products have these too, and I am gonna use up them all, because I don't have any problems, but I just don't feel like buying more of that stuff.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Suortuva View Post
    I have been thinking, that I don't want to buy any new products with Methylchloroisothiazolinone or Methylisothiazolinone. So I was very disappointed when I realised that my LBAP products have these. Why?

I found out that lots of my other products have these too, and I am gonna use up them all, because I don't have any problems, but I just don't feel like buying more of that stuff.
    I started considering that, then in looking into alternatives I found that there are some preservatives approved for use in leave-on products (e.g. skin cream) which are contentious too. The methyl(chloro)isothiazolinones are only allowed in rinse-off products and the 'safer' alternatives are disputed ... I'm not sure any compamy can win them all.

My instinctive reaction was the same as yours though, slightly disappointed that they still used known irritants. The Garnier masks don't, but I didn't take notice of what they *do* use.

OH! I've just realised it is a factor to be considered when doing deep conditioning (I use my ordinary conditioners and leave them on for a few hours), to make sure I don't put the ones with the zolinones on my scalp.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Recently I got the Love, Beauty, and Planet charcoal and Bergamot Delightful Detox Sulphate Free shampoo (dang that's a mouthful). I've used it three times now and each time my hair was left with a weird tacky texture. I had thought maybe it was my conditioning routine that was messing with it so I tried it alone and noticed the same stickiness when I was done rinsing. It seems like my hair is sort of picky about coconut oil so it's probably just that.

I just thought I would give a heads up.

Has anyone else had this issue with this shampoo?

Length
    Shave/Mid t/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

I tried the coconut shampoo and conditioner and liked it, I haven't seen the full range I'll have to take a look.

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I use the jasmine shampoo/conditioner and the rose shampoo. I really like them all.
    So far, it's the only sulfate free shampoo that doesn't leave any residue or weigh my hair down.

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I don't know if it's the same formula in Brazil, but I think that this brand is really good.

Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    I'm nowhere near getting onto the LBAP conditioner already in my stash anyway
    I'm now on my third bottle, one of coconut and mimosa and this is the second of rose and murumuru. My hair loves them! [Thankfully, because the Faith in Nature conditioner that was my previous HG started to really irritate my skin and has been discontinued anyway.] I use these as the first C, left on my ponytail for a few hours before a wash. My hair holds onto the scent reasonably well, being bunned all the time between washes, so I get a whiff every time I rebun for at least a week .