Thread: Black hair dye!

Default Black hair dye!

I was wondering if black hair dye would look good on my already light brown dyed hair? I mean it's actually what my original hair colour is and I was thinking of going back to it and then stop dying it once and for all. But I am also wondering if it will make me look older and washed out? But I want my natural hair without any more chemicals in it so I'm thinking to dye it black as it was originally and then swear off dying for good as the new roots would be the same colour and I wouldn't have to do any touch ups. But I also trade that black hair makes one look older as it accentuates all the skin imperfections of age. Not that I mind it, as it's all part and parcel of life but I'm really undecided if I should go for it? Any advice would be welcome.

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Black hair dye!

It sounds like you are deciding between grow out your natural black color or dye it black? Am I understanding correctly? And you think that black dye can look aging? I used to have dyed black hair and it always looked "fake" on me and it did have a washing out effect and highlighted any imperfections. I felt like I only looked good when wearing a ton of make up with dyed black hair. I think because the perfectly sleek and pristine black, with no high or lowlights is very stark on someone without the complexion for black hair. If it is your natural color then you might not have my same problems. I'm sorry I cant be more help, but welcome and happy growing.

Milosmomma I'm from India and I have a wheatish complexion so I guess it will look ok on me and yes I will have to wear make up. Btw I love the black Kohled eyes which I normally do in routine. Right now my hair is dyed light brown with highlights so I guess it's time for a change. Let's hope I can carry it. Thank u for your advice though, much appreciated. 😊😊😊

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I have noticed you hanging around the newbie section for a while. You might want to start posting in the "mane" forum, zahraomer05. You don't get post counts in the newbie section and this is rather a question for there instead of here anymore.

Just wanting to help. I hope you don't mind!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

No problem I am hth yes I think you will have better luck with dying and your complexion. I am fair and still prone to acne in my 30s so every blemish was highlighted on me, eek!
    Lapushka is right, for some reason the new section doesnt count towards you post count.

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/27"/50+
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

zahraomer05, have you considered a semi-permanent dye / deposit-only dye so you can see if it's a color that works for you? Many of them will wash out fairly quickly and it might be a way you can try out a color without hard-committing to it permanently. Plus, they tend to be much more gentle and cause MUCH less damage than conventional dyes or bleach. Heck, deposit-only dyes are often like doing a deep conditioning treatment if you find the right ones!

Thank u maborisi this seems like a really good idea. Thank u.

I Did It. Dyed my hair blue back and boy does it look awesome. I only wish I had done it sooner. Now no more bleached. 😊😊😊
    Ready and all geared up for the hair growth journey. Hope I can post pics soon.

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Ooo I cant wait to see! You can post pictures now using an outside picture hosting site(I use imgur) and then copy and pasting the image code to your post here. In order to use the albums here you need to accumulate 25 posts and they only count in certain forums, new forum doesnt count sadly. I am so glad you went for it and ar enjoying your new color