Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi friends, new here

Smile Hi friends, new here

Hi all!

Another new person here in the new people place!

My natural hair is dry, dark brown and wirey gray and I absolutely hate it. For years I had it colored at a salon but was never really happy with the dull brownish red I was getting out of it, which of course faded quickly anyway. A couple years ago we slowly bleached it to blonde, and going forward kept roots maintained, never rebleaching length. I didn't wear it blonde though I would go home to apply fun semi permanent dyes. Purple, pink etc, now I am over that, and I have begun using more normal-ish colors from Adore.

While I was glad I tried the hair experiment for a while, now I regret it. Mistakes were made. Bleach is way too high maintenance, expensive (I would never do it on my own), not healthy, super damaging and so on.

So, here I am to look around for some insight to help me along as I begin the journey of growing out the damaged, bleached hair. I miss having long hair, it is currently appx shoulder length. I have had to cut SO much off from bleach damage even when taking what I consider decent care of it (up for debate haha). I want to save as much length as possible, but the ends and parts of length keep looking worse and worse even when I trim them and it's kind of depressing.

I wish I had seen this place a few years ago, maybe I wouldn't have gone down that dark path!
    But I am glad I found you guys in the end! I was researching henna when I stumbled here.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: Hi friends, new here

Welcome here! We'll help you get your hair sorted out
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome to the forum!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Hello welcome

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Hello fellow newbie!

Hello and welcome fellow newbie. I wouldn't suggest henna as it will dry your hair out and give it a permanent dye which is nearly impossible to get rid of. I would suggest lots of oiling to keep your hair moisturized. Oiling also helps with healthy hair growth as it stimulates the scalp and increases blood flow. But if u really want to use henna I would suggest that u research it first on the net. It's just my personal experience with it that I shared with u. Happy hair journey.

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Hi! Welcome to LHC

Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Hello! New here too!

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Hello welcome! I second the oiling. If you're really feeling dry try oil as a ROO(rinse out oil) apply during a wash after shampoo and before conditioner. It seals in alot of moisture for me personally. I would probably try and find a good deep conditioner and use it in place of your normal conditioner every wash. I use eden bodyworks almond marshmallow deep conditioner but any deep kind should do. Happy growing!

Length
    APL/28.5"/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Welcome SylveonPaws, the good thing is that you have cut off the bleach. I think you will be surprised at how well your hair grows now - a year can fly by so fast, and the average person gains 6 inches in a year! That is quite a lot in hair terms. There are dedicated henna threads here and you will find out all the info you need there; I would read that and post there to get more info. Don't be put off, do your research first.
    Ends of hair generally get damaged the fastest and need looking after, there are loads of things you can try and I am sure you will be able to get all the help you need here!
    BSL -> MBL -> WL (almost) -> Hip->TBL!